Make or Break tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seriously considering not renewing my season ticket next year already.

I didn't enjoy it last night, that's what I go for. The only game I have enjoyed is Ipswich. If anybody spouts the supporting the team bollox, and how it is important that I get behind and encourage them, then I would expect the team to pay me for my services and not vice versa.

I have 3 children that I don't see for 5 hours on a Saturday, combined with the fact that most weekdays they will be in, or very nearly in bed when I get home and not up when I leave again the next morning. They are more important to me than them wankers, I am neglecting the company of my children for the love of a team that doesn't, and never will love me.

The be all and end all, is that I am no longer enjoying going. So why should I go?

Last edited:
I'm just pissed off that I bet my remaining 25 vcash on a City win. Now I'm skint.

I didn't enjoy it last night, that's what I go for. The only game I have enjoyed is Ipswich. If anybody spouts the supporting the team bollox, and how it is important that I get behind and encourage them, then I would expect the team to pay me for my services and not vice versa.

I have 3 children that I don't see for 5 hours on a Saturday, combined with the fact that most weekdays they will be in, or very nearly in bed when I get home and not up when I leave again the next morning. They are more important to me than them wankers, I am neglecting the company of my children for the love of a team that doesn't, and never will love me.

The be all and end all, is that I am no longer enjoying going. So why should I go?

Ah, one of the great questions of life - probably 'cos if you don't go we'll start winning again! As I said on another thread, I'm stuffed as I can't think of anything else to do on a Saturday.;) Plus, me being a contrary bugger, I'm quite looking forward to the Sunderland game, best to look forwards than backwards.;)

'cos if you don't go we'll start winning again!
Spot on Shazza, because we all believe it will always get better. I love to see us win, of course I do, but I am just getting bored. It isn't the losing, I can live with that, that's football. I can't live with the nothingness, and that is how I would describe last nights and West Broms performances. Nothingess, I was bored from the kick off and it only got worse

How did you manage that?

Did you chase an ambulance that was going in the opposite direction?

You know me mate, so many ambulances so little time.

What do sperm and lawyers have in common?

One in a hundred million has a chance of becoming a human being!:icon_wink

I will admit that I slightly exaggerate, it was more like 300 miles! Still a bloody long way for that though!

I doubt that you'll be on your own Melts. The football club has a delicate problem with keeping the fans happy and the books balanced. When RK commented a few weeks ago that they wouldn't be signing anyone and he was content with what they had got, i knew we would be in for a difficult season. Nobody will want to see them in dire financial trouble again, but on the other hand the fans need something to encourage them to go to the Walkers. A 3rd depressing season on the trot is looming and attendances are already poor. I don't want RK sacked but everything i feared about his appointment is starting to surface. He inherited the position without ever demanding it, and seemed reluctant to be pushed into the hotseat.The fact he was reluctant suggests a possible lack of confidence in himself. Such was the relief of CL departure that the team would have responded imo whoever had took charge. Maybe we did too well at the end of last season, which culminated in RK permanent appointment and a false new hope for this current season. At the start every one seemed cautiously optimistic, but for RK there was now going to be the burden of expectation. RK appears to be a nice man that is generally liked by the players, but nice men don't make good managers. My opinion is that he's lightweight and possibly out of his depth at management in this league. I would love to see him succeed and i can appreciate that changing the manager again will only add to the instability of the club, but our club is at a crossroads and i hope that if RK finds it too tough that he'll do the decent thing. The lack of money is testing the fans patience and if someone else replaces RK they are going to face a very tough task. Theres no easy answer.

I worked out the distance from your work, and it's more like 240 miles!

How do you know where I work. Plus I did not go straight to the game. Went via my sisters twice...once to pick her up and once to drop her off. She is in Quorn.

I see. Thought you had broken the terms of that non molestation order again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566