Mandaric charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this case was worse so they got jail time but who knows

Yup - much worse - about 10 times the amount. Another major difference is that MM hasn't been found guilty yet.

The tax and NI on the amount stated in the MM charges seems to be little more than some MPs are alleged to have fiddled in expenses, yet I don't see any of them being charged. But of course MPs are British and neither MM nor the defendants in your quoted case are - presumably that makes a difference.

Let's just wait and hear MM's defence. He seems pretty sure he has nothing to worry about.

No wonder he's been quiet this season and most of last.

If he's guilty, he needs to step down as Chairman. This will have a snowball effect on the club, so they need to start putting things in place now.

Step down as chairman? I wonder who else you have in mind for the job.

And who are the 'they' that you feel need to put things in place? The only 'they' is MM himself and I am sure that he feels that Lee Hoos can do the job from his CEO seat.

Last edited:
But of course MPs are British and neither MM nor the defendants in your quoted case are - presumably that makes a difference.

I presume you were being ironic?

There are lots of reasons why MP's have seemingly got away with it but I wouldn't put nationality at the top of that list.

Self interest, old pals act, set their own rules etc etc etc..........

On the ( admittedly few ) supposed facts to have come out re this I would think H M Revenue & Customs would have trouble getting a conviction out of this. I think they were hoping to find a much bigger " tax fraud ", didn't, and in order to justify the huge amount of time they and The City of London plods have spent on this felt they had to bring a case against someone.

Last edited:
Step down as chairman? I wonder who else you have in mind for the job.

And who are the 'they' that you feel need to put things in place? The only 'they' is MM himself and I am sure that he feels that Lee Hoos can do the job from his CEO seat.

If hes found guilty, he should step down imo. Ive never been a big fan of Milan, hes a Pompey man not a Leicester man.

If your happy to have him carry on running the club from a prison cell, or with a cloud over his head, thats up to you.

If hes found guilty, he should step down imo. Ive never been a big fan of Milan, hes a Pompey man not a Leicester man.

If your happy to have him carry on running the club from a prison cell, or with a cloud over his head, thats up to you.

What does that mean? That if he is found not guilty, you would still doubt his integrity? Just asking..

What does that mean? That if he is found not guilty, you would still doubt his integrity? Just asking..

My point is, IF he gets found guilty. He would either go to jail or get fined etc. If he got fined he would be walking around with a cloud above his head.

If he is found not guilty then its business as usual.

But Duffen didn't own the club, lock stock and barrel - he was simply an employee

It's completely different

Agreed, but can anyone seriously say that MM cant stand down.

There was talk of him standing down to help Pompey out, probably bull, but hey it could happen.

The question was 'how' he could step down. I can think of plenty of scenarios where he could step down. Obviously Macky thinks its impossible :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566