Mandaric Out ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair you don't get respect just by waving a cheque book signing a load of crap players on freebies and then 6 months later saying "yeah they were crap but here's another load to try".

I think its fair to say that out of that list, Hellings and Neilsen have definately been deemed surplus to requirements, Kaebi is so small he's going to have to be unbelievable with the ball to make up for his inadequecies in physicality and defence (certainly in this division where play is very direct).

From what I hear the coaches believe that the youth team players are better than Newton, Djeziri and Ferrera plus some others - as seen with King playing ahead of Hellings in the week. Add to that Mattock, Wesolowski, Stearman and Sheehan are all playing ahead of them too.

If there is one thing that Smeggy Meggy appears to be doing, its that he's willing to give some of the youth team players a chance above Mandaric's signings.

By the way I'd like to point out in the absence of anyone else I'm not saying "Mandaric Out" i'm saying that he has to be responsible (wholly or partly) for the lack of quality that has been brought in.

He gets my respect for the following reasons:

His business nouse which has led him to this point.
He owns our club.
Portsmouth FC.
Clem, N'Gotty, DJ and others who I think will make us a better side.
His vision to take us up.
His coming along when we needed saving.

He needs to stand in the corner for the following reasons:

Massive ego
Hellings, Nielson and other 'failures' potentially (although these could also be the faults of the 'Director of Football' he bought in...and then fired)

That's it.

Therefore, in balance, he gets my full respect. And, if he does throw more money in January to make things better then I will be happier still. I think I heard it was also his idea to get Taggs involved which may also be a complete master-stroke.

Only time will tell - until then, I respect him more than any other member of the LCFC non-playing staff since MON. Fact.

He gets my respect for the following reasons:

His business nouse which has led him to this point.
He owns our club.
Portsmouth FC.
Clem, N'Gotty, DJ and others who I think will make us a better side.
His vision to take us up.
His coming along when we needed saving.

He needs to stand in the corner for the following reasons:

Massive ego
Hellings, Nielson and other 'failures' potentially (although these could also be the faults of the 'Director of Football' he bought in...and then fired)

That's it.

Therefore, in balance, he gets my full respect. And, if he does throw more money in January to make things better then I will be happier still. I think I heard it was also his idea to get Taggs involved which may also be a complete master-stroke.

Only time will tell - until then, I respect him more than any other member of the LCFC non-playing staff since MON. Fact.

Sorry, I believe he earns respect by doing things correctly and successfully and so far at this club he's done neither.

I accept the fact he's here and hope he succeeds for Leicester's sake rather than his, but as a football owner, my one big question is that did he just get lucky with Redknapp and if so will he get lucky again?

I have my doubts.

Last edited:
I thought we did?

Anyway, I'm confident in what i've been told that as I say Kaebi, Hellings, Kishishev, N'Gotty, Neilsen were all MM's recommendations, accepted by MA.

Campbell and Hayes were clearly MA's, Clemence probably MM's to be fair, and I'm not sure about Newton, probably MA's call.

Djeziri and Ferrera have to be MM's as he signed them after MA2 had been sacked.

So of the the 12 i'd attribute 8 of the 12 to MM - only one of which is better than what we have, the remaining 7 are probably are no better, and probably worse than what we had orginally.

MM said that neilsen was recomended by allens agent and i would imagine MM employs people to find him players which he trusts which could be part of the reason DM was sacked Djeziri and Ferrera might be very good players.
MM has said the only player he signed was N'Gotty which IMO was a good signing.

MM said that neilsen was recomended by allens agent and i would imagine MM employs people to find him players which he trusts which could be part of the reason DM was sacked Djeziri and Ferrera might be very good players.
MM has said the only player he signed was N'Gotty which IMO was a good signing.

As posted on another thread, he's not likely to admit publicly to signing a pile of shite.

If you believe everything that MM says then I understand why you like him.

As posted on another thread, he's not likely to admit publicly to signing a pile of shite.

If you believe everything that MM says then I understand why you like him.

I like him because he is working his bollocks of to bring success to the football club i love,personel gain or not that is good enough for me and surely if he was naming people when talking about signings if it wasn't true he would be in a lot of trouble so why lie

Sorry, I believe he earns respect by doing things correctly and successfully and so far at this club he's done neither.

I accept the fact he's here and hope he succeeds for Leicester's sake rather than his, but as a football owner, my one big question is that did he just get lucky with Redknapp and if so will he get lucky again?

I have my doubts.

When cooking a roast dinner, do you look in the oven after about 15 minutes and make your mind up about how it's going to taste?

He hasn't been here for the period he has stated he would need to get this club up yet. Since he has been here he has bankrolled new players and for as many bad ones there are good ones IMO and some we don't know about too.

He didn't 'get lucky' with HR - he lured him away from West Ham UTD very cleverly to do the job he wanted, as the other managers he had hired failed to do so. He then swallowed all pride and accepted his mis-judgement and got him back again when he needed to. I also respect him for that.

A lot of clubs would kill to have someone of his standing associated with them, and I know the predicament we were in prior to him gaining control and I have to say, it's a massive stroke of luck he did.

When cooking a roast dinner, do you look in the oven after about 15 minutes and make your mind up about how it's going to taste?

He hasn't been here for the period he has stated he would need to get this club up yet. Since he has been here he has bankrolled new players and for as many bad ones there are good ones IMO and some we don't know about too.

He didn't 'get lucky' with HR - he lured him away from West Ham UTD very cleverly to do the job he wanted, as the other managers he had hired failed to do so. He then swallowed all pride and accepted his mis-judgement and got him back again when he needed to. I also respect him for that.

A lot of clubs would kill to have someone of his standing associated with them, and I know the predicament we were in prior to him gaining control and I have to say, it's a massive stroke of luck he did.

Do agree although i think HR was sacked by WHU

I bet crystal palace are glad they didnt take your attitude a couple of seasons ago

I haven't got an attitude. I just believe there's a long way between two from the top and three from the bottom. You obviously don't.

I haven't got an attitude. I just believe there's a long way between two from the top and three from the bottom. You obviously don't.

I know what you mean i just believe in a never say die way of thinking. and sorry i didnt mean you had an attitude i just worded it wrong

No - but if you do, you can see if you've done something disasterously wrong that will affect the final outcome. You've then got a choice of leaving it how it is or trying to make amends. Even if you do make amends at that stage, it might be too late for that meal.

Our opinions on players must differ, N'Gotty and Clemence are the only 2 to improve us IMO and thats because we flogged McCarthy.

Anyway, interesting theory on Redknapp, I thought he was sacked and then appointed as Director of Football at Portsmouth before whoever was manager at the time was sacked, Redknapp was then placed in charge temporarily before getting it permanently.

Hardly seems like a concerted plan to get Redknapp as manager, just that a combination of things occurred that ended up with Harry doing a cracking job.

Before he got fired and two other managers were brought in by MM to 'take the club forward' then he went crawling back to redknapp who is again doing a superb job.

You're right regarding the Director of Football at Pompey thing, I forgot that, but he did lure him from West Ham..

I think DJ Campbell is a lot better than Hammond too.

I'm more interested in your Sunday roasts right now actually.

To be fair you don't get respect just by waving a cheque book signing a load of crap players on freebies and then 6 months later saying "yeah they were crap but here's another load to try".

I think its fair to say that out of that list, Hellings and Neilsen have definately been deemed surplus to requirements, Kaebi is so small he's going to have to be unbelievable with the ball to make up for his inadequecies in physicality and defence (certainly in this division where play is very direct).

From what I hear the coaches believe that the youth team players are better than Newton, Djeziri and Ferrera plus some others - as seen with King playing ahead of Hellings in the week. Add to that Mattock, Wesolowski, Stearman and Sheehan are all playing ahead of them too.

If there is one thing that Smeggy Meggy appears to be doing, its that he's willing to give some of the youth team players a chance above Mandaric's signings.

By the way I'd like to point out in the absence of anyone else I'm not saying "Mandaric Out" i'm saying that he has to be responsible (wholly or partly) for the lack of quality that has been brought in.

Exactly what I was trying to say and also pointing out that if people were so intent on driving Megson out of the club so early on, then why were they not beginning to question the credentials of Mandaric, after all he has played a pivotal role in most if not all the decisions made over the past 9 or so months.

I'm more interested in your Sunday roasts right now actually.

What I get up to at weekends with my friends in the privacy of my own home is not of your concern young man.

By the way whens the album out - i keep checking on myspace.

Last edited:
What I get up to at weekends with my friends in the privacy of my own home is not of your concern young man.

By the way whens the album out - i keep checking on myspace.

What is the fave meat though......?

Soon my dear boy. Soon.

I wonder what time train MM will be getting up to the match tomorrow.

Nah. When he was asked directly if he had made a mistake in appointing MA2 he said no.

He told me that it was, of course, a mistake - but that he did not know that at the time.

No - but if you do, you can see if you've done something disasterously wrong that will affect the final outcome. You've then got a choice of leaving it how it is or trying to make amends. Even if you do make amends at that stage, it might be too late for that meal.

So the answer is that my mum should be manager. She has never ever got a sunday roast wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669