Not open for further replies.

Steven

Nor me. ;) :icon_lol:

fcukcov

ah now go on then!

Steven

Yorkshire Vixen said:
id just stick it on here cate :icon_lol:

Not if it means Webbie ending up in court. He can do that without our help. ;)

Cate Fox

lazzer said:
just any pm would do :icon_lol:

can only post when the boss is not looking....sorry its taken me so long! You probably think it is a crap story now anyway

SilverFox

Cate Fox said:
no names mentioned so I would imagine no court cases involved!

It doesn't really matter that you don't know the name of the other person involved!!! You have made defamatory damaging claims about Micky Adams that could theoretically damage his career and/or reputation. (he might even be able to sue you for loss of future earnings as these comments might damage potential earning capacity in the future, i.e. clubs might not employ him based on dirty little rumours).

These comments can be classed as libelous because you have published your story (Libel is when the defamation is written down - including email, bulletin boards and websites). I wouldn't make these types of claims unless you can prove them lassie, otherwise Mr. Adams would be well within his rights to sue your ass off! Think how bad that would be! MA owning your ass:icon_eek:

If I were you I'd remove your comments, before you get yourself and webbo in trouble!

Alternatively a moderator might want to remove them! Just a thought ;)

Last edited:

SilverFox

Thats the most application of law thats come out of me all day!:icon_lol:

Thats enough of that methinks!

SilverFox

I don't know if I've said it before, but your avatar is magnificent Steven! :038:

Steven

SilverFox said:
Good job whoever removed the story. Probably for the best;)

Is there a limit on private circulation like so many copies ?

SilverFox

This website isn't private circulation, its public. But the answer to your question is no! To my knowledge there are no specified limits, though how widespread the story is can have a bearing on damages.

If it was plastered all over a massive newspaper (as gary Linekers comments were...which incidently I don't feel were especially libelous, but thats my opinion), then it would be more damaging than if the story ran on page 34 of the desborough chronicle! Damages will be assessed in this way. Equally if even a small but specific number of Key people read your article and it effects future earnings/means of employment of the plaintiff, this could also be classed as libel and seriously defamatory!!!

Interestingly you can defame nicknames but only when people don't know who they refer to, and libel does not extend to the dead. Nor is being abusive libelous. So I can call you a F****** C*** if I want to and that would be fine.

There are times when you can get away with it, (e.g. when it is fair comment), but I can't be arsed to go into it in detail. In a nutshell the facts on which the comment were made must be true (so check your facts!!!) and the comment must be fair and on a matter of public interest. Any honest expression of opinion, however exaggerated can be fair comment. Remarks inspired by spite and hatred are not fair comment.

Fook I've just realised how long I've rattled on for. That is pretty much libel law in a nutshell. Join me tomorrow when we'll be splitting an atom! :icon_lol:

Last edited:

Steven

SilverFox said:
This website isn't private circulation, its public. But the answer to your question is no! To my knowledge there are no specified limits, though how widespread the story is can have a bearing on damages.

If it was plastered all over a massive newspaper (as gary Linekers comments were...which incidently I don't feel were especially libelous, but thats my opinion), then it would be more damaging than if the story ran on page 34 of the desborough chronicle! Damages will be assessed in this way. Equally if even a small but specific number of Key people read your article and it effects future earnings/means of employment of the plaintiff, this could also be classed as libel and seriously defamatory!!!

Interestingly you can defame nicknames but only when people don't know who they refer to, and libel does not extend to the dead. Nor is being abusive libelous. So I can call you a F****** C*** if I want to and that would be fine.

There are times when you can get away with it, (e.g. when it is fair comment), but I can't be arsed to go into it in detail. In a nutshell the facts on which the comment were made must be true (so check your facts!!!) and the comment must be fair and on a matter of public interest. Any honest expression of opinion, however exaggerated can be fair comment. Remarks inspired by spite and hatred are not fair comment.

Fook I've just realised how long I've rattled on for. That is pretty much libel law in a nutshell. Join me tomorrow when we'll be splitting an atom! :icon_lol:

You said earlier
These comments can be classed as libelous because you have published your story

I asked about the limits because I wanted to know when an story becomes effectively published. If I circulate something to a small group of chums is that published ? :confused: :icon_eek: ;) :icon_lol:

Cate Fox

Apologies - will not post anything like that again!!! Thanks for the legal advice!!!

lazzer

Cate Fox said:
Apologies - will not post anything like that again!!! Thanks for the legal advice!!!

any more juicy gossip just pm it as opposed to posting it :icon_lol:

SilverFox

Steven said:
You said earlier .

I asked about the limits because I wanted to know when an story becomes effectively published. If I circulate something to a small group of chums is that published ? :confused: :icon_eek: ;) :icon_lol:

Grrrrrrr!:icon_lol: If you write it down and circulate the fecker for other people to see its published! I pretty sure thats it, but I'll have a check later!:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669