Post Match Manchester City 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good performance undone by basic errors.

- every post match thread ever.

This.

I'm still struggling to work out whether we've been unlucky or not this season. Watching the matches, it feels like we deserve more. But we can't be *that* unlucky.

Could have written the post match sob story before the game, or indeed at any point this season. Should have had two penalties, defended well against a good team, made a couple of mistakes and ended up getting nothing. After this one I don't have much to complain about apart from our luck.

Schlupp utter shit for the first, and feckin' hopeless for the second, ably assisted by shitehouse Morgan.

Should have had a pen, and hit the feckin' post

The story of season right there

We have to stop with this 5 at the back BS. We consistently let in two goals every game with it.

Last edited:
We seem to turn it on when we play at the big clubs but its been against the shit teams that we've not performed and it is that which has cost us so dearly. I just hope we can keep the squad together as much as possible and bounce straight back up. We have some real talent and teams will cherry pick but I hope that in a time of questionable loyalty to clubs and player power we see the players unite from what looks to be a frustrating albeit promising season and use the hurt to get us promoted again and use the experience to stay up in 2016/17. Mind you, win the remaining fixtures and they may get the chance to do so earlier.

ok play 5 at the back for the first 60 minutes but 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go surely worth a gamble Odd that Mahrez and Kramaric were taken off when we needed goals Vardy (not scored in 2 odd games) works his socks off but we need players that score to be on the pitch!!

You can say we were unlucky all you want but we weren't Im afraid.

We have some seriously naive players even at this stage of the season, James trying to play like Messi in the corner when we had 5 ****ing men in the box leaving us vulnerable, obviously he lost the ball. Morgan trying to do some weird shit for their 2nd goal, utterly baffling, Schlupp just having no clue where he should be on the pitch at any given time, Vardy was screaming at him to get up the ****ing line.

People have said we defended well, I'm afraid not. Shwarzer had to pull off so many saves it was unreal, our 3 tall centre halves even allowed Aguero to have a lovely headed attempt on goal that was stopped by a wonder save, he's 3ft fooking tall.

The defending for the 2nd goal was utterly embarrassing for all who played a part in it.

They ****ed up so many shots on goal through their own poor finishing, another day it's humiliating.

Nugents offside miss, utterly unforgivable at this level.

Non of the above is unlucky, now i'm not actually saying we should be getting a result but I'm afraid the goals we conceded could be conceded against any team in this league, we are just too naive and accident prone.

I really hope Pearson can man the **** up and take a leaf out of the knackered old owl's book and drop that carthorse Morgan.

Sorry for sounding overly negative, but all this 'good performance' and 'we wuz unlucky' talk needs some perspective.

People talk about this lucky or unlucky debate but aside from this, fact of the matter is that we had two very obvious penalty decisions turned down. I just finished watching the highlights and Schlupp and Kramaric's second one were both penalties.

You can say we were unlucky all you want but we weren't Im afraid.

We have some seriously naive players even at this stage of the season, James trying to play like Messi in the corner when we had 5 ****ing men in the box leaving us vulnerable, obviously he lost the ball. Morgan trying to do some weird shit for their 2nd goal, utterly baffling, Schlupp just having no clue where he should be on the pitch at any given time, Vardy was screaming at him to get up the ****ing line.

People have said we defended well, I'm afraid not. Shwarzer had to pull off so many saves it was unreal, our 3 tall centre halves even allowed Aguero to have a lovely headed attempt on goal that was stopped by a wonder save, he's 3ft fooking tall.

The defending for the 2nd goal was utterly embarrassing for all who played a part in it.

They ****ed up so many shots on goal through their own poor finishing, another day it's humiliating.

Nugents offside miss, utterly unforgivable at this level.

Non of the above is unlucky, now i'm not actually saying we should be getting a result but I'm afraid the goals we conceded could be conceded against any team in this league, we are just too naive and accident prone.

I really hope Pearson can man the **** up and take a leaf out of the knackered old owl's book and drop that carthorse Morgan.

Sorry for sounding overly negative, but all this 'good performance' and 'we wuz unlucky' talk needs some perspective.

Brilliant post and so very true

I really think it's time to make the managerial change, not because we have just lost away to the champions but more to do with the results over the past 22 league games, plus taking into account that since his sacking / reinstatement we have played 4 of which we have managed a draw and 3 defeats.

But for me the one saving grace we had with Pearson and the big argument for retaining him was continuity ....however for me that argument has gone. Quite simply if or when we are relegated we are almost certain to lose Kramaric, Cambiasso and Mahrez but then on top of that off the back of some questionable selections we will most likely lose Albrighton, Wasyl, Knockeart and Hamer whilst I imagine Moore, Ulloa and De Laet will wondering if they have futures at the club if Pearson stays.

so in reality there will be a pretty big rebuilding job, and given the way we are going I am not sure what damage to belief and confidence this will have had on the squad and the hangover this could have next season. For me now is the time to bring in fresh ideas and impetus, give the new man a chance to evaluate the squad, build confidence and momentum for next season and you never know we could still squeeze out of this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566