Likely line up

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont put players on the bench just for the sake of it. We did that last season, and it stops progress from more important players at the club. Why play a player who isnt wanted and doesnt even show any effort or commitment to the team? Its unbelievable.

Petrescu said:
You dont put players on the bench just for the sake of it. We did that last season, and it stops progress from more important players at the club. Why play a player who isnt wanted and doesnt even show any effort or commitment to the team? Its unbelievable.
IMO He is better than the hyped up youth players we have!!!

Teeno said:
Petrescu said:
How can you say this? He's done fvuk all. And before you say neither have the youth, how can they when none get any chances, and why, because people like you actually want shit like Gillespie in the team. Its sad. Very saddening. I long for the day people see things more obviously: Undeserving players dont deserve. Those who make the effort get the rewards.

Petrescu said:
Teeno said:
Petrescu said:
How can you say this? He's done fvuk all. And before you say neither have the youth, how can they when none get any chances, and why, because people like you actually want shit like Gillespie in the team. Its sad. Very saddening. I long for the day people see things more obviously: Undeserving players dont deserve. Those who make the effort get the rewards.

Gillespie will be a good player to have on the bench next seaosn. I can't see what you see in these young players. There hardly setting the world alight in the reserves.

Teeno said:
Petrescu said:
Teeno said:
Petrescu said:

Gillespie will be a good player to have on the bench next seaosn. I can't see what you see in these young players. There hardly setting the world alight in the reserves.
Gillespie has, has he? Gillespie has done anything for this football club, has he? Come on you know the answer to these questions try and think harder... The answers
No
So hope he leaves like i am.

Petrescu said:
[
Gillespie has, has he? Gillespie has done anything for this football club, has he? Come on you know the answer to these questions try and think harder... The answers
No
So hope he leaves like i am.

Gillespie hasn't done anything, for this club YES.

But IMO he will be more effective coming on of the bench then some average young player.

How will he? You've said yourself he's done nothing for this club. So why would you plan to repay him for what he's done for us by playing him even more? Does he have enthuism? No, but more important he has very little to offer anymore. A younger player to come on would be more use than he is,. Micky should be telling him, you've had your chance, now fvck off down the Bookies and dont come back.

I wouldnt call any of the young players i go on about average, i'd call them an exciting talent that we must make the most of. Calling them average proves its all you want to think of them as. Yet Gillespie cant do no wrong. Crazy.

TBH I don't rate Gillespie at all, but I'm trying to make a point that I think that you are really getting over the top about the academy lads. Lets be honest out of the lads there how many do you think will come through and do any good for the club?

In the last ten years we have had 4, Heskey, Piper, Stewart and Heath.

The academy has gone massivly down hill since Alan Hill left. All i'm saying is don't pull your hair out because Micky knows better than us lot he sees these players train week in week out and if he thought that someone was good enough he'd play them. These players you reckon should be thrown into the cut and thrust of the first division have done nothing, We hardly have the greatest youth and reserve team in the country do we.

Teeno said:

The academy has gone massivly down hill since Alan Hill left.
None of them players came through the academy under alan hill. This is now not then. Since then it has improved and the potential some of the players have is great, and exciting to think we actually have some talented players. All we care about nowadays are grinders, players that dont have too much talent or are past it or are both. I want to see some flair and pace for once. Forget the excuses, its possible to play players with these attributes, whether loan signings from premiership or abroad which micky is avoiding again suprisingly, or bringing a young player like petrescu through gradually. Rather than bring shite on like Gillespie. It would benefit the club for the future. Players like Gillespie are stopping this, stupid thoughts in Mickys head are stopping this also. It needs to get through to them, and a lot of people on here.
We have a good youth team, that was proved last year. U-17's progressing all the way to the reserves at 16 years old and even scoring - Stearman & Wesolowski. And you call them average. They are great talents.

Pretty sure the kids will be playing a bigger part next season. When micky said he plans to bring in a blend of youth & experience to the old team i thought when he first said it that he meant bring up youth from the ranks to the first team squad, nobody else sees it this way though.

I reckon O'Grady & Stearman at least will be given squad numbers for next season, and if u watch the video on the site u can see a certain tomi petrescu training with the first team, so he'll probably get given a number aswell.

But if you seriously think we can buy a better young striker than dublin, or better young defence minded midfielders than mcateer or tiatto, then you're just wrong. If they cant play next season worry about it then, we're infinately better off going up and coming straight back down again than staying here for 3 years and then going up.

look at the likes of forest, derby, sheff utd etc. Once you're stuck here for a while it's ****ing hard to go back up.

Tom W said:
Pretty sure the kids will be playing a bigger part next season. When micky said he plans to bring in a blend of youth & experience to the old team i thought when he first said it that he meant bring up youth from the ranks to the first team squad, nobody else sees it this way though.

I reckon O'Grady & Stearman at least will be given squad numbers for next season, and if u watch the video on the site u can see a certain tomi petrescu training with the first team, so he'll probably get given a number aswell.
I'm really looking forward to when the squad numbers get given out. If Petrescu aint got a squad number i'm going to be so pissed off even more he's 18 now FFS - so prepare yourself. O'Grady should get one too but Stearmans is still very young he's an awesome defender though.

Is Levi Porter going to get one you reckon?

I think O'grady is 100% definate, and probably petrescu aswell. Stearman is only like 16 still i guess so maybe not him

Tom W said:
Is Levi Porter going to get one you reckon?

I think O'grady is 100% definate, and probably petrescu aswell. Stearman is only like 16 still i guess so maybe not him
Doubt Porter will. But then again i can see none of them getting one so that'll help knock the confidence out of them :roll:

Petrescu said:
Teeno said:

None of them players came through the academy under alan hill. This is now not then. Since then it has improved and the potential some of the players have is great

And you know this for a fact do you?
How much do you actually know about LCFC academy?
I know that under Alan Hill the academy was great and was progressing well, it was when he left that my brother left, as it went down hill massivly.

You'd be shocked if you knew hoe many players city are losing out to Forest because they actually care about thier kids. The lcfc Academy is a joke, trust me I was at Belvoir drive 3 times a week every week when me brother was there. We have probably the worst academy in the midlands. Just look at the likes of Forest and Derby though, they have had some fantastic players come through but have ruined them by playing them to early. There is a time for playing young players, IMO I don't think a footballer should be playing first team football every week at 16 and 17, build them up, let them learn. take note of Owen, Heskey etc Great prospect at 16/17 but look at them now, a nose diving career.

Teeno said:
Petrescu said:
Teeno said:

None of them players came through the academy under alan hill. This is now not then. Since then it has improved and the potential some of the players have is great

And you know this for a fact do you?
How much do you actually know about LCFC academy?
I know its the best academy set up we've ever had at the club so some people must try and support it instead of have no time for it like Mr Mick.

I agree with Petrescu on the matter of Gillespie. He offers us nothing - There is no reason for him to be on the bench, especially when Micky says he can leave anyway for free. I'd rather have someone like O'Grady who would be certain to make more of an impact than Gillespie. Gillespie doesn't give a shit about LCFC - Someone like O'Grady does.

is alan hill in work now or is he still unemployed, cos i think we should get him back to run the youth teams, he is a well gd coach for dat kind of stuff i think, well dats wat ppl tell me hey.

I do support it, it would be my dream to see another Lineker/Shilton come through but I just can't see it in the current crop.

Petrescu and Wesolowski I think in time could brake into the team, but the rest I don't think stand much chance. Allthough I think the academy is poorly run I can't deny that the players in it aren't the best for a long time.
It's all about bringing them through at the right time, IMO you want it all to happen now, but like I have said a number of times we need to learn from the mistakes of Derby. Build them up and brake them in steadily.

Teeno said:
I do support it, it would be my dream to see another Lineker/Shilton come through but I just can't see it in the current crop.

Petrescu and Wesolowski I think in time could brake into the team, but the rest I don't think stand much chance
Dodds and Stearman have great chances also, they performed brilliantly last season and Dodds trained regularly with the first team. Take note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263