Pre Match Manchester City v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Newcastle beat Liverpool, we could see the trophy being lifted should we lose.

I don't give a shit about the title race. I don't care who wins it.

I just want us to finish the season well. If we do, it can be really helpful when recruiting players, keeping players, and starting next season strongly.

Battering Arsenal is a good start. If we can add one or two more scalps before we're done this season, that would be excellent.

What is clear is that a defeat to Man City all but ends our chances of 7th place. We must chase that down if we still can.

So we just go there determined to give of our best. They have managed 17 wins from 18 games before us though so nobody has had much of a clue about dealing with them up to now. Only two teams have got something from Liverpool at Anfield this season and we're one of them. It would be lovely if we could also be one of the two sides that get something from Man City too.

I believe it is better for football if a different team wins each season and so I would rather Liverpool be champions than Man City.

From Liverpool's point of view they must be pleased Man City are facing the Leicester of Brendan Rodgers rather than Claude Puel. Leicester are playing with confidence and are not a team you want to face in a must-win game.

Mr Rodgers has to choose whether to pick Harvey Barnes and leave out either Choudhury or Ndidi. None of them deserve to be dropped. I would go with the team that began against Arsenal as I feel it is vital we do not surrender the midfield. .

I believe it is better for football if a different team wins each season and so I would rather Liverpool be champions than Man City.

From Liverpool's point of view they must be pleased Man City are facing the Leicester of Brendan Rodgers rather than Claude Puel. Leicester are playing with confidence and are not a team you want to face in a must-win game.

Mr Rodgers has to choose whether to pick Harvey Barnes and leave out either Choudhury or Ndidi. None of them deserve to be dropped. I would go with the team that began against Arsenal as I feel it is vital we do not surrender the midfield. .
It’s better for me if I can still say to my (most of the time very annoying football wise) Liverpool supporting friends, that there is only one team starting with an L that has won the Premier League, and I’d like that to continue. So **** what’s best for Football. Liverpool have 400000+ members of the Norwegian branch of their supporter club. We have somewhere between 150 and 200.

Still want us to beat ManC though.

Last edited:
I only know one Liverpool supporter....the mother in law. Despite that I'm still not sure I can happily watch man city buy another trophy.

I only know one Liverpool supporter....the mother in law. Despite that I'm still not sure I can happily watch man city buy another trophy.
Mother in law equals 10.000 ordinary supporters. I win.

Still want us to beat Man C though.

Manchester City have won three of their last four Premier League meetings with Leicester, though they did lose the reverse fixture 1-2 back in December.

Leicester are looking to complete the top-flight double over Manchester City for the first time since the 1986-87 campaign, while they’re also looking to do the double against the reigning top-flight champions for the first time since 1985-86 against Everton.

Manchester City have won three of their last four Premier League home games against Leicester, having lost their first three such games against the Foxes.

Manchester City have won each of their last 12 Premier League games – it’s the fifth run of a team winning 12+ games in a row in the competition’s history, with Man City the only side to have done so twice.

Leicester have never won away from home on a Monday in the Premier League, drawing three and losing eight of their 11 such matches.

Man City haven’t lost their last home league game of the season since 2012-13 (2-3 vs Norwich), winning four and drawing one since.

Man City have won eight of their last 10 Premier League home games in May (D2), scoring 29 goals and conceding just five in that run.

Pep Guardiola has lost two Premier League games against Leicester as Man City boss – only against Chelsea (3) has the Spaniard lost more in the competition.

Sergio Aguero has scored 15 Premier League home goals for Man City this season – only in 2011-12 (16) has he scored more at the Etihad in a single campaign in the competition.

Since his Premier League debut in 2014-15, Jamie Vardy has scored more goals against ‘big six’ opponents than any other player in the competition (31).

Gotta hope Vardy will get one here. He’s red hot and our style of play matches against Man City.

2-2.

All eyes on this one now after Liverpool came through to beat the Toon in the end.

I think that benefits us. We will win this.

14-1 seems like good odds.

I’m almost concerned about how confident I am we can get a result.

There are many appealing bets for tomorrow, these are mine (obviously for the purposes of avoiding):

Jonny Evans anytime scorer = 30/1
Vardy anytime scorer = 13/5
Leicester win = 16/1
Draw = 15/2
Leicester to win, and have most corners, and Man City to have most cards = 400/1
Leicester to win to nil, and Vardy and Maddison to score = 400/1

Referee: Mike Dean
Assistants: Richard West, Dan Robathan
Fourth official: Lee Mason

Their fans will no doubt sing the Ranieri you stabbed in the back song which they’ve done for the last couple of seasons, I hope to be singing you’ll never walk alone as the game goes into added time

Their fans will no doubt sing the Ranieri you stabbed in the back song which they’ve done for the last couple of seasons, I hope to be singing you’ll never walk alone as the game goes into added time

Didn’t they essentially do the same to Pellegrini and Mancini as we did to Claudio, and at least we had the excuse of plummeting into relegation?

I feel optimistic, we are well equipped to cause them problems, if we are motivated and not already on holiday. Choudhury should start.

As Ramadan has started I wonder whether Mahrez will even make the bench. Can't see Guardiola risking a player who hasn't eaten or drunk any water from dawn to dusk.

As Ramadan has started I wonder whether Mahrez will even make the bench. Can't see Guardiola risking a player who hasn't eaten or drunk any water from dawn to dusk.
Most Muslim footballers in England (and there are a lot of them) eat and drink what they need. Mahrez was unlikely to play anyway, he's not even come off the bench in their last few games.
Would you drop Choudhury for the same reason?

Last edited:
Jamie Vardy is the only player to have scored a hat-trick against any Pep Guardiola team in top flight football.

amie Vardy is the only player to have scored a hat-trick against any Pep Guardiola team in top flight football.
Let's hope Vardy will the only palyer to have scored two hat-tricks against any Pep Guardiola team in top flight football after tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363