Post Match Liverpool 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back.

Anfield and surrounds is the most fake experience in football.

Day trippers taking selfies ****ing everywhere, including Infront of a ****ing chippy.

Every single scarf was brand new, not a whiff of of a previous game anywhere near them.

A bizarre place, that looks authentic ut under the surface is a plastic fans paradise.

We were shit, again

Tell these boys the team they are playing are big and famous and they just don't know how to handle it.

All this waxing lyrical about Liverpool from BR this week won't have helped.

They were poor and also there for the taking, we left it too late in the game to try.

Overall we were sloppy, error strewn and generally a bit soft.

Ben Chilwell is getting worse in every game I watch.

I called out Chris Kavanagh before the game as a ref we've had little but disasterous experiences with.

He's now ref'd us ten times in total - 2 wins, 1 draw and 7 defeats. We're the only side he's ever given two red cards to (Maddison and Ndidi). By means of comparison, he's ref'd Liverpool five times and they've won every one.

Aside from the stats, he's fecking awful. He always seems to me to make a lot of wrong decisions.

Today was an intimidating atmosphere with Klopp and the crowd baying for the most ridiculous decisions throughout. He too often fell for their nonsense, most notably with the penalty, but there were loads of dodgy calls that went for Liverpool.
Except it was a penalty as Albrighton caught him.

I called out Chris Kavanagh before the game as a ref we've had little but disasterous experiences with.

He's now ref'd us ten times in total - 2 wins, 1 draw and 7 defeats. We're the only side he's ever given two red cards to (Maddison and Ndidi). By means of comparison, he's ref'd Liverpool five times and they've won every one.

Aside from the stats, he's fecking awful. He always seems to me to make a lot of wrong decisions.

Today was an intimidating atmosphere with Klopp and the crowd baying for the most ridiculous decisions throughout. He too often fell for their nonsense, most notably with the penalty, but there were loads of dodgy calls that went for Liverpool.

He was terrible.

Decision in the second half at 1 all. Perez wins the ball, 3 on two situation and ref blows for nothing.

The ref was fine. He allowed the game to flow and got virtually every decision right.

Some people need glasses.

Just got back.

Anfield and surrounds is the most fake experience in football.

Day trippers taking selfies ****ing everywhere, including Infront of a ****ing chippy.

Every single scarf was brand new, not a whiff of of a previous game anywhere near them.

A bizarre place, that looks authentic ut under the surface is a plastic fans paradise.

We were shit, again

Tell these boys the team they are playing are big and famous and they just don't know how to handle it.

All this waxing lyrical about Liverpool from BR this week won't have helped.

They were poor and also there for the taking, we left it too late in the game to try.

Overall we were sloppy, error strewn and generally a bit soft.

Ben Chilwell is getting worse in every game I watch.
Was that Hamza tackle as bad as klopp said?

IMO it was a professional foul to prevent a dangerous attack, deserving of a booking. Not a particularly dangerous tackle deserving of a red. Klopp just trying to divert from the fact they won by cheating no doubt..

Was a straightforward professional foul, and a clear yellow. That is all

Klopp just being a vile ungracious twat, as he always is

Was just about a foul, but it was also a dive. It can be both things at the same time

Ref could have given it, could have ignored it

Either way he went, VAR wouldn’t have overruled it

That’s just not true, though, is it

They’re both the same age, but Chilwell has played over 60/70 games in the Premier League and has over half a dozen caps. Whereas Maddison has just last season in the Prem, a load of games in League One and Championship, and no caps

As for consistency, well Chilwell has been consistently ****ing awful all season, but Maddison has been pretty bloody decent

For some strange reason you can’t see it - but you also didn’t see Mane absolutely school the hopeless twonk repeatedly all game today, so that figures
Using facts and reason to back up your argument? Get the **** out of here.

It was a foul. I really don't know why the referee is getting such a hammering from some, he was fine. No better or no worse than most others we have had. Mane may have flopped like a fish on a line but he was caught, simple. Albrighton's challenge was ****ing ludicrous and he should have put his foot right through it. Defending him is daft.

I have never seen what others have in Chilwell but today was the diarrhoea icing on a turd cake. He was useless in game one of this season and he's got progressively worse from there. When Fuchs played we looked far more solid and we had far more structure on the left but Chilwell is offering nothing at the momet. If he is as good as some think, then a stint on the bench won't hurt him. If it's all gone to his head then the proof will be in the Pudding if he's dropped. Either way, he has to be dropped for the next game. Mane tore him apart at least 4 times today and it was clear that the tactic was to attack down that side as much as possible.

For as bad as Maddison looked in the first half, I thought he was great in the second. Perez needs to play though. I really like him and he does far more than he gets credit for.

Chilwell has 104 senior appearances, Maddison has 158. So Maddison has about a season's worth more first team football than Chilwell.

Maddison was playing senior football regularly from 2014. Chilwell started out with Huddersfield in early 2016.
So you've completely ignored the part where homer made reference to appearences in the PL and international appearences both of which should, in turn, lead to a better understanding of how to play those types of players week in week out. Okay. Just so we're clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669