Lovell not coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scodger Cubs said:
I was looking forward to Lovell coming, but who else is out there? :icon_sad:

Kris Boyd, Burton O'Brien and Smelly Bernie are 3 names that spring to mind.

Sorry if i'm a bit slow on the uptake as i've just got home-but is anyone else baffled by Lovell's decision?! The guy must have no ambition whatsoever, and to not move for personal reasons shows that he would rather be at a dead end 2nd division club, than join a club with much better prospects, in a much better league. And to make it worse, Reading seem set to sign Leroy Lita, who having seen in an under-21 game is a potentially excellent striker

The Stearmanator said:
Sorry if i'm a bit slow on the uptake as i've just got home-but is anyone else baffled by Lovell's decision?! The guy must have no ambition whatsoever, and to not move for personal reasons shows that he would rather be at a dead end 2nd division club, than join a club with much better prospects, in a much better league.

Depends what his priorities are. I wouldn't blame anyone for putting the happiness of their wife and family ahead of their professional life. Football is just a job, if he's happy where he is why should he move?

True, but surely you become a professional footballer because
a) You want to be able to play at the highest level possible
or B) You want to make enough money to be able to sit back on and live comfortably for the rest of your life
Surely then a move to Leicester would be better for both of these, and give him a better career, and his wife and kids more money

The Stearmanator said:
True, but surely you become a professional footballer because
a) You want to be able to play at the highest level possible
or B) You want to make enough money to be able to sit back on and live comfortably for the rest of your life
Surely then a move to Leicester would be better for both of these, and give him a better career, and his wife and kids more money

Not always several times players have moved South of the Border only to return a few months later as their partners and wives couldn't settle. Don't underestimate the family value, the last thing you want is your immediate loved ones being upset all day everyday. No amount of money is worth that.

Here's a theory for you, his missus is pregnant and they do not want to move at this moment in time. It says in reports that it is a family matter that can not be discussed. At 24 I was starting a family.

From OS:
City manager Craig Levein said: "After discussing the issue with his family back in Scotland, Steve felt that it wasn't the right move for him at this moment in time."

Deal might still be on at a later date? or I am reading too much into it. :102:

Either way, not that bothered CL will find somebody else.

Or he's just a big jessie.

Now in talks with Aberdeen.

It appears he wants to stay in Scotland (even though he is English) - maybe his wife is from Dundee (it is less than an hour south of Aberdeen)

highland fox said:
The same thing cannot be said of the MK Fox household.
It's the gingham frock for me every time...

I wouldn't move my family for a short contract, what were we offering, anyone know?

MKFox said:

I wouldn't move my family for a short contract, what were we offering, anyone know?

Don't think we'd pay a fee for someone just for a year or two, and CL has said
he wants to sign players on long contracts.

It is disappointing and fustrating that Lovell has turned us down, but if he is not convinced enough nor ambitious enough to sign for us then to be honest we may well have had a lucky escape. If he had nagging doubts or had to leave his family and still signed we may well have been looking at a homesick flop in 6 months time desperate for a move back north of the border, just like Stevie Crawford at Plymouth. This way CL can look again and identify a striker who is desperate to sign for our club just like Gerrbrand.

This was an excellent opportunity for Lovell, and his decision maybe underlines his character, perhaps he lacks the belief and ambition to have another crack at English football. But whatever the reason for him not signing, we should be thankful we havent signed another player who doesnt give a toss about the club or really wants to be here, we signed enough of those last summer !

I agree PF he obviously cant see the ambition we have.

If his Mrs thinks she would rather stay up there then come here then I reckon she must be having an affair with some good looking skirt wearing jock. coz she sure as hell aint staying for the football season weather and the glamourous lifestyle.

Seems he wants to stay in Scotland.

Dons Agree Fee For Lovell

Former Dundee player could be a Don in 24 hours.

Further to Monday's story on Aberdeen-MAD, news has come out today that Aberdeen have agreed a fee of around £200,000 for Dundee striker Steve Lovell and hope to complete the signing within the next 24 hours.

The Dons contacted relegated Dundee after the 24-year-old rejected a transfer to Leicester City.

Dons manager Jimmy Calderwood told the Evening Express: "The clubs have agreed on everything, so it is up to Steve now. I have spoken to him and he seems pretty positive about the idea."

"I'm delighted because he is a player we have been tracking for well over a year now. But he has been told I want an answer, one way or the other, by tomorrow.

MKFox said:

Don't be ridicoulus MK..with your complexion you could never wear Gingham,you could get away with a 'dusky peach' number though.Durham said you looked stunning in that Crimpolene two piece you wore after the Five A Side Tournemant.

highland fox said:
Don't be ridicoulus MK..with your complexion you could never wear Gingham,you could get away with a 'dusky peach' number though.Durham said you looked stunning in that Crimpolene two piece you wore after the Five A Side Tournemant.

I think you'll find I said Shocking!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00