Post Match Manchester City 3 Leicester 1

We’ve just wasted two weeks and three matches when every point mattered, by waiting so long to change manager. Next week is point of no return.

We wasted much longer than that. The international break was the last sensible time to change.

I'd have loved Nacho to pass to Cags, whom then scores, lifts up his shirt to reveal a message on his shirt saying

**** You Brendan

alas he didn't pass

Smith says our season wasn't going to be defined here, it's about the next run of matches.

But was happy that our centre backs were more aggressive in the second half and that the team as a whole was more committed after the break.

Our relegation % is up to 52% now

Although they still have Southampton, Everton and Forest as more likely to go down.

What worries me is Forest, Leeds and West Ham all still to play this weekend - we really need all 3 to lose, or we really start to get cut away in a smaller group of relegation battlers.

For some reason I went to this one. Hopefully the players get confidence from that second half (even if it was mostly because Man City had job done after 20 mins and sat back). Even had a couple of chances at the end to make things interesting. Better scoreline than I expected. Crazy that we haven't played Cags for so long.
I could hear the fans singing! You did us proud!!

Soumare's energy was a big loss today.

Smith out!

Totally agree. The 18 minutes i saw today were perfect for him. Had he played instead of Ndidi he'd not have given away a pen for handball as that requires some movement.

And Iversen should have been in from the start of the season. He made an absolute world class save today from a shot that would have beaten Kasper.

Rodgers is just such a ****ing arsehole.

Cags gathering dust all season. Amartey preferred.

Ward for nearly 30 matches.

Look at the quality in that squad. It’s a disgrace that we are going down.
It should never have come to this. Massive massive ****.

Can we all now agree that Vardy should not start another competitive game for the club. Ihenacho has start every game till the end of the season.

I’d say the same about KDH but I accept that might be more debatable

I think Smith will have learned a lot from that game.

Can we all now agree that Vardy should not start another competitive game for the club.
Nope. I’m confident Smith will start to play to the strengths of Vardy. The Man City game wasn’t the one to do that.

I’d give him the Wolves game at least.

And Iversen should have been in from the start of the season. He made an absolute world class save today from a shot that would have beaten Kasper.
It was a good save - it wasn’t world class. One for the cameras and fair play to him. Our league position is not to do with our goalkeeper.

We can’t base anything on that performance and game today. Man City after 30 mins downed tools. We looked unfit and lacking in ideas and creativity like we have for most games this season. It was a training game in the second half and it looked like both teams used it as that.

The season starts now.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464