Mandaric Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think id be onto the McCanns lawyer, he seems quite good.

Prediction - Mandaric will be cleared of any dodgy dealings and this will all be forgotten about by next week.

You are joking!
I agree that the "case" will have blown over, but people on here are still proudly reporting the latest scurrilous rumour concerning Martin Allen's departure! This will provide sport (or tedium) on this board for months!

Erm...if we're into predictions, what's the chances of Mandaric being in Holloway sometime soon?

Whilst not completely ignoring the rather obvious double-entendre, I would suggest that it is in the region of 0%. Holloway is a women's nick.

A spokesman for Mr Mandaric, 69, said the Leicester City chairman would "continue to offer his full and total support to the police".

Police said the arrested men were aged 69, 60, 55, 48 and 30 and had been questioned over conspiracy to defraud and false accounting.

The 69-year-old was also held on suspicion of money laundering, a spokesman said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7118432.stm

:mad:

Last edited:
This won't go away quickly.
For those who on early parts of this thread said it wouldn't effect LCFC if Manderic was charged with anything, they do not really appreciate that Manderic in some senses is LCFC; he is bank-rolling the club - certainly in the sense that it is he who gaurentees all debts (the club is spending well above its income). If MM ends up constrained in any way or his assets frozen, the implications could be serious. No more transfers or loan signings for a start. (Granted, in the end he may be totally exonerated - that goes without saying - so there would be no implications in that regard in the end but it is an ever-present danger at the moment.)

His life has been one long hassle since taking over LCFC (managerial termoil, poor results etc) & although this is not anything to do with his tenure at LCFC, he may decide he's had enough - even if/when he is 'cleared'. If you were a millionaire at 70, would you slog away at something that has long since ceased to be pleasurable?

Last edited:
For those who on early parts of this thread said it wouldn't effect LCFC if Manderic was charged with anything, they do not really appreciate that Manderic in some senses is LCFC; he is bank-rolling the club - certainly in the sense that it is he who gaurentees all debts (the club is spending well above its income). If MM ends up constrained in any way or his assets frozen, the implications could be serious. No more transfers or loan signings for a start.

His life has been one long hassle since taking over LCFC (managerial termoil, poor results etc) & although this is not anything to do with his tenure at LCFC, he may decide he's had enough. If you were a millionaire at 70, would you slog away at something that has long since ceased to be pleasurable?

I dont know wether he is a Millionaire or not but OG is still trying to slog away at mrs OG :102::icon_bigg

If that was really the case, they would not have been arrested. Don't believe all you are told.
While I agree with the second part I don't go along with you on the first.

Interviewing under caution is common practice in cases where there is the potential for the interviewee to incriminate themselves during cross-examination.

That said, you need to be a right Fox Fan to incriminate yourself if you have legal representation.

People get confused over the difference between being arrested and being charged. I believe L1 contain a number of young gentlemen with experience that can explain the difference if anyone needs clarification.
Your emotional rollercoaster seems to have become derailed in a trough - try these :023:

His life has been one long hassle since taking over LCFC (managerial termoil, poor results etc) & although this is not anything to do with his tenure at LCFC, he may decide he's had enough - even if/when he is 'cleared'. If you were a millionaire at 70, would you slog away at something that has long since ceased to be pleasurable?
Is it really worth winding yourself into such a tizzy over nothing? :102:

While I agree with the second part I don't go along with you on the first.

Interviewing under caution is common practice in cases where there is the potential for the interviewee to incriminate themselves during cross-examination.

That said, you need to be a right Fox Fan to incriminate yourself if you have legal representation.

People get confused over the difference between being arrested and being charged. I believe L1 contain a number of young gentlemen with experience that can explain the difference if anyone needs clarification.

Your emotional rollercoaster seems to have become derailed in a trough - try these :023:

Pissed off mate...not suicidal

Is it really worth winding yourself into such a tizzy over nothing? :102:

Is it just me or is anybody else struggling to find anything at all interesting in this 'drama'?

I really couldn't give a f*ck about any of it.

For those who on early parts of this thread said it wouldn't effect LCFC if Manderic was charged with anything, they do not really appreciate that Manderic in some senses is LCFC; he is bank-rolling the club - certainly in the sense that it is he who gaurentees all debts (the club is spending well above its income). If MM ends up constrained in any way or his assets frozen, the implications could be serious. No more transfers or loan signings for a start. (Granted, in the end he may be totally exonerated - that goes without saying - so there would be no implications in that regard in the end but it is an ever-present danger at the moment.)

I think you raise some real concerns but hopefully, a long running police enquiry on these sort of issues will end where they usually do - huge cost to the tax payer and nothing more. I doubt whether in the meantime there will be anything tangible enough to impact on the running of Portsmouth or Leicester.

I too have been concerned about Milan getting fed up with all the aggro - and I think most all 69 year olds would be. But this is no ordinary guy - he is crazy enough to spend (waste) his time/ money / energy running a football club so he may well be crazy enough to battle through this one.

As I said earlier I think we should make sure as Leicester fans that he knows he has our support.

The little understanding that I have of how football business is conducted in a relatively personal and informal way suggests that it is bound to provide fodder for enquiries - but I am sure Milan and the others will be able to provide compelling answers.

This doesn't appear to be anywhere near as bad as Tashinaqua,and that hasn't affected him or Man City really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00