Post Match Liverpool 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mane closed down and challenged Chilwell, stopping him from crossing the ball on at least four separate occasions, so not sure what you were watching

Although there were so many times Chilwell failed to cross, or just gave the ball away that it was easy to miss

Got to the point now where I just expect our attack to die or fizzle out once it reaches our Ben.

Gets so much ball and does so little of note with it. Reminds me of Konchesky at the minute...and I ****ing hated watching Konchesky.

He’s getting sloppier defensively too. It’s bizarre to me. As I really rate him. He won’t get dropped but we’ve got a more consistent left back.

Disappointed to lose when a player dives, he is renowned for it to! Albrighton will learn from it sounded like he played well, the return fixture should be tasty.
International break and come back with a bang

Okay, on Chilwell.

I thought he was below par today. He was also poor against Newcastle.

However, it is allowed. He's still a kid and learning. He made a slow start last season and some people jumped all over him. He was allowed to get on with it and developed into one of our best players as the season evolved.

I know I'm hard on Maddison but he's far experienced than Chilwell and far less consistent.

It's weird. One shot aside, Barnes has been terrible this season in compasison to Chilwell yet nobody says a word against him. Chilwell gets pelters every week.

Really impressed by Praet so far. Constantly busy.

Yes Chilwell was poor. What I found most irritating was his passing - too many times just lumping it into an area without looking to see who is there.

Gutting to lose in that way. Overall I thought we played well but didn't test their keeper enough. They had two excellent chances first half they should have put away and Kasper made a few good saves.

Haha Mattock thought he was billy big bollox playing in The Championship.

Chillwell had an off day against Europe’s elite.

I agree with BN every time he gets the ball our attacks generally fizzle out but he was not at fault defensively today.

I know I'm hard on Maddison but he's far experienced than Chilwell and far less consistent.

That’s just not true, though, is it

They’re both the same age, but Chilwell has played over 60/70 games in the Premier League and has over half a dozen caps. Whereas Maddison has just last season in the Prem, a load of games in League One and Championship, and no caps

As for consistency, well Chilwell has been consistently ****ing awful all season, but Maddison has been pretty bloody decent

For some strange reason you can’t see it - but you also didn’t see Mane absolutely school the hopeless twonk repeatedly all game today, so that figures

Haha Mattock thought he was billy big bollox playing in The Championship.

Chillwell had an off day against Europe’s elite

Chilwell also has an off day against dross every other week. If hes was only shit against the elite he wouldn't be Mattock.....but all signs are he is.

That’s just not true, though, is it

They’re both the same age, but Chilwell has played over 60/70 games in the Premier League and has over half a dozen caps. Whereas Maddison has just last season in the Prem, a load of games in League One and Championship, and no caps

As for consistency, well Chilwell has been consistently ****ing awful all season, but Maddison has been pretty bloody decent

For some strange reason you can’t see it - but you also didn’t see Mane absolutely school the hopeless twonk repeatedly all game today, so that figures

Chilwell has 104 senior appearances, Maddison has 158. So Maddison has about a season's worth more first team football than Chilwell.

Maddison was playing senior football regularly from 2014. Chilwell started out with Huddersfield in early 2016.

You're entitled to your opinion re the relative merits of both players this season. I think you're wrong.

The point I was making (that you've avoided entirely) is that there is a complete imbalance in criticism towards certain players.

I know I have a tendency to go against the trend and so when people overly criticise Chilwell and overly praise Maddison, I feel a need to balance it a bit. I know I've had a go at Maddison a few times but it's only because nobody else is and there are some serious flaws in evidence. If a few others pointed this out, I wouldn't bother.

Why is it that the same players get criticised every game irrespective of whether it's earned or not? Chilwell was below par today but so was Ricardo and Barnes and Maddison (in the first half). Why was Chilwell the only one getting constantly picked up for it? And why is the criticism of Chilwell so over the top? It's absolutely absurd. He's the best left back we've had in decades.

Chilwell also has an off day against dross every other week. If hes was only shit against the elite he wouldn't be Mattock.....but all signs are he is.

It was Chilwell's cross that set up Ndidi's goal against Newcastle a week ago. Not sure if that supports your point or contradicts it? I'm more interested in whether coming up against palpably superior attacking wing-backs today playing for an in-form team, will help him develop.

Anyhoo, I only tuned in to find out where on the comedy Richter scale, Albrighton's effort today compared to the one against Newport, I expect it was 11.

Why is it that the same players get criticised every game irrespective of whether it's earned or not? Chilwell was below par today but so was Ricardo and Barnes and Maddison (in the first half). Why was Chilwell the only one getting constantly picked up for it? And why is the criticism of Chilwell so over the top? It's absolutely absurd. He's the best left back we've had in decades.

I'm gonna suggest that others have credit in the bank. Praise of Chilwell is going to get like when people ignored Maguire's shortcomings in fear people would read it and pay less. Reality is he offers cock all at the moment.

It was Chilwell's cross that set up Ndidi's goal against Newcastle a week ago. Not sure if that supports your point or contradicts it?

No idea either. I don't think anyone on either team was bothered by that point.

Any idea why it started kicking off at the end?

Apparently it was Robertson who went a bit nuts at the final whistle celebrating and in the process pushed Perez. The City players did well actually as Perez was going to twat him until they pulled him away.

I called out Chris Kavanagh before the game as a ref we've had little but disasterous experiences with.

He's now ref'd us ten times in total - 2 wins, 1 draw and 7 defeats. We're the only side he's ever given two red cards to (Maddison and Ndidi). By means of comparison, he's ref'd Liverpool five times and they've won every one.

Aside from the stats, he's fecking awful. He always seems to me to make a lot of wrong decisions.

Today was an intimidating atmosphere with Klopp and the crowd baying for the most ridiculous decisions throughout. He too often fell for their nonsense, most notably with the penalty, but there were loads of dodgy calls that went for Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669