Mandaric Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
A spokesman for Mr Mandaric, 69, said the Leicester City chairman would "continue to offer his full and total support to the police".

Police said the arrested men were aged 69, 60, 55, 48 and 30 and had been questioned over conspiracy to defraud and false accounting.

The 69-year-old was also held on suspicion of money laundering, a spokesman said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7118432.stm

:mad:

Why would MM be questioned on suspicion of charges that all the rest were not.

Why would MM be questioned on suspicion of charges that all the rest were not.

Because the others aren't suspected of being involved in money laundering? :102:

Just a wild guess like. :icon_roll

Because the others aren't suspected of being involved in money laundering? :102:

Just a wild guess like. :icon_roll

Presumably this is because they have information that has led them to suspect MM, which they do not have on the others.

While I agree with the second part I don't go along with you on the first.

Interviewing under caution is common practice in cases where there is the potential for the interviewee to incriminate themselves during cross-examination.

That said, you need to be a right Fox Fan to incriminate yourself if you have legal representation.

People get confused over the difference between being arrested and being charged. I believe L1 contain a number of young gentlemen with experience that can explain the difference if anyone needs clarification.

I am not confused at all. Somebody can not be arrested simply because they may have witnessed a crime or because the police think they might know something about a crime that has been committed by somebody else. There must be reason to believe that they were involved in the commission of the crime.

Read what the police said - "the five were arrested on suspicion..." Whatever Redknapp or MM or anybody else is saying, these matters do not just involve 'other people'. It is them themselves who are being investigated.

Is it just me or is anybody else struggling to find anything at all interesting in this 'drama'?

I really couldn't give a f*ck about any of it.

Perhaps you need to read what Rudyard Kipling nearly wrote:

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you simply don't understand the problem."

I am not confused at all. Somebody can not be arrested simply because they may have witnessed a crime or because the police think they might know something about a crime that has been committed by somebody else. There must be reason to believe that they were involved in the commission of the crime.

Read what the police said - "the five were arrested on suspicion..." Whatever Redknapp or MM or anybody else is saying, these matters do not just involve 'other people'. It is them themselves who are being investigated.

A mate of mine is a policeman and ive asked about that and i quote him here

"there has to be enough evidence for a warrant of arrest to be sent out "
:icon_conf :icon_sad:

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you simply don't understand the problem."

And he doesn't make a bad Vienese Whirl either

A mate of mine is a policeman and ive asked about that and i quote him here

"there has to be enough evidence for a warrant of arrest to be sent out "
:icon_conf :icon_sad:

Presumably there were also warrants issued for the address searches, which will only be issued if there is information that supports them.

My point being - being arrested does not imply guilt nor does it mean there is evidence to support a conviction or imply guilt.

Your aside would imply otherwise.

That's exceedingly good

My point being - being arrested does not imply guilt nor does it mean there is evidence to support a conviction or imply guilt.

Your aside would imply otherwise.

My aside implies nothing of the sort. An arrest suggests that there is enough evidence to arrest a person - nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00