Mandaric on way???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysalis

I think mandaric would be good for the club, their is 2 paths here.

1 - keep current board no risks taken but 0 ambition. Very little prospoect of promotion.

2 - Give mandaric a chance, has good track record with pompy, although still risky for the long term should he want investment back, gives club ambition and new direction, would also likely boost attendances. Rob kelly job would be under immediate threat.

Dangeruss

Also slightly worried about mandaric because of his irratic appointment of that werido manager/sacking of Rednapp![/QUOTE]

Yes agree with your point, but in the end he realised his error and publicly stated that, then he put it right and saved pompey from relegation.

I always admired his honesty to the press whilst at portsmouth, and i feel that the board we have at the minute is keeping things from its fans, and they have no ambition what so ever.

Mandaricis a step in the right direction if we are to get back to the premiership, because i think at the minute we will not be back for years and maybe never under this board.

DesertFox

I quite like the Foxes trust and what they try to do for the club, BUT to try and say the fact a new club was born was a good thing I disagree.
But this actually happened to US a few years ago. We nearly changed our name to Leicester Fosse... we didn't, but at the same time it was an entirely new business entity and effectively a new club. (ask BG - he got ripped off in the process)

Last edited:

DesertFox

I almost said this on here the other day: can you think of a club more ripe for a takeover at the moment?

Anybody taking on a football club as an "investment" would be crazy but it very rarely happens. These days most of the sugar daddies are rich kids who want playthings. At that level, we are a club set up for the Premier league, available at a bargain price. We must be a pretty attractive option... possibly the most attractive option at this moment in time...

:102:

fcukcov

I almost said this on here the other day: can you think of a club more ripe for a takeover at the moment?

Anybody taking on a football club as an "investment" would be crazy but it very rarely happens. These days most of the sugar daddies are rich kids who want playthings. At that level, we are a club set up for the Premier league, available at a bargain price. We must be a pretty attractive option... possibly the most attractive option at this moment in time...

:102:

What about the cov scum? Surely they are in a simlar situation to us?

oh and it was in the NOTW lads so be very careful.....

fcukcov

I may be biased, but we are FAR more attractive than them feckers :icon_bigg

I agree with the sentiment desert, but why are we?

EDIT: im just playing devils advocat really.

Last edited:

DesertFox

In all honesty we're very equal as clubs so I'm sure we'd be equally ripe for a buy up. But there aren't very many clubs of our size, with recent history in the top flight and plenty of potential, available for a song. Really, are there any? I suspect Cov would take a bigger investment at the moment.

fcukcov

In all honesty we're very equal as clubs so I'm sure we'd be equally ripe for a buy up. But there aren't very many clubs of our size, with recent history in the top flight and plenty of potential, available for a song. Really, are there any? I suspect Cov would take a bigger investment at the moment.

Initially to buy maybe yes but in the longer term probably not. So it balances out.

As I said desert i dont really think this Im just being the eternal pesimist when it come to most things lcfc.

DesertFox

Initially to buy maybe yes but in the longer term probably not. So it balances out.

As I said desert i dont really think this Im just being the eternal pesimist when it come to most things lcfc.
I happen to agree, but still.... feck Cov, eh? :098: :icon_wink :icon_lol:

PFKAKTF FOX

I wonder whether the current board have already been approached by Representatives of Mandaric and that he was given a less than encouraging response. Seems strange that it has already been leaked to the press, could be a way of drumming up support.

Just a thought.

Also bear in mind that no individual would stand to make much if any money out of selling, more likely recover the initial investment at best. So bearing in mind that Tim Davies and to a lesser extent Andrew Taylor also recieve substantial salary packages and benefits, would they really be prepared to sacrifice their own personal circumstances for the long term benefit of Leicester City FC ???

newtonfox

If Mandaric did come and buy our club/stadium and give RK nice big spending pot things would be so different IMO for one we would more than likely return to the premiership and hopefully stay there which would bring in more fans into the club and hopefully fill our little home again Evey home game so lets say from 19-20 people to 32-32500 per game thats a big amount of turn over to start with ,more shirts being sold in the mega store so profits go up there too I'm sure if he wanted his money back from the club he would get it but it would have to be over a long period so not to sink the club again this would all have to be done before the club and Mandaric agree to buying/selling of said club ,
The foxes trust mite even get that seat on the broad they have been after as well you never know :102: ;)

Chrysalis

I am not so sure if he would simply buy the stadium especially in his 1st year, I expect for that commitment he would wait for promotion first. More realisticly expect a transfer budget for promotion and if promoted then a new budget to secure our place and a possible buy of the stadium.

Chrysalis

I would guess the most likely are leics, coventry and wolves probably in that order. We are a prime candidate given our financial status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669