Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop comparing his performance last season with all the other players.

The other players haven't demanded a move to a bigger club off the back of it have they?

And he's not a kid FFS, he's a 26 year old man with his own children.

And now he's being a petulant little child himself.

Stop moaning, stop posting bollocks on social media and stop talking to the ****ing press about leaving this month.

As for us not scoring without him, how many did our little magician assist / score last season?

The other players haven't demanded a move to a bigger club off the back of it have they?

Stop moaning, stop posting bollocks on social media and stop talking to the ****ing press about leaving this month.

As for us not scoring without him, how many did our little magician assist / score last season?

:038::038::038:

1. If you can use his performances last season to condemn him, why can't others use entirely appropriate context to explain or rationalise it? And why didn't you say that he wasn't trying/performing in 2014/15 when he was less effective than last year?
2. He hasn't demanded to leave, he's asked to. Very different. Ulloa demanded to leave in January.
3. Please give me the evidence that he's moaning, posting bollocks etc? He's asked to leave, explained his entirely sensible and fair reasons for it in a statement to fans that showed respect and gratitude to City. His representatives may indeed be getting desperate but I've not seen anything from the man himself to suggest it.
4. Mahrez got 9 goals/assists last season in the league. This is one less than Gray, Okazaki and Drinkwater combined.

1. If you can use his performances last season to condemn him, why can't others use entirely appropriate context to explain or rationalise it? And why didn't you say that he wasn't trying/performing in 2014/15 when he was less effective than last year?
2. He hasn't demanded to leave, he's asked to. Very different. Ulloa demanded to leave in January.
3. Please give me the evidence that he's moaning, posting bollocks etc? He's asked to leave, explained his entirely sensible and fair reasons for it in a statement to fans that showed respect and gratitude to City. His representatives may indeed be getting desperate but I've not seen anything from the man himself to suggest it.
4. Mahrez got 9 goals/assists last season in the league. This is one less than Gray, Okazaki and Drinkwater combined.
he also played far more games than Gray yet still only got the same number of goals from open play as Gray did yet I see people constantly saying sell Gray he's crap

he also played far more games than Gray yet still only got the same number of goals from open play as Gray did yet I see people constantly saying sell Gray he's crap

Not seen a single person suggesting we sell Gray

People saw him play the other night and said he played crap, which he did. In fact he was worse than crap. That's different to saying he IS crap

Not seen a single person suggesting we sell Gray

People saw him play the other night and said he played crap, which he did. In fact he was worse than crap. That's different to saying he IS crap
then I suggest you look outside of this forum, its really easy to find people saying just that

Really? Do you believe that?
I do.
He could have kept quiet whilst pushing for a move behind the scenes. This while fans were speculating and worrying what their star player was going to do. He chose to put his cards on the table and tell everyone he wanted a new challenge. What's wrong with that?

I do.
He could have kept quiet whilst pushing for a move behind the scenes. This while fans were speculating and worrying what their star player was going to do. He chose to put his cards on the table and tell everyone he wanted a new challenge. What's wrong with that?

He publicly put the club into a weaker negotiating position from the very start.

He has no interest in the club getting a fair deal, he just wants out and will even go to an average serie A team to do just that.

He's made it public for his own gain, not out of some frankly absurd belief from supporters that he wants to keep them informed.

Do people genuinely think he's not attempting little digs, upsetting the applecart with his little Facebook post and media snippets?

Some gullible buggers about.

Could not agree more he has been completely upfront with everyone at the club, no matter how much he wants a move he will remain professional what can not be contested is that he is by far our most gifted player and we should be getting top dollar if we are to uphold our end of the bargain.
I can not work out the logic of his agent why get your player to sign a 4 year deal?

He publicly put the club into a weaker negotiating position from the very start.

He has no interest in the club getting a fair deal, he just wants out and will even go to an average serie A team to do just that.

He's made it public for his own gain, not out of some frankly absurd belief from supporters that he wants to keep them informed.

Do people genuinely think he's not attempting little digs, upsetting the applecart with his little Facebook post and media snippets?

In short no!

Spot on

He publicly put the club into a weaker negotiating position from the very start

This isn't true. It's widely accepted that the owners talked to Mahrez last summer and asked him to stay one more year and then they'd allow him to leave. Numerous sources have said as much since last year. Do you not think other clubs know this?

In this context, his statement isn't what you say at all. It is simply a reflection of an agreement made last year and confirmation that Mahrez wanted to move on this summer.

This is why I think it's incredible how little negativity was held for Kante (who ditched us at the first opportunity) and much more for Mahrez (who stayed put and gave us another season when he could have done a Payet and got his dream move when his profile was highest). Indeed, it is pretty obvious that staying with us last season has harmed his future prospects because just like everyone else, his form dropped off.

We're well within our rights to set a £50m price tag and say to Mahrez that we'll sell him if it's met. It's not the club's fault, or Mahrez's fault, that the only clubs genuinely interested so far are being tin pot tossers about it all.

Captain Morgan about Mahrez:

"It's to be expected that big clubs will be after our biggest name players," Morgan told Sky Sports. "But at the end of the day he is still with us.

"He is a still a Leicester player and that's all that matters. We can't think about what could happen or where he might go.

"At the training ground we all train together and I have to say is his attitude has been great. He hasn't shown that he is angry or that he is upset in any way or that his head is not in it. He comes in and he trains hard.

"We expect players to come and players to go. [N'Golo] Kante went [to Chelsea] and there were no hard feelings there. We'd all love Riyad to stay, but who knows what will happen."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/mo...oma-speculation-continues#DZ3iPSlSWMXKPcJb.99

Kante had a release clause. Mahrez would know he could either sign a bumper deal and get stuck with us or remain on his existing deal and get stuck with us.

Plain and simple, Mahrez is effectively rubbishing Leicester City. He is either off his own bat or guided by his agent and/ or potential buyers doing all he can to "force" a transfer. If this matter drags on expect him to up the ante as we get closer to the end of the transfer window. At the moment the club are trying to play it cool and not be driven to banish him to training with the under 23s.

This is all bad for the club as we approach the season and sends out negative messages to transfer targets. Mahrez might as well climb up the Clock Tower and bend the ears of passers by with the message that he's a big club player and has been wanting out of little Leicester for over 12 months.

Players (who are any good) rule the roost these days -best to get rid asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566