Local Football/Non-League Thread 2011-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawsley

The Diamonds have withdrawn their appeal in light of no funds from Japan or Glen Hoddle's soccer school coming through. They're ****ed.

The Poppies have an agreement in principle to play all bar 5-odd games at Irthlingborough.

A very sad day all-round in this part of Northamptonshire.

Re: Local Football/Non-League Thread 2010-11

Kettering Town have finalised a "heads of agreement" with the landlord of Nene Park to use the ground next season.
They should be told to take a running jump on the idea of playing at two grounds. If hypothetically one has a great surface and the other doesn't, they could arrange to play the best passing teams on the poorer pitch.

Kettering Town have finalised a "heads of agreement" with the landlord of Nene Park to use the ground next season.
They should be told to take a running jump on the idea of playing at two grounds. If hypothetically one has a great surface and the other doesn't, they could arrange to play the best passing teams on the poorer pitch.

Spammers are getting more devious.

I noticed ridzy had registered from Pakistan. I don't think we've ever had a genuine member who has registered from there, they're always spammers(as are everyone who has ever registered from India, Russia, Ukraine, Brazil etc).
He put a link to a website in his sig (now removed), which is another sign of a spammer. But his post looks like he at least knows a bit about the subject.
But that's because he nicked it from another site. He's taken elements from the first and second posts from here: http://www.the-exiles.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21087&p=181744
I checked his email address and it's on a spammer blacklist here: http://www.stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/119.155.38.122

He's probably signing up for hundreds of sites so he can post the same thing on all of them. ****.

Rushden & Diamonds have now entered into administration and, according to the administrator, are no longer "in a position to continue trading".

The Evostik Southern Premier are awaiting assurances from Rushden & Diamonds that they are in a position to apply for entry next season. "Rushden & Diamonds have until the close of Wednesday 6 July to meet this league's conditions for entry for season 2011/12.

Last edited:

Friar Lane & Epworth have dropped out of the Midlands Football Alliance because of lack of players. They will play in the Leicestershire Senior League Division 1 this year with mostly the reserve squad from last year.

They spent five years in the MFA, and it is too bad things have happened this way.

I’m not sure where to start……

Imagine waking up one day and not having a football club to support. No matches or transfers rumours or gossip about, nowhere to meet your football friends, just gone instantly – kaput! Well that’s what happened to us.

I’m sure that the true football fans reading this will realise that it is simply not possible to change clubs to fill the void that is left. Yes you could go to another team, you could even go with the same people but it just wouldn’t feel right. So we took the only option available to us – to form our own club.

It’s a lot of work and for this year it’s going to be exclusively a youth side – but look out for AFC Rushden and Diamonds coming to a football stadium near you soon – we’ll be back where we belong before you know it!

Design17_4.jpg

AFC Rushden & Diamonds

Last edited:

Never understood why the fans didn't form their own versions of the original Rushden Town and Irthlingborough Diamonds clubs seperately. This seems to me to be a ressurection of a plastic club.

Never understood why the fans didn't form their own versions of the original Rushden Town and Irthlingborough Diamonds clubs seperately. This seems to me to be a ressurection of a plastic club.

Yes, why on earth didn't they choose which half of the club they supported most over the last 15 years?

Yes, why on earth didn't they choose which half of the club they supported most over the last 15 years?

Not exactly what I said, but do carry on. The original two clubs, with 150 years of history between them, were killed off by this merger. I don't understand why there weren't fan-led clubs taking their place at the time - just as justifiable as Wimbledon and a whole lot more than FCUM. As for the original R&D, you'll have to excuse me for not shedding a tear.

Not exactly what I said, but do carry on. The original two clubs, with 150 years of history between them, were killed off by this merger. I don't understand why there weren't fan-led clubs taking their place

You do have an understanding of the level the two teams were playing at and the reasons they merged? It doesn't appear as though you do even though you seem to hold a strident opinion on the matter.

Of course, I appreciate that it would have been a piece of piss to set up a competing side in the village where the Diamonds used to pull in 100 people on matchdays. Without a ground. I'm equally dumbfounded why no one did it then.

You do have an understanding of the level the two teams were playing at and the reasons they merged? It doesn't appear as though you do even though you seem to hold a strident opinion on the matter.

Of course, I appreciate that it would have been a piece of piss to set up a competing side in the village where the Diamonds used to pull in 100 people on matchdays. Without a ground. I'm equally dumbfounded why no one did it then.

You do realise that if City and Forest merged they'd be able to compete against bigger clubs regularly in the premiership and europe. That wouldn't be worth it to me as a city fan, and probably not to many fans of either club. So why should it be for fans of lowly Rushden and Irthlingborough?

You do realise that if City and Forest merged they'd be able to compete against bigger clubs regularly in the premiership and europe. That wouldn't be worth it to me as a city fan, and probably not to many fans of either club. So why should it be for fans of lowly Rushden and Irthlingborough?

why would we?

Well that clarifies the answer to my question about your understanding of the events which resulted in the formation of R&D.

why would we?

jb5000 said:

Well that clarifies the answer to my question about your understanding of the events which resulted in the formation of R&D.

My understanding has always been that Max Griggs merged the two in order to have a plaything that he could ride up the league ladder. You seem to know better so do enlighten...

Tiny clubs. The same happened to Hinckley, the fans had no problem with the merger. Two teams fighting for the same set of fans was financial suicide.

Tiny clubs. The same happened to Hinckley, the fans had no problem with the merger. Two teams fighting for the same set of fans was financial suicide.

Easy to say when they're not your clubs. The clubs may be smaller, but does that mean the fans' love for them should be in some way smaller too? After all, we're 'tiny' compared to Man Utd, Real Madrid etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669