Post Match Liverpool 3 Leicester 3 EFL Cup QF Lost 5-4 on penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… Because I’ve got about £500 worth of booze in the house.

Youri was shit tonight. Although, I'm not sure where he was playing.
Shape Wise it was a 4 3 1 2

It pushed KDH and Tielemans wide, bizarrely to accommodate for Soumare in the middle.

It also meant our full backs stayed home a lot more than usual.

Actual BR comments:

"Really disappointed with result but proud of team. Everything thrown at us with injuries and the ref was awful and the worst I've seen for a while.

"Overall, ref was very very poor. Just in general not giving us decisions and some key mistakes.

"Ricardo injured, Cags hamstring, Vards hamstring went at the end, then we had to bring in players that haven't trained. They are largely fatigue injuries due to overplaying and the intensity of games.

"Covid and injuries are a big challenge for us but the players have been amazing. We had to play a diamond because I've got no wingers. Perez and Lookman only just returned to training. Players gave everything but just couldn't see it through".

My missus said she saw a woman knock over a display of champagne at March House Farmshop near Melton today…. Feels like it was a sign. Maybe it was Ryan Bertrand in disguise buying his prematch bubbly.

My missus said she saw a woman knock over a display of champagne at March House Farmshop near Melton today…. Feels like it was a sign. Maybe it was Ryan Bertrand in disguise buying his prematch bubbly.
Looking at how the **** was chewing before he came on the pitch I wouldn't at all have been surprised to see him in a farm.

I love this competition to bits. It's part of the Holy Grail. The Treble. The fact that VAR isn't used shows the contempt that exists for the competition. Thomas was taken out. Ricardo was on the receiving end of a very poor tackle. The referee's authority evaporated.

I had about that much in the house at the start of the week
I restocked this afternoon in anticipation of this game.

I'm on the single malt now to try and calm me down.

He was great again tonight. What are you wanting from him?! Of all the criticisms you could make of players tonight, this one is ****ing bonkers beyond senility.
he is positionally lacking and physically not there yet 100% effort yet cannot spot danger, he must close the player down out wide whether he has been told not to I do not know. Tell me will you be saying the same when JJ is occupying that position? At the moment he is not quite there maybe in a few seasons he will be, lets not kid ourselves that was an understrength Liverpool team tonight.

Can not fault his effort tonight but when it comes down to quality it is not there yet, the lad is young and will hopefully mature into a quality LB.

I love this competition to bits. It's part of the Holy Grail. The Treble. The fact that VAR isn't used shows the contempt that exists for the competition. Thomas was taken out. Ricardo was on the receiving end of a very poor tackle. The referee's authority evaporated.
He was genuinely dreadful. Liverpool bullied him.

he is positionally lacking and physically not there yet 100% effort yet cannot spot danger, he must close the player down out wide whether he has been told not to I do not know. Tell me will you be saying the same when JJ is occupying that position? At the moment he is not quite there maybe in a few seasons he will be, lets not kid ourselves that was an understrength Liverpool team tonight.

Can not fault his effort tonight but when it comes down to quality it is not there yet, the lad is young and will hopefully mature into a quality LB.

Well he pretty much disproved all of that rambling nonsense tonight

What a load of rubbish

Actual BR comments:

"Really disappointed with result but proud of team. Everything thrown at us with injuries and the ref was awful and the worst I've seen for a while.

"Overall, ref was very very poor. Just in general not giving us decisions and some key mistakes.
Did you make this up or did he actually tell the truth about the ref? Because I think that’s how you get fined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566