Luis Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more and more clear you haven't read it. Suarez was facing an FA charge, not a criminal charge. The section of the report on the burden and standard of proof makes this clear. Which is also, of course, the reason it wouldn't go near the courts. Read the report, please, just so you don't keep making such a tit of yourself.

Why? because I believe an FA charge with such high profile should at least resemble the model of our own justice system? If it were any other incident that was off the ball and away from the cameras the FA wouldn't have acted.

I've also been a juror on a 3 week court case and therefore have an idea what is deemed as proof and what isn't by the justice system.
I bought a litre of milk yesterday, so I feel sure that I'm fully versed in dairy cattle husbandry. Not to mention slurry.

I bought a litre of milk yesterday, so I feel sure that I'm fully versed in dairy cattle husbandry. Not to mention slurry.

As a juror you are given some insight by the judge about what constitutes proof in a court case. Not sure the shop assistant did the same for you and your milk

gregs_y2k said:
Why? because I believe an FA charge with such high profile should at least resemble the model of our own justice system? If it were any other incident that was off the ball and away from the cameras the FA wouldn't have acted.

When did we do away with civil law in our 'justice system'? And read the bloody report - it explains why the FA acted.

As a juror you are given some insight by the judge about what constitutes proof in a court case. Not sure the shop assistant did the same for you and your milk

He was actually very knowledgeable and informative, especially concerning teat washing and dealing with slurry

I was a juror on a two week case and a key witness in another, thus I trump you and still think you are talking out of your arse.

I was a juror on a two week case and a key witness in another, thus I trump you and still think you are talking out of your arse.

Well my Mammy has watched every episode of Rumpole Of The Bailey, so **** you all, she wins

When did we do away with civil law in our 'justice system'? And read the bloody report - it explains why the FA acted.

Despite the information they gathered from interviews, and the limited verification they got from the touchline footage which verified neither party's story, you cannot judge a case on the probability of someone's testimony being true. There is by far and away enough conjecture in this charge for it not to merit a 'conviction'. The FA acted the way it did to ensure that the Premier League retains it's high status as a marketable export.

It's my opinion, not expecting everyone to subscribe to it.

Despite the information they gathered from interviews, and the limited verification they got from the touchline footage which verified neither party's story, you cannot judge a case on the probability of someone's testimony being true. There is by far and away enough conjecture in this charge for it not to merit a 'conviction'. The FA acted the way it did to ensure that the Premier League retains it's high status as a marketable export.

It's my opinion, not expecting everyone to subscribe to it.

Suarez admitted calling Evra a negro.
As the language experts stated in the report, the word 'negro' could be considered inoffensive, but they also said it could be considered offensive.
Whatever the intentions are, the facts appear to be fairly straight forward in that he used racist language.

I was on the jury of a racist case, I study linguistics, racism and did a degree on Uruguayan racial slurs. I also have several black, Uruguayan and French friends.

None of this is true of course, I just mention it "in passing" to back up my argument. Not that it would even make any difference to my own argument if those things were true.

Last edited:
I was on the jury of a racist case, I study linguistics, racism and did a degree on Uruguayan racial slurs. I also have several black, Uruguayan and French friends.

None of this is true of course, I just mention it "in passing" to back up my argument. Not that it would even make any difference to my own argument if those things were true.

hmmmm, apparently you also know a lot about dealing with slurry as well. What do you know about cleaning teats?

Who seriously gives a shit? I don't, I don't know either of them, I wouldn't wish it know either of them. They are both just overpaid, spoilt brats with huge egos, an over inflated sense of self importance and who need to grow up.

Two examples of why I am becoming disillusioned with modern football.

Quite.

Who seriously gives a shit? I don't, I don't know either of them, I wouldn't wish it know either of them. They are both just overpaid, spoilt brats with huge egos, an over inflated sense of self importance and who need to grow up.

Two examples of why I am becoming disillusioned with modern football.

Perhaps the fact that so many of us are becoming disillusioned with modern football is the very reason why we should all seriously give a shit.

Or alternatively perhaps it's because we do give a shit that we are becoming so disillusioned.

Perhaps the fact that so many of us are becoming disillusioned with modern football is the very reason why we should all seriously give a shit.

Or alternatively perhaps it's because we do give a shit that we are becoming so disillusioned.

:038:

Not to mention the dregs of the media* doing all they can to keep the whole thing on the boil.

* "dregs" in this case being the majority

I can see a farm from my bedroom window and my wife watched every episode of Morse. Plus, I keep chickens and know someone who posted about a Muslim lady on Facebook. I have been on an 18-30s holiday to France and know what coño means in difference Latin countries.

I feel there is no greater authority in these matters than me: Plugging him into a sofa is too good for him, what the **** is a Dalgish and we should draw a line under this or it will drag on for Evra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669