Post Match Liverpool 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having Albrighton being hammered for that challenge. It was incredibly soft and Mane did a full swan dive. Similar things happen twenty times a game in the area. Mane chose to massively exaggerate it.

We were awful first half. Lacked composure more than anything. We played like kids against men.

Second half (as usual) we were much better. We nicked an equaliser against the run of play. We hung in there for it but it's not like we'd earned a point.

We lost (again) to a dodgy as feck penalty at Anfield. VAR couldn't overturn it but the ref was soft as shite giving that penalty. Fecking Kavanagh again against us, he's a absolute ****.

We talk about how underrated Mark Albrighton is, but I think James Milner was the difference
Also, I have a concern over Chilwell.
Is he another that think they’ve made it and start to stagnate?

Let's not start analysing the penalty. It was ****ing stupid from Albrighton and a penalty was the right decision no matter how minimal the contact. We'd have been apocalyptically cross had it been one of our attackers in the box challenged like that and not awarded a penalty.

I'm not going to argue there wasn't contact and it was ****ing stupid from Albrighton not to just clear it in the first place but Sadio Mane pulls away from that challenge and then just swan dives to the ground. Football is a contact sport, the contact there was minimal and on any other part of the pitch I'm not sure a free kick would have been awarded.. it wasn't enough to be considered a foul IMO. Dive all day long and the ****ing ref lapped it up with a smile on his face.

I tell you what I'll wait till the 94th minute, do a headless chicken into the box and even if there in no pressure from the hand touching my back I'll hurl meself to the floor and this referee will be bound to give us a pen.

Not having Albrighton being hammered for that challenge. It was incredibly soft and Mane did a full swan dive. Similar things happen twenty times a game in the area. Mane chose to massively exaggerate it.

We were awful first half. Lacked composure more than anything. We played like kids against men.

Second half (as usual) we were much better. We nicked an equaliser against the run of play. We hung in there for it but it's not like we'd earned a point.

We lost (again) to a dodgy as feck penalty at Anfield. VAR couldn't overturn it but the ref was soft as shite giving that penalty. Fecking Kavanagh again against us, he's a absolute ****.

The foul was one thing and I agree it’s a ****ing horrible decision...the way he failed to deal with the ball prior was ****ing scandalous though.

The ref is a twat, on that we agree.

Considering what's been given as pens to them in the past i can take a 1 goal defeat. Back to playing against shite for a while after today. I'll take second in may.

Thought the tactics from Jurgen to put Mane on Chilwell was a good call, both our full backs looked up against it today. Any idea why it started kicking off at the end?

I thought we were decent value second half.

Evans has a bit of an off day. And I continue to be baffled by Chilwell.

I thought Wilf was excellent, Soyuncu too. And I agree that Perez should start. We look more balanced when he plays. I like him.

Really like Praet too. A lovely footballer.

Very similar to the match at Old Trafford a few weeks ago. We did alright, played some attractive football at times, but didn’t really lay a glove on them which was disappointing.

I need to see the penalty again as I didn’t have a clear view, but Albrightons reaction suggests he thought it was.

Praet was our best player, he looks to be the complete central midfielder - superb with or without the ball.

Chilwell needs dropping, he was woeful.

Agreed. But with Tielemans, Praet, Perez coming in I'm not surprised we dont know our best team yet. Still a good performance and very unlucky not to pull off a result that no one else has managed ...

It’s not the challenge that’s the problem , it’s the dogshit schoolboy defending and failure to clear the ball when he had a chance to do so.

****ing awful from Albrighton

Thought the tactics from Jurgen to put Mane on Chilwell was a good call, both our full backs looked up against it today. Any idea why it started kicking off at the end?

Eh? Mane was on the other side of the pitch to Chilwell.

Perez lost the plot at some cheating scouse twat. Fair play.

How many teams will go to Anfield and lose this season? We are not far off the top 2 on our day. We just need to have more faith in our own play than looking at the opposition. Against most other teams in the division City show their confidence. Small things that need to be worked on for me.

Eh? Mane was on the other side of the pitch to Chilwell.

Mane closed down and challenged Chilwell, stopping him from crossing the ball on at least four separate occasions, so not sure what you were watching

Although there were so many times Chilwell failed to cross, or just gave the ball away that it was easy to miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669