LUTON match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
im afraid not no. i was wearing a cream long jacket/coat with a blue hat. was a good laugh though.

Jeff said:
I was one of several people standing in the pie queue as the match kicked off just so i could stand at the back to watch the match. Had to move when a steward threatened us with ejection. Corner to them.
I wa one of several people genuinely queuing up for a pie (for Mr H, of course). :icon_redf

What a fine showing it was from the Leicester fans. I was one of them who got in earlier because they was feck all to do in Luton.

It suprised me how many old dears and women were there.

Hazzman said:
It suprised me how many old dears and women were there.
Did you bump into Webbo & Boc then?

MKFox said:
Did you bump into Webbo & Boc then?

Yes, I think Boc commented on my Chicken Balti pie smelling, and dont old dears complain, 'oh, that pole's in the way'. There is about 4, dear. Your dont going to miss one.

Used Boc's way off getting out of Luton though on the way back, saved time.

Hazzman said:
Yes, I think Boc commented on my Chicken Balti pie smelling, and dont old dears complain, 'oh, that pole's in the way'. There is about 4, dear. Your dont going to miss one.

Used Boc's way off getting out of Luton though on the way back, saved time.

We parked dead near to the ground, literally 100 yards away. But the OB made us walk a long way round to get to the car after the game, took us about 3 minutes to walk from car to ground and fecking 45 mins from ground to car afterwards.:mad: :mad: :mad:
Then to cap it off, I think we got caught in traffic going to the mosque for prayer time..:mad: :mad:

It has got to be the worst ground I have been to in ages. It makes Bury's Gigg Lane look like Wembley

Boy Genius said:
We parked dead near to the ground, literally 100 yards away. But the OB made us walk a long way round to get to the car after the game, took us about 3 minutes to walk from car to ground and fecking 45 mins from ground to car afterwards.:mad: :mad: :mad:
Then to cap it off, I think we got caught in traffic going to the mosque for prayer time..:mad: :mad:

It has got to be the worst ground I have been to in ages. It makes Bury's Gigg Lane look like Wembley

We parked on Sainsbury and within 5 minutes seen more Arsenal shirts than Luton shirts. Kenilworth Road is quaint despite its general shit-holeness at least there's still grounds like that about. Looking to people's bedrooms, the nearest ground I can compare our away stand to was Nuneaton Borough's terrace.

Hazzman said:
We parked on Sainsbury and within 5 minutes seen more Arsenal shirts than Luton shirts. Kenilworth Road is quaint despite its general shit-holeness at least there's still grounds like that about. Looking to people's bedrooms, the nearest ground I can compare our away stand to was Nuneaton Borough's terrace.

Didnt Bin Laden support Arsenal......

Hazzman said:
Maybe, just maybe. Bin Laden is hiding in a Kenilworth Rd V.I.P. box.

along with bignose no doubt? we ended up getting a taxi to the ground and then a taxi back 2 minutes later to take us to the town again as there was no pubs.....shit town!

lako42 said:
im afraid not no. i was wearing a cream long jacket/coat with a blue hat. was a good laugh though.

thank god for that!
It was a good laugh though I stayed at the edges. The other half had never experienced being herded by the police before (they were really nice and friendly which suprised me).

lako42 said:

c4_1_b.JPG

d4_1_b.JPG

Cream coat and blue hat? You were doing some brisk business in Bury Park after the game....

highland fox said:
I don't quite get all this bitterness towards Mike Newell:icon_conf

It was a joke H, I understand that Newell did what he felt was right for himself, however I felt that his comments regarding the fact that he attended 2 interviews purely out of politeness and that he had no inclination to take the job had it been offered was disrespectful.

I also do not like our club being used so openly by a manager, who preaches fair play, to secure a better deal for himself, what a coincidence that Newell's talks with the Luton board have as yet failed to deliver what he wants, so in the week before our clash, it is in the paper's that Newell will be the Leicester manager at the end of the season, and the following day he is threatning to quit if Luton dont meet his demands and ambition, seems Mr Newell's morals seem to appear and disappear dependent on the story and his own personal circumstances.

Last edited:
Jeff said:
10 yellows for a ban now.

... and the 10 yellows for a ban finishes in the middle of April. There are now not enough games left for Hume to have to serve a ban for yellow cards.

Jeff said:
Not sure how much O'Grady knew about his, it just seemed to deflect in off him.

That's really unfair on O'Grady. I was sitting right behind the goal. It seemed to be a mis-hit shot from Welsh (which would have been cleared); O'Grady very definitely and deliberatley swept the ball over the line. Beaumont was sitting a few rows in front of me and I am sure that she will agree.

MKFox said:
Awful game.

If you didn't enjoy the battle between two totally contrasting styles, there's no hope for you. It was a fantastic match to see and to be part of - and I am sure that the City crowd were a great part of the game.

And the result was pretty good as well!

Last edited:
webmaster said:
Did they?

I'd have thought a draw would have been a fair result - in terms of shots, corners etc the stats were about equal. They had a bit more possession, but you'd expect that from the home team.

I agree. For the first quarter of the game, we were the better team. For the next two quarters, Luton seemed to realise how to beat us. And then in the last quarter, we realised what we had been doing wrong.

Quite an even game. I'm happy to accept the three points.

bocadillo said:
If you didn't enjoy the battle between two totally contrasting styles, there's no hope for you. It was a fantastic match to see and to be part of - and I am sure that the City crowd were a great part of the game.
:018:
It was a dreadful match. We take out their playmaker in the first 10 minutes. That was the key behind our victory. If you thought that was a fantastic match then you are fecking weird.
And how the feck can you see the contrasting styles from behind the goal? You can work out feck all from there.....

Boy Genius said:

The road was only blocked for a few minutes. They let us through about 15 seconds after I got to the police-line with a cheery "thanks for your patience, folks" and I was in my car within another 2 minutes after that.

I didn't use my suggested way of getting out because I was heading south, but I managed to keep on the tail of a zippy little Peugot that knew all the back-doubles and I was down at J10 in no time at all.

MKFox said:
c4_1_b.JPG

d4_1_b.JPG

Cream coat and blue hat? You were doing some brisk business in Bury Park after the game....

i told my dad not to sell my match day atire on ebay. not happy. i enjoyed the melton road melton road melton road chants, and the german bomber song was good but bloody knackering. i was surprised at the police, they were very polite, there were about 5 leicester police down there aswell.

how crap were the home fans, no passion what so ever. apart from big nose of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58