Post Match Manchester City 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same as all those who were convinced Pullis would walk here.

He probably would have come, we're not a bad proposition as a club and we weren't all that much worse off than West Brom when he joined them.

Allardyce would be gettable too. It looks like West Ham will get rid, ridiculously. He joined West Ham after they were relegated from the Premier League and I can't see where he'd end up in the top flight. None of the big clubs will touch him and all of the clubs of a similar size to those he tends to do well at are doing well enough that they'll keep their current managers. Other than perhaps Sunderland. Ourselves and QPR may well be the best jobs available to him.

He probably would have come, we're not a bad proposition as a club and we weren't all that much worse off than West Brom when he joined them.

Allardyce would be gettable too. It looks like West Ham will get rid, ridiculously. He joined West Ham after they were relegated from the Premier League and I can't see where he'd end up in the top flight. None of the big clubs will touch him and all of the clubs of a similar size to those he tends to do well at are doing well enough that they'll keep their current managers. Other than perhaps Sunderland. Ourselves and QPR may well be the best jobs available to him.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Absolutely no way we'd get Fat Sam. Though our job would appeal to most as we can't even work out how to sack someone....allegedly.

My mum always said "put that away, it's disgusting," but that was an unrelated matter that has since been resolved, for the most part.

Also wise words, it turned out.

What the ****ity is going on in here?

What the ****ity is going on in here?

They've all gone billy bonkers, Lako

If they'd just come along with me to my happy, end of season, football festival of hope, they'd all be in a better place

They've all gone billy bonkers, Lako

If they'd just come along with me to my happy, end of season, football festival of hope, they'd all be in a better place

I'm going to the Hull game naked

Why all the negativity guys? Has TB become a BDSM club?

Makes no sense to sack Pearson at this point. Almost certainly it would have a bad effect on the players. I say this on the basis that I have heard nothing from any player to suggest Pearson is not loved, respected or doubted in terms of strategy, tactics or team selection by anyone working for the club or the team. He does not appear to have 'lost' the dressing room.

Whether he keeps his job will judged by Top and his dad. They have shown tremendous patience with Pearson, when most teams around us are sacking managers as soon as they lose 3 games in a row.

The 'small margins' excuse works for a while, but then you have to ask yourself, 'If it is a small margin, why hasn't it been fixed after 20 odd poor results?' There has been a lot of bad luck and poor decisions against us, which do not yet appear to have evened themselves out.

To keep his job, respect from the players, and what respect is left from many fans, I do not think he can continue with 'park a small bus (5 at the back) and hope for a counter attack' strategy.

He knows he probably has to win at least 5 or 6 of the 11 games remaining. The expectation is that we are going to keep losing most of them 'by small margins'.

So my recommendation is that Pearson adopts the Keegan strategy - 'Simple game, just score more goals than they do'. Accept our defence will make one or two serious mistakes each game which in this league get punished.

Forget about all the crap of 'We performed well, Chelsea only beat us by one goal'.

If we are going down, let us do it in a blaze of glory. Instead of 5-4-1, let us play 1-4-5!

Tell the midfield and forwards they might only be on for 60 minutes before being substituted. Pack the bench with just our fastest and fittest.

If Chelsea stuff us 7-3, I do not care, but if it means the new strategy lets us beat Sunderland 3-1, I am all for it. I am even happy for 6' 4" Hamer to come on as a forward for the last 10 minutes and just lump balls into the penalty box at him!

The problem with that strategy is that Pearson would still pick Wes fecking Morgan as the man at the back !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566