Mandaric Out ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

Whilst at present fans are continually calling for the head of Megson maybe the anger and frustration is being directed at the wrong bloke. Since MM has taken over we have not progressed on or off the pitch.

He sacked Kelly and replaced him with Worthington.

After 5 games realised Worthington was not the right man and replaced him with Allen.

Allen was sacked after 4.5 games.

Mandaric recruits Megson and after 6 games at least 50% of the fans would like to see him gone.

The truth many of us me included were blinded by the prospect of an experienced football money man taking over our club, hiring a big name manager and signing big name players who play sexy football all the way back to the prem ala Pompey.

What many of us failed to take into account was MM's horrific record of managerial appointments, lets face facts MM invariably hired unproven managers or fallen has beens who were happy of the opportunity, he got lucky when he appointed Redknapp and then he went and royally fcuked it up and when Arry left look how they nosedived, yet again due to Mandaric's poor judgement, only for MM to get lucky and attract Fishface back.

Granted his "investment" saved the club at the time but at least the previous board seemed to have some form of blue print and long term business plan especially under Levein, all we seem to have at present is a short term view and it clearly isn't working. In hindsight maybe it would have been more beneficial to have had somebody like Martin George involved who maybe carries less financial clout but who has more astute football admin acumen.

When Mandaric joined it was with a great deal of enthusiasm and optomism this is evaporating fast IMO. He seems as unwilling and unable to attract a quality manager as the previous board, all of Mandaric's appointments have IMO been names that the previous board could have attracted and no doubt afforded.

He has made several promises which have failed to materialise namely identifying and hiring the best available manager to take us forward, the evidence suggests otherwise, mainly on the whole plumping for the desperate and out of work cheap option or the lower league grateful for the opportunity to step up cheap option, hence we are sat in exactly the same type of position we have for the last 3 or 4 seasons, invariably less stable on the football side than we have ever been.

We appear to lack any long term plan / objective or realistic way of achieving it, I genuinely fear that MM's ego and use of spin and the media is deflecting the criticism from himself for the failings of the club. We have not progressed under Mandaric except for the fact that we have squandered substantial monies on more second rate players and managers since his arrival.

He has learnt the square root of feck all from any of his previous mistakes and it would seem that unless Arry is prepared to walk away from Pompey to manage us, which is highly unlikely, then we will continue to this cycle until eventually MM gets bored and flogs us on in what may well be a worse state than when he got us.

I have lost a lot of confidence in Mandaric and how he is running the club and I genuinely fear we are nothing more than the mad old farts little play thing, to allieviate the boredom of old age.

Great plan :038:

Let's feck him off good and proper and replace him with.......

Err, hold on a minute, I'll get back to you........

Last edited:
Mandaric is desprate to see us promoted this season but he has fallen on his sword big time. IMO we will be lucky to stay up at this rate, he couldnt be further from his aim at present and by appointing Megson he has really backed himself in to a corner.

Great plan :038:

Let's feck him off good and proper and replace him with.......

Err, hold on a minute, I'll get back to you........

Not saying that Homer, what I was trying to say is that surely most of the frustration and anger surely should be levelled back at Mandaric not Megson, the club has spent a shed load of money since his takeover and yet we seemed to have replaced mediocrity with mediocrity at Manager and player level and are sat in exactly the same position as we were last season, playing the same mundane dull football and he appears incapable of attracting the type of manager needed to kick start the club.

What I am trying to say is in hindsight would supporters still have preferred Mandaric with his financial clout but questionable judgement or say somebody like Martin George with a more prudent spending strategy but with a proven record of sound and sensible decision making.

What I am trying to say is in hindsight would supporters still have preferred Mandaric with his financial clout but questionable judgement or say somebody like Martin George with a more prudent spending strategy but with a proven record of sound and sensible decision making.

But they have never had that option and probably never will !

It was accept Mandy, and the known chaos and madness that goes with him

Or sink slowly to an inevitable and painful death under the previous regime of goons

But they have never had that option and probably never will !

It was accept Mandy, and the known chaos and madness that goes with him

Or sink slowly to an inevitable and painful death under the previous regime of goons

I know what you are saying and based on that reasoning we really had only one viable option, however we seem to have replaced the previous regime of goons with a dictatorial goon who is prepared to gamble with a clubs future that he has no prior affection for.

And based on his decision making process of the last 9 months I fear the club is in no more safer hands than before, at then end of the day he has paid very little for the club, if he fails his losses are minimal if he succeeds then he is laughing all the way to the bank, it would be interesting to know how much of his own money has been spent this season as oppose to that of the clubs.

Not saying that Homer, what I was trying to say is that surely most of the frustration and anger surely should be levelled back at Mandaric not Megson, the club has spent a shed load of money since his takeover and yet we seemed to have replaced mediocrity with mediocrity at Manager and player level and are sat in exactly the same position as we were last season, playing the same mundane dull football and he appears incapable of attracting the type of manager needed to kick start the club.

I think you're opening statement is unfair to Mandy. He got rid of Kelly who had taken us nowhere fast and had time to stamp his authority on the club but failed to do so and replaced with a caretaker manager of the caliber of Nigel Worthington.

MA2's appointment seemed right at the time and I think all of the hypothesising is missing what has actually been the only problem which has occurred out of our control which was a personality clash with Allen. I felt sorry for him how public MA2's views became and it must have felt humiliating for him to be defending himself on the phone to Sky on the way to the Accrington match.

I say this as a fan of MA2 I really thought we could go places with him but Mandaric wants us to be a club with a world wide profile and he felt MA2 was if not blocking certainly hindering his plans.

To the outside world Mandaric looked like a joke and that's why we've had such trouble getting a credible successor and now we're stuck with Megson and with no real option but to be seen to give him time to succeed.

None of this are systemic Mandaric problems - his appointments have not been of 'no names'. I'm confident Mandy will get it right. I don't think Megson will though so buckle in it's gonna be a rough ride short term.

The failing so far have been how his money has been invested IMO. Now who takes the blame for that seems to be a contentious issue.

I think you're opening statement is unfair to Mandy. He got rid of Kelly who had taken us nowhere fast and had time to stamp his authority on the club but failed to do so and replaced with a caretaker manager of the caliber of Nigel Worthington.

MA2's appointment seemed right at the time and I think all of the hypothesising is missing what has actually been the only problem which has occurred out of our control which was a personality clash with Allen. I felt sorry for him how public MA2's views became and it must have felt humiliating for him to be defending himself on the phone to Sky on the way to the Accrington match.

I say this as a fan of MA2 I really thought we could go places with him but Mandaric wants us to be a club with a world wide profile and he felt MA2 was if not blocking certainly hindering his plans.

To the outside world Mandaric looked like a joke and that's why we've had such trouble getting a credible successor and now we're stuck with Megson and with no real option but to be seen to give him time to succeed.

None of this are systemic Mandaric problems - his appointments have not been of 'no names'. I'm confident Mandy will get it right. I don't think Megson will though so buckle in it's gonna be a rough ride short term.

But all your comments prove that Mandaric is guilty of poor judgement and what is to say if he sacks Megson that he will get it right, based on past history I am extremely doubtful. We keep hearing the phrase Much of a muchness but you could level that at MM's managerial appointments thus far.

Based on the calibre of manager we have had this season I fail to see why MM didn't appoint Worthington, it is not like any of the subsquent appointments have been any better or had better credentials.

The failing so far have been how his money has been invested IMO. Now who takes the blame for that seems to be a contentious issue.

We are a laughing stock and a bit of a joke at present, MM reckons to be an astute football man and yet has recommended or sanctioned the signing of a number of mediocre players and managers and invariably awarded them decent length contracts.

His judgement is piss poor he has moved on 3 manager and appointed 3 managers, he appointed and then fired a Director of Football after one month, hardly a ringing endorsement of his staff selection skills.

But all your comments prove that Mandaric is guilty of poor judgement and what is to say if he sacks Megson that he will get it right, based on past history I am extremely doubtful. We keep hearing the phrase Much of a muchness but you could level that at MM's managerial appointments thus far.

Based on the calibre of manager we have had this season I fail to see why MM didn't appoint Worthington, it is not like any of the subsquent appointments have been any better or had better credentials.

Those comments are only being made because of the nose dive that the team has taken after MA2 left. We seemed to be putting together a team with balance and flair and goal scoring ability.

Don't forget that there were three obvious problems with the team at the beginning of the season. A creative midfielder that we are still to sort, left back and goalkeeper. MA2 addressed those bringing in Clarke who started impressively and Fulop who's possibly the best transfer in in the last twelve months. Who's to say he wouldn't also have sorted the central midfield berth as well?

What I am trying to say is that the problems we are encountering and the obvious frustrations at what is appearing to be another season of under achievement and false hope are surely down to MM rather than Megson.

There really is no alternative to Mandaric. Before he came the club was in slow decline. We may be disappointed that we haven't been a soar away success, but at least we can look at signing players, etc. and by the law of averages, Milan will eventually find a good manager with whom he feels that he can work (please God).
It is no good looking at a list of Leicester's richest sons and hoping that they will rescue us: they had the opportunity and declined.

There really is no alternative to Mandaric. Before he came the club was in slow decline. We may be disappointed that we haven't been a soar away success, but at least we can look at signing players, etc. and by the law of averages, Milan will eventually find a good manager with whom he feels that he can work (please God).
It is no good looking at a list of Leicester's richest sons and hoping that they will rescue us: they had the opportunity and declined.

I agree.

Milan clearly belongs to the hit and miss management school - most of his decisions look wrong - but in the past he has come up with a winner.

I feel sorry for him - he throws money at his own ego and most of it (so far) has gone down the drain.

However, I am more worried about Milan walking away from the mess that his LCFC rather than hopeful of there being any better alternative. he desparately needs a decent manager (I'm afraid this does not inclde Megson) or director or whatever alongside him to mediate his judgements. At Pompey he was lucky to have Harry - and we shall find out now whether Mandaric without Harry can cut it.

Good grief...

Back to Foxestalk.

Thought you were banned for sending those 'special' photos or yourself by PM to all the young boys on there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670