Mandaric Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why do it? :102:

As described by OG I don't think they do.

The reason for dawn raids is to get the person when they are most likely to be at their address. Most people work so if they wait til 10am they won't be in.

If they turned up at the workplace (in most cases they would only have home addresses anyway) i'm sure people would argue that is even worse with employers seeing you being taken away by the police.

If you really think that scenario would help the police case you must be having a momentary act of naiveity.

Not at all.

It happened to me many years ago. There was never any prospect I would be charged with anything. They were hoping I might let slip something about someone else. I was not actually arrested, but being subjected to a barrage of questions on the doorstep at 6 in the morning with the kids terrified behind you and the neighbours peering from behinfd their curtains does not lend itself to calm and ordered thought. In fact there was nothing I could have given them anyway.

Not at all.

It happened to me many years ago. There was never any prospect I would be charged with anything. They were hoping I might let slip something about someone else. I was not actually arrested, but being subjected to a barrage of questions on the doorstep at 6 in the morning with the kids terrified behind you and the neighbours peering from behinfd their curtains does not lend itself to calm and ordered thought. In fact there was nothing I could have given them anyway.

Many years ago policing was completely different to now.

As described by OG I don't think they do.

The reason for dawn raids is to get the person when they are most likely to be at their address. Most people work so if they wait til 10am they won't be in.

If they turned up at the workplace (in most cases they would only have home addresses anyway) i'm sure people would argue that is even worse with employers seeing you being taken away by the police.

But the woman I referred to had already spoken to them and told them that if they wanted to talk to her again all they had to do was phone her and she would some down to the station.

Many years ago policing was completely different to now.

True. When I was six they smashed down our door in the middle of the night to arrest my dad in bed for possession of pot. A polite knock at 6 am would have been preferable I think.

Very true.

I imagine MM must have been quaking at the repeated offerings of comfort breaks and free coffee refills during the interview.

If he'd had said he felt dizzy or that he was depressed he could have had a bed at the hospital and a constant watch over him.

Reading between the lines I would suggest the real focus of Plod's attention is a certain Willie MacKay, and whether he has accounted for all tax & Vat regarding the deal, and also perhaps to see if he took a futher cut from the deal by misreprenting the true transfer price to Portsmouth.

I find it all rather unsavoury, especially with the recent cash for honours scandal and now the donations scandal. The government get away with a far more serious crime imo.

Let's hope there are no knee jerk reactions that might jeopardise our club.

Always gonna be somebody that adds 2 + 2 and make 5 etc. How long before the subject of our last visit into administration comes up?

Oh for goodness sake.

Appeal for reason and calm please.

MM has been interviewed about his dealings when looking after dodgy Harry. End of. Until there is a statement to the contrary, we mustn't get all doom and gloom about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00