Manderic IN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

consty

I was appalled by the counter thread to this one ('MM out'). MM is the owner and the club stand well-placed just a couple of games into the season with a significantly improved squad thanks to the owner. Moreover he is also quoted as saying he will back any manager with more new players if required.

Yes, I was shocked and appalled at MA's dismissal but it is done now & MM would not have faced up to having to ultimately resource the severence package without good reason. Anyway looking to the future, there are some significant factors to consider in the appointment of the management TEAM. It is not Megson alone, who I admit I have reservations about, but the team MM has assembled with Megson looks promising.

1. Burrows was an important cog in the wheels that brought promotion to WBA - twice. He will strengthen Megson and add to the management team
2. Lets not forget those of us who doubt Megson (myself included) that he achieved TWO promotions. (Read his defense of the relegation which looks reasonable to me.)
3. Taggart's appointment: He knows the game and has learnt both from his coaching courses and also through working under O'Neill. Again, he will strengthen Megson.
4. Megson himself is tough and stern, and by many accounts not that popular with players. That's what LCFC need. A tough guy who, like Allen, will work and train the players hard & continue to leave the 'soft' and indisciplined years of Adams/Levein/Kelly well behind us.

No more anti-Manderic posts please. The man is working hard and paying for the privilage out of his own pocket. If he stops resourcing the club & goes back on his word, that is a different matter but for now the club are well-placed and MM's finances are making it all possible.

Last edited:
I was appalled by the counter thread to this one ('MM out').
There wasn't a counter thread to this one, this is a counter thread to that one :102:

But I'm with you consty

I was appalled by the counter thread to this one ('MM out'). MM is the owner and the club stand well-placed just a couple of games into the season with a significantly improved squad thanks to the owner. Moreover he is also quoted as saying he will back any manager with more new players if required.

Yes, I was shocked and appalled at MA's dismissal but it is done now & MM would not have faced up to having to ultimately resource the severence package without good reason. Anyway looking to the future, there are some significant factors to consider in the appointment of the management TEAM. It is not Megson alone, who I admit I have reservations about, but the team MM has assembled with Megson looks promising.

1. Burrows was an important cog in the wheels that brought promotion to WBA - twice. He will strengthen Megson and add to the management team
2. Lets not forget those of us who doubt Megson (myself included) that he achieved TWO promotions. (Read his defense of the relegation which looks reasonable to me.)
3. Taggart's appointment: He knows the game and has learnt both from his coaching courses but of also through working under O'Neill. Again, he will strengthen Megson.
4. Megson himself is tough and stern, and by many accounts not that popular with players. That's what LCFC need. A tough guy who, like Allen, will work and train the players hard & continue to leave the 'soft' and indisciplined years of Adams/Levein/Kelly well behind us.

No more anti-Manderic posts please. The man is working hard and paying for the privilage out of his own pocket. If he stops resourcing the club & goes back on his word, that is a different matter but for now the club are well-placed and MM's finances are making it all possible.

Sources close to Gradel say he likes this post. Levein, by the way, had a reputation as a disciplinarian and not as 'soft' by any stretch.

Sources close to Gradel say he likes this post. Levein, by the way, had a reputation as a disciplinarian and not as 'soft' by any stretch.

"...say he likes this post." please explain??? Sorry, this time on a Friday is a bit like first thing on a Monday.

Was Levein a disciplinarian though? He certainly allowed the team to be under-coached, under-trained and essentailly unfit. I'm referring to someone who is a tough guy all round - Megson will make them work, especially with that management team around him.

I cant be arsed to read it can someone summarise?

I cant be arsed to read it can someone summarise?
Blimey, it's not that long a thread/post & it is broken up into paras!!
Summmary:
1. MM should be supported - he's working hard & picking up the bills for his trouble. It's not very fair to say MM out!
2. He wouldn't have sacked MA without good reason, after all, its him who'll have to pay that bill as well.
3. MM has put in a good team of guys (Burrows, Taggart) to support Megson.
4. Megson himself is a tough-guy which is what LCFC need. Oh, & he also managed 2 automatic promotions with WBA

Summmary:
1. MM should be supported - he's working hard & picking up the bills for his trouble. It's not very fair to say MM out!
2. He wouldn't have sacked MA without good reason, after all, its him who'll have to pay that bill as well.
4. Megson himself is a tough-guy which is what LCFC need. Oh, & he also managed 2 automatic promotions with WBA

That is much more like it consty. :038:

Post #1 was an essay that I couldn't be arsed to read on a Friday afternoon.

Summmary:

thats more like it dont waffle when you can summarise!;)

I suspect that any serious 'Milan out' feeling is exceedingly limited but the joy of football is that everyone has an opinion.
Inevitably, no two people agree upon every aspect of any issue and surely, the whole point of this board is to offer an arena where these disagreements can be aired. I don't want to lose MM any more than I want to see contributors kicked off here for having views contrary to mine.

I suspect that any serious 'Milan out' feeling is exceedingly limited but the joy of football is that everyone has an opinion.
Inevitably, no two people agree upon every aspect of any issue and surely, the whole point of this board is to offer an arena where these disagreements can be aired. I don't want to lose MM any more than I want to see contributors kicked off here for having views contrary to mine.
i dissagree

Consty says Megson will be a tough guy, like MA2. If he's anything like MA2 surely MM will only give him four games as well. BTW, can I have a pair of rose-tinted goggles that Consty appears to be wearing today.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669