M M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utter tosh.

Holloway (who is not without fault, far from it) has been brought in to undo the mess that MM has created since he has been at the helm.

How many of the 14/15 players that MM and MA brought in over the summer playing?

We'll never know how those players would have performed under MA, so it's not fair to say whether or not they were good or bad purchases.

How had we progressed in any way before IH turned up?

GM had stabalised the defence and made us hard to beat, I accept we still weren't scoring enough, but we weren't losing so many.

I think you will find that MM has to take almost sole responsibility for the mess we find ourselves in today.

Only by the managers he has brought in

But then we cant say anything bad against Mr Money bags can we.

I'm a lot happier having MM at the helm than facing the possibilty of administration again.

I admit, I don't know what goes on behind closed doors at the club, but I doubt that MM is picking the team. I also tend to think that the players that have recently gone is through the advice of Holloway because those players don't fit into his plans.

Utter tosh.

Holloway (who is not without fault, far from it) has been brought in to undo the mess that MM has created since he has been at the helm.

How many of the 14/15 players that MM and MA brought in over the summer playing?

How had we progressed in any way before IH turned up?

I think you will find that MM has to take almost sole responsibility for the mess we find ourselves in today.

But then we cant say anything bad against Mr Money bags can we.

Oh **** off! This last 12 months is not the reason we are where we are. It's not improved but it's not got any worse, except in the fact that peoples expectations are now unrealistic. The position we are in is down to the 3 years mismanagement since before

Oh **** off! This last 12 months is not the reason we are where we are. It's not improved but it's not got any worse, except in the fact that peoples expectations are now unrealistic. The position we are in is down to the 3 years mismanagement since before

I know the club was a fecking mess pre MM, my point is that MM has to take responsibilty for what has happend since his takeover, and not IH.

Last edited:
my point is that MM has to take responsibilty for what has happend since his takeover, and not IH.

id agree with the first part and mm has to take some of the flack due to his decision making but holloway now has to stand up and be counted its his team now and he has brought in enough players to change things around but he/they havent done that

Is IH actually responsible for anything? Seems he can be in charge of our slide into relegation but is in no way to blame...how odd:icon_conf

Is IH actually responsible for anything? Seems he can be in charge of our slide into relegation but is in no way to blame...how odd:icon_conf

No way - it's the last three years of mismanagement :018:

You should know this by the way he quotes it in every single interview that he gives

No way - it's the last three years of mismanagement :018:

You should know this by the way he quotes it in every single interview that he gives

Yes it is the last 3 years but he has to take some responsibility that his now his team out there and they are a fecking shambles

Here is my two penneth for what it is worth.

Holloway is responsible for the performances on the pitch, for that there is no doubt, but IMO under no circumstances after such a short and busy time refreshing the squad should his position be under threat.

The truth is since MM has taken over no manager has been allowed sufficient time to rebuild this club and see the job through. This has created a patchwork quilt of players and coaches from different regimes who have been bought in under different managers with differing ideas on tactics and formations hence why it has been difficult to piece together a sustained and consistent pattern of play.

The fans tolerance levels no doubt fuelled by Mandaric's propaganda and impaitence for success are at an all time low which is understandable given the shite that has been served up over the past 3 or 4 seasons, but this has lead to fans not allowing the managers any amount of time to turn things around before voicing concerns towards the incumbants suitability and ability to deliver success.

The truth is the fans and players know with Milan at the helm 3 or 4 poor results / performances and the finger will be firmly pressed on the trigger and that IMO is not the formula for success. I hope Holloway is given the time to see us safe this season and then continue the rebuilding job in the summer, have a full pre season and drag this club kicking and screaming into a bright new future.

Holloway is responsible for the performances on the pitch, for that there is no doubt, but IMO under no circumstances after such a short and busy time refreshing the squad should his position be under threat.

The truth is since MM has taken over no manager has been allowed sufficient time to rebuild this club and see the job through. This has created a patchwork quilt of players and coaches from different regimes who have been bought in under different managers with differing ideas on tactics and formations hence why it has been difficult to piece together a sustained and consistent pattern of play.

The fans tolerance levels no doubt fuelled by Mandaric's propaganda and impaitence for success are at an all time low which is understandable given the shite that has been served up over the past 3 or 4 seasons, but this has lead to fans not allowing the managers any amount of time to turn things around before voicing concerns towards the incumbants suitability and ability to deliver success.

The truth is the fans and players know with Milan at the helm 3 or 4 poor results / performances and the finger will be firmly pressed on the trigger and that IMO is not the formula for success. I hope Holloway is given the time to see us safe this season and then continue the rebuilding job in the summer, have a full pre season and drag this club kicking and screaming into a bright new future.

So why are we still getting such good attendances.I think people tend to rant and rave and say 'I'm not going again' but come next home game they are there.I don't blame them one bit but my guess is the Powers that Be know we rant and rave but still turn up each home game regardless

Exactly my opinion. IH should not be above critism and should be accepting more responsibility for what is happening on the pitch. However his tenure should not be under threat as even though he has a few of his choice of players he still hasn't had a good chance to start building his team. It is also important to realise he won't just buy a team, he will have to build it, possibly from scratch judging by previous purchases from other managers.

We now need at least a season of stability before we can start looking towards promotion, and this has been hampered to a degree by MM, though he has only fired one manager (discounting Kelly as he wasn't MM's choice). It is very hard to be patient when we see the inconsistency from the players, but inconsistency in the coaching and managerial staff will not help this.

Holloway may not be the man to take us up, but to say for definate he isn't after such a short period is as daft as saying he definately is the man after the same period. He needs to be given enough time to effect himself on the team, their style of play, attitude and performances cannot be changed overnight, or in 18 or so games.

So why are we still getting such good attendances.I think people tend to rant and rave and say 'I'm not going again' but come next home game they are there.I don't blame them one bit but my guess is the Powers that Be know we rant and rave but still turn up each home game regardless

They've been saying that for three years, H, along with the 'feck 'em I'm not getting a season ticket' brigade. It's all talk, in the main

Fact is the attendances will only drop if we get relegated - which we may be about to discover

The truth is the fans and players know with Milan at the helm 3 or 4 poor results / performances and the finger will be firmly pressed on the trigger and that IMO is not the formula for success. I hope Holloway is given the time to see us safe this season and then continue the rebuilding job in the summer, have a full pre season and drag this club kicking and screaming into a bright new future.[/QUOTE]

The problem with this comment is, can he keep us up this season?

Fact is the attendances will only drop if we get relegated - which we may be about to discover

or maybe not by much as some will think we will have more chance of winning games if we were to be relegated and thats why fans go in the hope that city win

They've been saying that for three years, H, along with the 'feck 'em I'm not getting a season ticket' brigade. It's all talk, in the main

Fact is the attendances will only drop if we get relegated
- which we may be about to discover

And then and only then will arses be kicked,when it starts effecting people's pockets then you will suddenly see a difference IMo

The truth is the fans and players know with Milan at the helm 3 or 4 poor results / performances and the finger will be firmly pressed on the trigger and that IMO is not the formula for success. I hope Holloway is given the time to see us safe this season and then continue the rebuilding job in the summer, have a full pre season and drag this club kicking and screaming into a bright new future.[/QUOTE]

The problem with this comment is, can he keep us up this season?

IMO he is experienced enough at this level and the squad has enough quality to scrape enough points together to survive. I didn't get over excited that a new dawn was starting after the result against Norwich but neither am I getting hysterical because we have just been beaten by Cov.

We now need at least a season of stability before we can start looking towards promotion, and this has been hampered to a degree by MM, though he has only fired one manager (discounting Kelly as he wasn't MM's choice). It is very hard to be patient when we see the inconsistency from the players, but inconsistency in the coaching and managerial staff will not help this.

Would you be happy if this season of stabillity is in league 1, and looking forward to promotion , is to the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669