Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this really happens, it is the best we could hope for when he actually leaves. His dream comes true, we hopefully get a proper fee and we won't have to see him in another PL team's shirt.

Very true. Surely it's not Barca though??

One of Chelsea, Arsenal or Utd I would think.

I'm gutted. Just woke up to this. Please don't go Riyad.

I think it will be Arsenal. Makes most sense with Sanchez looking like going to Man City.

Bench player at Chelsea. Utd need someone for the left. Arsenal are desperate so makes sense why they'd leave it late.

Fingers crossed it is Barca. It's the sort of move he should have had last year. Knowing us it'll be Spurs or Arse. At least it's looking like it'll happen.

I think it will be Arsenal. Makes most sense with Sanchez looking like going to Man City.

Bench player at Chelsea. Utd need someone for the left. Arsenal are desperate so makes sense why they'd leave it late.

Reckon Arsenal too, he'll be the only player there as more are desperate to leave them than us.

Well this is shit.

Basically leaving us with very little time to get a replacement.
I
We've had plenty of time to get a replacement and probably already have one in the squad anyway. We can't be surprised at this. Fair play and good luck to him.

If today ends with Mahrez and Drinkwater out, and Townsend the only player in then it's a ****ing nightmare.

And I'm an optimist!

Hopefully CB, CM and replacement wide player in - but expect Gray to be first choice if Mahrez goes.

But we haven't got a replacement...
And if your referring to Gray then he showed against Man u how far away he is from being anywhere near Mahrez
I'm not convinced about Gray (either way - many here appear to think he's a lost cause and I just don't get that) but he certainly gives us an option in the absence of Mahrez. I guess my point really is that we have had so long to sort out a replacement. Whether you can ever really 'replace' Mahrez is a different matter though given the journey he has been on with us all.

Losing Mahrez means we'll finish six places lower in the league. He's that good and that important to us.

Absolutely gutted to wake up to this news.

If he's getting his move to Barca, I'll accept it and be happy for him. Anywhere else and I feel sick. If we've accepted less than £50m in this market, our owners have badly let us down.

And if the best we can really do is replace him with Andros fecking Townsend then it's definitely the beginning of the end of this golden era.

Losing Mahrez means we'll finish six places lower in the league. He's that good and that important to us.

If he's getting his move to Barca, I'll accept it and be happy for him. Anywhere else and I feel sick. If we've accepted less than £50m in this market, our owners have badly let us down.

And if the best we can really do is replace him with Andros fecking Townsend then it's definitely the beginning of the end of this golden era.
Let themselves down badly, you mean? Whether we get £40m or £60m, it won't have much impact on my daily life, other than a slight irritation that he wasn't valued high enough if it's £40m.

Oh my lord, get a grip man.

Lolz...other than the Townsend bit...absolute lolz.

The only benefit of Rob Kelly being our manager was continuity. If we were just going to have our spine ripped out I'd have preferred a real manager.

We've shown determination to keep Gray - so irrespective of how good (or not) he is, it looks like we were assuming that Mahrez goes.

Drinkwater completely different matter. Not an exceptional player - decent on his day. Would not be a severe loss.

Mahrez however is special - but I think we can't keep that class of player so best to live with it.

Mahrez outgrowing us was inevitable - doesn't stop it hurting us.

Just praying he goes to Barca so we don't have to watch him playing for another PL team.

It already hurts enough seeing Kante at Chelsea. Imagine if they have Drinkwater and Mahrez too! (Any chance it's just Chelsea bidding to encourage us to sell Drinky instead?)

The club Riyad Mahrez has left the Algeria squad to sign for is... not Arsenal. #AFC are not in contention for the #LCFC winger #bbcfootball

From BBC's David Ornstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570