Mackay and Fuccillo sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
... and I'm just hearing now that they were, in fact, guinea pigs (Cavia porcellus), so sorry for the bad info everyone.

But the kagool was spot on. It was that bright blue colour reserved only for kagools, and website links.

I hope it didn't have a tear in it

I think it is much more likely that these guys were dismissed due to the quality of their recommendations rather than MA insisting he wanted to do it his way.

In truth I have often seen people found out within the first month of an appointment if they are truly out of their depth.

Credit MM for having the courage to admit a mistake and having the balls to rectify it very, very quickly. Will be interesting to see whether the likes of Hellings and Neilson don't quickly disappear back to where they came with home sickness used as the excuse.

Last edited:
I think it is much more likely that these guys were dismissed due to the quality of their recommendations rather than MA insisting he wanted to do it his way.

In truth I have often seen people found out within the first month of an appointment if they are truly out of their depth.

Credit MM for having the courage to admit a mistake and having the balls to rectify it very, very quickly. Will be interesting to see whether the likes of Hellings and Neilson don't quickly disappear back to where they came with home sickness used as the excuse.

Personally i find it hard to believe that Mackay would be out of his depth here, given his record of employment. While its possible he has recommended a couple of dudds, i would think his credentials speak for themself. I would be shocked if MM has sacked such an experienced and well qualified person on that basis after only a month or so.

Perhaps Mackay protested against MMs targets?
Perhaps there were back handers for recommending players?
Perhaps Mackay and Fuccillo had a personnal issue between them and were behaving unprofessional?

All would seem more reasonable explainations to me.

A scout would not get dismissed for two bad signings. It just wouldn't happen. That's like sacking a manager after his first two pre-season games.

The timing, coupled with the timing of the police raids and MM's involvement at Portsmouth at the time in question seems more than coincidental to me.

As they say, it will all come out in the wash

mm just talking to rl.he says mackay and fucc didnt fit in, they are not bad people but i had to make a correction.:102:

mm just talking to rl.he says mackay and fucc didnt fit in, they are not bad people but i had to make a correction.:102:

I think MM said alot of changes had been made quickly and sometimes mistakes are made - he was correcting one of his mistakes!

The Jobs that MacKay has had testify to his knowledge and abilty to pick a player IMO. while he will inevitably pick the odd duff player, i doubt that he would be sacked so soon on that basis.

Something more serious has happened. The club didn't thank them for their services in the official statement, which i would have expected if it was legitimate redundancies.

The signing of DJ has certainly been used to swiftly shunt this story out of the way, my latest email from the club doesn't mention it at all. I also noticed that Fuccillo and Mackay were not thanked for their efforts in the statement - isn't this a fairly standard form of wording regarding people who move on or are relieved of their posts for any reason other than actual misconduct?

So what did the bit that read, "We would like to thank Don and Lil for their work ", mean then?

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1075732,00.html

the statement says work. not efforts or services, makes a big difference ;)

Indeed - when reading references or testemonials

Work - they did their job
Effort - tried hard but....
Services - here for a long time

:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00