Manager Speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
More for the "We love Martin" brigade.......

Good morning,

So far this trip away has gone well. It seems to me the players are more comfortable in each other's company and are also getting to know the staff and myself and how we work. It is important to me that we all trust each other and respect each other. I am not bothered if they are friends with each other, but trust and respect is essential. We have been working on those areas in various ways since we got here.

Alan Birchenall this morning left Scotland and our team hotel for his trip back to Leicester. The trip has given the new players, new staff and myself the opportunity to get to know him. He has mucked in with all the odd jobs and given the whole place a very positive 'vibe'.

Dudley Campbell is now looking fitter and should play a part on Saturday. Stephen Clemence got through 90 minutes without any ill effects on Tuesday night. There are a few people with aches and minor pains. Jonny Haynes has a small thigh strain, which shouldn't take too long. Dave Rennie and Damien Doyle have been instrumental in injury prevention with their warm ups, warm downs and rehydration - or in my terminology the right food and drink. Those two have been invaluable advising Whit and myself to make sure the players are not over trained, which of course risks injury.

Today we are doing morning and afternoon sessions followed by a double session on Friday and a further session on Saturday morning before we play Kilmarnock.

Lastly, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw those Leicester supporters at the game on Tuesday night. To think they had travelled abroad on a Tuesday night is quite astonishing.

Best wishes,

Martin

To think they had travelled abroad on a Tuesday night is quite astonishing.

Just because he went on a plane, he thinks it abroad!

You would have pissed himself with excitement if he'd seen us up in Bodo.

Sadly I can rember it all

Do the Shake 'n Vac, and put the freshness back
Do the Shake 'n Vac and put the freshness back
When your carpet smells fresh, your room does too
Every time you vacuum, remember what to do
Do the Shake 'n Vac and put the freshness back.

Anorak, Moi?

The band snuff covered this on there album Flibbiddydibbiddydob, they also did kwik fit and a few others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669