Logan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fryatt's lack of any movement whatsoever worried me on Saturday - especially compared to both Keogh and Bothroyd who completely out-classed him in this area.

i agree but tbf keogh and bothroyd outclassed every single one of our lot

He was awful against Wolves in fairness.

I agree, he was awful but I also remember him having little support from the back line, as well as saving a one on one from Kightly near the end which was a good save.

It wasn't long ago people on here were calling for him to be called up for the Ireland squad :102:

Im with you on this one Dunc

I actually thought their best was Kightly, he really was superb.

I'll second that. Thought he should have been booked when he wound up the home fans at the corner flag after he scored. I thought that sort of thing was an automatic yellow.

So Dunc you are saying although Logan has made a few mistakes and cost us some points ,he is young and therefore we should get behind him and one day he may blossom into a top class keeper.Well we might not have the luxury of waiting for this day.If he is to improve he needs to work on the following.

1. Handling
2. Kicking
3. Presence in his box
4. Communication with his defence.

If he was to improve with on the above i would be a lot happier with him in goal but then the above 4 attributes are also sadly lacking with the other two useless twats he have on the books as well.
I would like an accomplished keeper here and maybe logan/hendo could learn from him.

I'll second that. Thought he should have been booked when he wound up the home fans at the corner flag after he scored. I thought that sort of thing was an automatic yellow.

Bloody good point that...

I actually don't think he is great, IMO he's no worse than henderson but he is young and will improve, he's only played 20 games or so for us and he's only 20yrs old.

I remember reading something along the lines of that if you say things are shit for long enough, you can bet your bottom dollar if they aren't then it won't be long before they are.

I don't think one player has avoided the fans calling them shit for quite some time, some of that is right certain players are, but alot of the time we are talking about young players who are likely to improve given some encouragement.

I think it's a sign of the times that we are all prone to rubbish everyone now - including youg players like Logan who need encouragement to improve.

Unfortunately, MM continued with Kelly for an awful long time and that spoiled the positive atmosphere created by the takeover.

Then - he brought it Worthington, which was quite sensible. But enthused very few. Finally, the display against the Wolves demonstrated how poor and how unmotivated are the players even on an occasion which needed a decent show to raise hopes and sales for next season- so people are kicking out now at everyone.

I think that if and it's a very big if MM appoints a decent manager then attitudes of the fans will dramatically improve. But for the moment all this nastiness reflects the very low mood around the Walkers.

Midfield was far to lightweight knocked off the ball to easily and that has been the case when we have played all the sides near the top this season whatever combination we have used

I think it's a sign of the times that we are all prone to rubbish everyone now - including youg players like Logan who need encouragement to improve.

Unfortunately, MM continued with Kelly for an awful long time and that spoiled the positive atmosphere created by the takeover.

Then - he brought it Worthington, which was quite sensible. But enthused very few. Finally, the display against the Wolves demonstrated how poor and how unmotivated are the players even on an occasion which needed a decent show to raise hopes and sales for next season- so people are kicking out now at everyone.

I think that if and it's a very big if MM appoints a decent manager then attitudes of the fans will dramatically improve. But for the moment all this nastiness reflects the very low mood around the Walkers.

I think a proportion of our players are playing well below their potential at this point (by at the moment i mean this season past)!.

If we get a good manager (more importantly a good motivator) then we can expect those same players to play above their potential, this coupled with a 'few' good signings would see us in good stead for next season.

IMO the manager needs charisma (MO style, sorry to mention him again) and fire in his belly. If we don't get this in our manager then those same players will continue to perform below par unless we sign some exceptional players who act as mentors (Robbie Fowler for instance).

What do you think?

So Dunc you are saying although Logan has made a few mistakes and cost us some points ,he is young and therefore we should get behind him and one day he may blossom into a top class keeper.Well we might not have the luxury of waiting for this day.If he is to improve he needs to work on the following.

1. Handling
2. Kicking
3. Presence in his box
4. Communication with his defence.

If he was to improve with on the above i would be a lot happier with him in goal but then the above 4 attributes are also sadly lacking with the other two useless twats he have on the books as well.
I would like an accomplished keeper here and maybe logan/hendo could learn from him.

I never said he should be No.1 next season but he may as well be at the moment (albeit the season's finished now thank god).

But this is how it is with young players, we apparently all want them in the team but then aren't willing to give them time to develop and improve.

We aren't going to get 17-20yr olds at Leicester who are going to be good enough straight away, certainly not in a poor side, and then if we start moaning and calling them shit, then will never have a chance to progress.

As it stands with the current squad, all we have is the chance that some of the young players will develop into players good enough at this level. With MM's money the next hope is that he brings in players who can aid this development with players of the quality of Todorov, Stefanovic etc.

But its fair to say we aren't going to have 11 new players in August so some of the ones who are deemed shit, crap, useless, wankers etc might be better served with some encouragement and patience if we want to improve quickly.

I do take your point but we could we afford to lose games whilst we are being patient? Also i feel any keeper at any age should have the basics of kicking etc :102:

I do take your point but we could we afford to lose games whilst we are being patient? Also i feel any keeper at any age should have the basics of kicking etc :102:

I must admit, when I've seen him I thought his kicking was pretty good, much better than Hendo's.

I must admit, when I've seen him I thought his kicking was pretty good, much better than Hendo's.

He can kick further than most, it just isnt aimed at anyone generally other than the opposition keeper

I'll take your word for it. Having said that whats he got to aim at? a couple of midgets and a lazy on loan winger.

one particular game the ball seemed magnetically atracted to little levi and invariably went out of play. :102:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670