Mandaric on way???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also thought Wimbledon had ground problems after Plough Lane was closed down. They could not get anything local without the councils blocking everything

The Wimbledon supporters trust got an architect to design a 20,000 capacity stadium that could have been built on the Plough Lane site. Merton Council supported this, and wanted the club to play there. The club's owners didn't, they wanted to move.

The first one is the one who bought Brighton for around £50, then sold the ground to property developers without having any plans to move to a new ground.

The other two are the ones who took over Wimbledon from Sam Hamman and killed the club.

The Wimbledon supporters trust got an architect to design a 20,000 capacity stadium that could have been built on the Plough Lane site. Merton Council supported this, and wanted the club to play there. The club's owners didn't, they wanted to move.

I never knew that, all I knew they were trying to get council approval anywhere around London without any luck.
Shows how effective a supporters trust is though

I never knew that, all I knew they were trying to get council approval anywhere around London without any luck.

They didn't really try to get planning permission, that was just a PR thing to make it look like the move was the only option.

Shows how effective a supporters trust is though

That might be the case when the club is owned by one person and can do what he wants. But for clubs like LCFC where the supporters trust can buy shares and take part in the decision making process it can be very effective.

I see your point there. Because someone with that much money would definatly shit themselves and feck off elsewhere. Good thinking there....:038:

Potential new owners have been put off by fans campaigns against them before.

Also it can persuade potential new owners to appease the fans for example by offering a seat on the new board.

In Man Utd's case it didn't, but the fans campaign was well publicised & a new club was born instead.

They didn't really try to get planning permission, that was just a PR thing to make it look like the move was the only option.

That might be the case when the club is owned by one person and can do what he wants. But for clubs like LCFC where the supporters trust can buy shares and take part in the decision making process it can be very effective.

I still need convincing.

Also it can persuade potential new owners to appease the fans for example by offering a seat on the new board.

In Man Utd's case it didn't, but the fans campaign was well publicised & a new club was born instead.

I think you will find that more of an excuse to not buy, blame it on the fans etc. In reality I doubt it would make much difference to them.

I was about to say and what about Man Utd? So they put the prices up and so they should, if the fans want success they have to pay their part too.

In the event of a potential takeover it's very important to find out where the money is coming from, and whether it has to be paid back.

A number of people in recent years have taken over clubs without actually having any money themselves to put into the club. The sheep (before their most recent takeover), and QPR are two examples. The people that took them over took out large loans from a company based in Panama, so rather than help the club they immediately had to take on a debt and large interest payments. This has just ended up leaving the club with bigger problems.

But in the case of Mandaric we'd be ok wouldn't we ?:102:

His record with Portsmouth suggests he might be OK. But I think we'd need assurances that whatever money he puts in doesn't need to be paid back to him.
If he puts £20 million into the club, and after a couple of years of failure he decides he wants to pull out, it would leave the new owners in a mess if the money he's put in was just loaned to the club.

His record with Portsmouth suggests he might be OK. But I think we'd need assurances that whatever money he puts in doesn't need to be paid back to him.
If he puts £20 million into the club, and after a couple of years of failure he decides he wants to pull out, it would leave the new owners in a mess if the money he's put in was just loaned to the club.

I see your point.

Why would he just donate to the club?

Why would he just donate to the club?

Lots of people have done that with other clubs in the past.

If he came in and took over the club, then started loaning money to the club it would have to be based on a sensible repayment plan in the event that he left - because if he comes in and spends £20 million on crap players on high wages and then pisses off and expects to get his money back we'd be in a real mess. We'd be in a real mess even if he doesn't want his money back if he leaves us with players we can't afford to pay.

The problem clubs have had in the past is people going in to clubs, and then finding out they can't make a profit/get promoted, so they try to get their money back by asset stripping, selling the stadium, players, etc.

Too often fans get excited about potential new owners without thinking about the long term effects.

If he came in and took over the club, then started loaning money to the club it would have to be based on a sensible repayment plan in the event that he left - because if he comes in and spends £20 million on crap players on high wages and then pisses off and expects to get his money back we'd be in a real mess. We'd be in a real mess even if he doesn't want his money back if he leaves us with players we can't afford to pay.

The problem clubs have had in the past is people going in to clubs, and then finding out they can't make a profit/get promoted, so they try to get their money back by asset stripping, selling the stadium, players, etc.

Too often fans get excited about potential new owners without thinking about the long term effects.

difficult one that to spot though. When someone comes in they are usually carrying roses and so you dont smell the shit until its too late. There are hundreds of ways of getting money out of a business.........so I have been told..;)

But in our case do we have any assets? He couldn't take the ground as we don't own it I pressume? And our squad isn't worth much. That just leaves the training ground (I think).

I would genuinly like someone to back the club, but someone who will be good for us and not piss about. Also slightly worried about mandaric because of his irratic appointment of that werido manager/sacking of Rednapp!

I quite like the Foxes trust and what they try to do for the club, BUT to try and say the fact a new club was born was a good thing I disagree. I've supported Leicester all my life, I will never support someone else no matter who owns the club. I find it crazy that 'fans' of the club would try and suggest that even if we get brought out by someone we don't like - its ok because we can then go and support some crappy AFC, after investing thousands of hours and huges sums of cash into supporting Leicester. Have a word:018::018::018:

If true and it happened, that would surely mean the Birch would be off? (I know, I'm cutting to the heart of the issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669