Magic Magyars ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxfox

I see that the neither Hungarian managed to even claim a place on the bench yesterday - does this mean that ih has seen enough I wonder and has decided that they will be surplus to requirements at the end of the season - after the euphoria that followed their debuts I was excited at the prospect of seeing a few more coming in from Hungary - I was however bitterly disappointed with Zsolti's first half performance against Blackpool and was not surprised when he was substituted at half time - I have to say that Bori wasn't much better when he came on - It will be interesting to see how long they last at City

I see that the neither Hungarian managed to even claim a place on the bench yesterday - does this mean that ih has seen enough I wonder and has decided that they will be surplus to requirements at the end of the season - after the euphoria that followed their debuts I was excited at the prospect of seeing a few more coming in from Hungary - I was however bitterly disappointed with Zsolti's first half performance against Blackpool and was not surprised when he was substituted at half time - I have to say that Bori wasn't much better when he came on - It will be interesting to see how long they last at City

They are only on loan remember. I would think they will be told we don't want them at the end of their loan periods (the end of the season) and sent back to their clubs personally.

It's a shame they haven't been able to live up to their first match against Coventry but it's clear to see that they haven't been good enough for this level. If they had been good then we would have kept them but I can see them going back to their respective clubs at the end of the season when their loans are up.

And if Hendrie impresses on a consistant basis - he'll be the left winger that we sign.

Last edited:
I just hope that it's not that 'Leicester make good players crap' thing.
Here's hoping that Hendrie can keep imressing.

Maybe it shows Holloway and his backroom staff aren't as good at picking players as they are said to be.

Maybe it shows Holloway and his backroom staff aren't as good at picking players as they are said to be.

Or perhaps it shows that Ian Holloway was absolutely correct when he publicly stated that they were only loaned in as potential back up.

Or perhaps it shows that Ian Holloway was absolutely correct when he publicly stated that they were only loaned in as potential back up.

Then surely he should have made more effort to bring in better players than them. Besides the lad from Chelsea, I didn't hear of him going for any other wingers. Not even a rumour !

Then surely he should have made more effort to bring in better players than them. Besides the lad from Chelsea, I didn't hear of him going for any other wingers. Not even a rumour !

He did. He said on RL that there were several targets that wasn't able to sign.

As I can now actually see Holloway still being here in the summer, lets hope he's more productive with his signings.
As for the two Hungarians, I think they will obviously be returned to wear they came from.

As I can now actually see Holloway still being here in the summer, lets hope he's more productive with his signings.
As for the two Hungarians, I think they will obviously be returned to wear they came from.

Please get over your hatred of Holloway, it's becoming annoying.

I think it's safe to say that not every player in the world would be falling over themselves to come to a team right at the bottom of the championship.

Please get over your hatred of Holloway, it's becoming annoying.

I think it's safe to say that not every player in the world would be falling over themselves to come to a team right at the bottom of the championship.

I don't have a hatred of Holloway, I've never met him, I do find him annoying in some of the things he says, but I'm not alone there. I'm yet to see anything from him that inspires my faith in him. That's not a lot to ask, is it ?

You are right about being able to attract players though. Maybe if we had a higher profile manager we might be able to get those players :icon_bigg :002::002:

Lee Martin was a done deal (source for this could not be better :icon_wink) & then at the last minute he chose Sheff Utd instead

...think they'll have a part to play yet, but when the summer comes???... should be able to sign a couple of decent proven wingers?... as we will finish about 12th !!! COME ON YOU FOXES !!!

... but when the summer comes???... should be able to sign a couple of decent proven wingers?...

That would be a major triumph but sadly I doubt it. Such players seem very rare these days and would cost serious money. I'm not so sure that Milan is going to be up for that type of spending particularly after the traumas of this year. Hope I'm wrong because it would make a big difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides the lad from Chelsea, I didn't hear of him going for any other wingers. Not even a rumour !

Not all enquiries/offers are broadcast in the media you know, only very few are. We know for a fact that we tried and failed to sign Scott Sinclair, Lee Martin, Isiah Osbourne, Graham Kavanagh etc - there will be others.

Isn't Kris Commons OOC in the summer? I would still take him......(been saying it for years!)

They both seem to lack pace that will give them that extra space to whip the ball in,but that said what's there to whip in as midfild won't push up and Howard more times than not has a herd of defenders around him,Hume and DJ need to make darting runs into the box.

Ollie, I'm happy to see is looking outside these Shores as you get more bang for your buck.Croatia & Serbia is two Countries I would be looking at a lot closer.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566