Post Match Manchester City 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more you look at that, the worse it gets. It's hard not to think he did it deliberately. I can't see the faintest attempt to put the ball on target.

I want to defend Iheanacho but it's getting difficult. Any striker can blaze a shot wide/over but if it's the only thing a player does, it becomes the thing that defines you.

A lack of effort isn't excusable but it's either a reflection of someone totally lacking confidence or lacking interest. The evidence is starting to suggest that it is the latter with Iheanacho.

I maintain that he's a talented player. It's just starting to become clear that he's not a talented person.

Rodgers got close to calling his miss out as unacceptable. Two years of not good enough for successive managers should be enough to make a decision. I think he'll have to go this summer.

£70m on Musa, Slimani and Iheanacho is horrific. We need to improve our approach to signing forwards.

Who's going to sign him?

Maybe we can send him to one of the promoted teams on loan, if we pay most of his wages, but no one will want to sign him permanently on the evidence of the last two years.
We need a club as stupid as us to get promoted. I smell a move to Derby County for the lad.....

Who's going to sign him?

Maybe we can send him to one of the promoted teams on loan, if we pay most of his wages, but no one will want to sign him permanently on the evidence of the last two years.

We could easily have said the same about Musa this time last year.

His 'name' is sufficient to entice someone.

I'd be tempted to send Nacho out on loan to a Championship team. I don't believe that he's not trying; he just seems to be as low as he can get. As has been said, I can't see a half decent transfer on the cards and, who knows...?

Earlier in the year I was critical of Ricardo as I didn't really believe he was a full back. Last night he proved me wrong, he defended excellently.

I will give a mention to Choudury, he dealt with Foden extremely well and once he went off and Stirling moved into that position he made sure he had a quiet game too.

re Nacho, isn't there a buy-back clause? Can't someone get on the phone to Man City and ask what sort of figure they were thinking of? Then halve it.

BTW, just seen that Kompany goal again. One helluva strike but, oh my word, someone really ought have closed him down. The space he had would have tempted anyone to shoot.

Does anyone not think of a simpler explanation for Nacho...? Rather than 'low confidence', 'attitude', 'doesn't care'.... how about, erm, not good enough??? Simply lacking talent??? Sell-on or loan-out (if necessary) asap...

In the "kick up the arse, or arm round the shoulder" type of classifying how to get the best out of a player, I suspect he's the latter. I'm not saying that as a derogatory comment, just meaning that it probably doesn't help him when he gets slated and he would benefit from some confidence building. Maybe Brendan is the sort of character to get more out of him, given time.

He’s a complete and utter shithouse.

He has been a complete and utter shithouse from the day he walked into the Club, and he will continue to be a complete and utter shithouse until we finally find a way to get the useless feck out of the door

Sometimes that’s all there is to it

I maintain it’s confidence, but I know I’m in the minority.
I agree.

Give Brendan the summer to build confidence into the lad and give him one more season.

He's just not a great player. His technique is poor, he looks like he doesn't know where to run or how to make space for himself, his passing is atrocious. Trying to search for excuses for him is a waste of time; he's totally out of his depth in this league just as Musa and Slimani were before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363