Post Match Manchester City 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing the manager now would be suicidal with potential after effects into next season. The history books tell you that. No one of any managerial note will want to attempt keeping a club up seven points behind.

If the club have any chance of letting him go, it has be at the end of the season, giving the new chap a pre season to sort things out. Again the history books say this works better than other scenarios.

That first goal was frustrating and just about sums up our season.

It was a carbon copy of the 1st goal we conceded at Arsenal. We're having an OK spell and Schlupp loses the ball far too cheaply in exactly the same spot. They break and their quality scores. Again and again we've seen this.

Just shows that some of our players (and mainly the ones we needed to) were just not ready for the step up. And that every mistake is punished at this level.

Spare yourself the heartache and accept now that we're too far adrift and look forward to seeing them win again (in the Championship)

The fat lady is clearing her throat.

On a positive note (pun intended) things will get better...but not any time soon and dependent on a change of manager at the end of the season. New broom needed etc. Pearson has very little credibility left and the new bloke will have to rebuild because most of the better players will want to move on.

On a positive note (pun intended) things will get better...but not any time soon and dependent on a change of manager at the end of the season. New broom needed etc. Pearson has very little credibility left and the new bloke will have to rebuild because most of the better players will want to move on.

That's a terrifying prospect for me..

That's a terrifying prospect for me..

I'm afraid you might need to come to terms with it Alex.

It has been a bad season on the pitch, it has been a monumental **** up off it for Pearson personally, I like him, but his credibility is shot and unfortunately his strange antics will be an overriding memory of this season for many.

If we are totally honest he's made his own bed, his actions are his own and his players and team selection are his own.

He doesn't go out in total disgrace due to the nature of most of our performances, but as a man I'm afraid he's let himself down and wont have the same purchase as someone like Dyche who has done a decent job and kept himself well clear of any horsecockery.

Samuel Alladici is likely to be available...

Wes Morgan's comments in the OS make you laugh. In the context of the season we are still in it, purely because so many of the other teams are not much better than we are. They gift us chance after chance to make ground and we duly throw it back in their faces. Deserve to be relegated, and I'm almost looking forward to it about now.

'we kept ourselves in it'

Yes until you decided to try some weird sideways clearance on a crossed ball and completely missed it.

I just don't agree that Pearson's position is untenable. He's proven that he can learn (maybe with a summer break needed for reflection, granted) and I honestly can't think of anyone better to try and take us back up.

Last edited:
I just don't agree that Pearson's position is untenable. He's proven that he can learn (maybe with a summer break needed for reflection, granted) and I honestly can't think of anyone better to try and take us back up.
Agree with chrisFilter

I live in a dreamworld where Pearson is sacked at the end of the season and we appoint Sam Allardyce. Throw enough money at him in terms of wages and it could just happen. Some may complain about the style of play but we'd all be happy when Kevin Nolan lifted the Championship trophy.

And I don't see how sacking Pearson now would lead to any negative consequences. IF the man who the club wanted in the summer was available now it would make perfect sense to hire him now so he could judge the squad and the club from within. Sacking him just because he deserves it now without a permanent replacement lined up would be pretty pointless. Then again, keeping him is likely to prove pointless too lol.

Well he learned from the end of 12/13 by leading us to a brilliant 13/14. The extra experience he brought into the squad appeared to be the missing ingredient for what looked an exciting young side.

The major problem seems to be that he can't arrest a slide. He couldn't manage it in 12/13 and he hasn't managed it this season. Even when the solutions have been obvious to many of us. So he can learn, but he does so slowly. He has already had his second chance though; that was last season. It's time for him to go barring a miracle through the spring.

Stop being so serious, you lot make me sick

Why the hell is Sam Allardyce suddenly being presented as a credible option?! Have I missed something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why the hell is Sam Allardyce suddenly being presented as a credible option?! Have I missed something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think I have. I could have sworn he was WHU's manager, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him there next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566