Maligned players

Status
Not open for further replies.
King may not have spent much time on the ball tonight, but he did a lot of work off the ball, closing players down and not giving them any space.

What game were you watching? He did fcuk all!

Its hard to be critical after a performance like that...i think the Waghorn and fryatt partnership could blossom into something special.

Finally it looks like we have the right partnership upfront...and we can keep Howard to the bench.

For a team that only occasionally confounds the usually critical comentators last night was the real deal. For the first time for a long time the comments were imo pretty fair.
There were good/super contributions from everyone but the skipper. (he wasn't poor but not totally on his game of late). Now that Wellens has taken on more of the creative roll we see less penetration from Oakley and he seems to give the ball away with increased frequency. Perhaps he's trying too hard to match the killer passes we see from some of the others. KEEP IT SIMPLE MATT. Do what your best at.

Hands up who'd like me to be manager? Anyone?

I'll be Assistant and we can discuss rubbing behind closed doors of course, that and marijuana.

I clearly wasn't watching the match closely enough, or Sky weren't mentioning him enough. Considering these comments, he sounds like an 'Owen Hargreaves-type player' who quietly goes abouts his business. But frankly I didn't see it on TV tonight.

I thought Ritchie Wellens was the kind of player QPR lacked. Someone who not only has skill but is both a battler and willing to do the donkey work.
So far as we know Nigel's other signings have been cheap or free. Wellens is the big seven figure signing and has come up trumps. For me he and Fryatt are Leicester's best available players - I use the word "available" because of course, we have Tunchev still to come.

I agree. King was fantastic tonight, protecting the back four, tidying up as necessary and distributing the ball sensibly without looking for that glory ball at every given opportunity. A wholeheartedly strong performance. There will be those who still have that chip firmly adhered to their shoulders though tedfoxxx but I guess their minds won't be changed even with a solid performance such as tonight’s mate

Well said squire.

Both he and Neilson will have a tough time winning people over but if they can carry on their recent form I think some may have to review their opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669