Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's going anywhere unless we capitulate to Roma and let him leave for peanuts.

If there has genuinely been no offer then this is highly embarrassing for the player and agent. It's design is clearly to pressurise us to sell. If we don't sell today he should be docked a weeks wages.

He's going nowhere imo

If there has genuinely been no offer then this is highly embarrassing for the player and agent. It's design is clearly to pressurise us to sell. If we don't sell today he should be docked a weeks wages.
Don't think I agree. He made clear that he wanted to leave with the transfer request but has played well when called upon (regardless of his motives). He was given permission to leave international duty which is really a deal between the national team and the player. If he were to go to Zambia he would effectively shut the window for himself. Given that he has waited for a deal all summer, I can't really blame him for sticking around Europe during the busiest day of the window

If he does stay and his form drops to last year's depths I'll be ****ing livid though

If we don't sell today, there's always tomorrow.

Should he end up staying with us (and I don't want to call that one either way) then he will understandably be, um, gutted. In that case, how he responds on the pitch will certainly be interesting. He's shown professionalism since the start of the season (albeit perhaps motivated by self-interest) but this would require something deeper from him.

Should he end up staying with us (and I don't want to call that one either way) then he will understandably be, um, gutted. In that case, how he responds on the pitch will certainly be interesting. He's shown professionalism since the start of the season (albeit perhaps motivated by self-interest) but this would require something deeper from him.

I would expect him to honour the incredibly generous contract that he signed not long ago.

Anything else is completely unacceptable.

I would expect him to honour the incredibly generous contract that he signed not long ago.

Anything else is completely unacceptable.

I don't think he's the kind of person who would refuse to play. But it might affect his confidence and mental state if he doesn't get the move he wants. Hopefully he'll react to it in the right way and work harder to try to get a move in January.

I don't think he's the kind of person who would refuse to play. But it might affect his confidence and mental state if he doesn't get the move he wants. Hopefully he'll react to it in the right way and work harder to try to get a move in January.

Indeed, it's a shame he only realised 3 games ago that playing well will help him get a move.

Hes been disrespectfull today (or his agent ) seeking permission to leave his training camp without any offers being excepted , so merely on the hope/assumption something may happen , hope the owners have upped the price to teach him a lesson

Absolutely, he seems to have done everything the right way this season - unlike plenty of other players. I can't blame him for wanting to leave, and if he does end up at Barce I'd be a little bit proud. If others feel disrespected in some way, well that's their problem

I wonder who's been winding his agent up. I'm starting to find some amusement in it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566