Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me a soft bugger but when the most talented player in the history of Leicester City is about to leave the club I'm willing to let the odd overreaction pass
You're just a bed wetter. Welcome to the club. You're not alone.

There's hope yet!

Rob Dorsett says:
Understand #lcfc have had no new bids for Riyad Mahrez. Last offer was over 3 weeks ago - £31.8m from Roma.

Echoed by the Mercury as well who say he's left Algerian training 'just in case'.

It's gonna be a longggg 14 hours

upload_2017-8-31_9-2-31.png

Why are we being so ****ing reactive with this? If we had any inkling at all that Riyad was going, we should have a player lined up and ready to go 3 weeks ago!

There's hope yet!

Rob Dorsett says:
Understand #lcfc have had no new bids for Riyad Mahrez. Last offer was over 3 weeks ago - £31.8m from Roma.

Echoed by the Mercury as well who say he's left Algerian training 'just in case'.

It's gonna be a longggg 14 hours
Graz, calm down. I'm worried for you :056:

If Mahrez is plan b then I suspect we'll hear nothing until much later in the day. I hope he's holed up somewhere comfortable, it's going to be a long day for him too. I hate hanging around and waiting, he'd have my empathy.

we obviously havent given him permission to talk to other clubs so it seems to me hes in a breach of contract. hes basically AWOL we (rudkin) should block any transfer Mahrez is sorting. the whole situation is shambolic

So it sounds like - rather than being half-way to a secret destination in Europe - Mahrez didn't want to go to Zambia on the last day of the transfer window (which would make sense if you've handed in a transfer request)

we obviously havent given him permission to talk to other clubs so it seems to me hes in a breach of contract.

That presupposes he is talking to other clubs. He may well not be. His agent may simply have positioned Mahrez (geographically) to facilitate any possible conversations, perhaps with a number of clubs. He's on international duty so I suspect there is little Leicester can do about it. But let's face it, none of us know so just keep in mind that conjecture is just that - conjecture.

Edit: I can understand it from Mahrez's position. He wants out. Today's his last day to achieve that (before Jan) so he's understandably doing all he can to make it happen. For all we know there have been no offers, and will be no offers, and Mahrez spends an anxious day in a hotel room (or whatever) surfing cable tv, playing xbox or whatever helps him pass the time.

Last edited:
Perhaps there's been no further interest and he's not been high enough up the transfer chat. Sending him to laze about Paris has stirred up the rumours and now he's being linked with better clubs. Well played.

Sounds like he could be a backup option for Barca if they do not get Coutinho.

Could Barca still sign him tmw with their window still being open but ours closed?

Sounds like he could be a backup option for Barca if they do not get Coutinho.

Could Barca still sign him tmw with their window still being open but ours closed?

Fairly sure Barca and Real can just do whatever they ****ing like regardless of any rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566