Mark Speight

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHS

BBC presenter found dead. :icon_sad: R.I.P.

The body of a man, believed to be missing TV presenter Mark Speight, has been found in a remote area of London's Paddington station, police have said.

Officers are treating the death as "unexplained" but have confirmed that the man had not been hit by a train.

Mr Speight, 42, disappeared last Monday, three months after the death of his fiancee, Natasha Collins.

She was discovered in a bath at their flat in London after the pair had taken cocaine, sleeping pills and alcohol.

The body of the man was found at about 1000 BST at the station.
Mr Speight's relatives have been informed of the discovery, police said, but a formal identification has yet to take place.

_44532831_collins_226.jpg
Mr Speight said in January he was "distraught" at Miss Collins' death

Video footage from CCTV cameras at the station is to be studied by officers as part of their investigation.

The presenter, who was the host of BBC children's show SMart until February, was reported missing last Monday when he failed to meet Miss Collins' mother as arranged.

He was recorded on a security camera entering Queen's Park underground station in north-west London.

Then, 22 minutes later, he boarded a train on the Bakerloo Line, which serves Paddington.

'Fragile state'
Relatives had made a number of appeals over the past few days, with his father, Oliver, urging him to get in touch and not to "give up" during his time of grief.

The families of both Mr Speight and Miss Collins had issued a joint statement, expressing their "deep concern" and saying he had been in "a fragile state of mind" when he vanished.

_44553707_speight-cctv_282.jpg
Police had released CCTV footage of Mr Speight at Queen's Park station

A friend had also described how Mr Speight, originally from Wolverhampton, had been planning a concert as a tribute to his late fiancee, which would have raised money for one of her chosen charities.

Mr Speight, originally from Wolverhampton, had been arrested on suspicion of murder and supplying Class A drugs following the discovery of Miss Collins' body at their St John's Wood flat on 3 January.

No charges were brought, however.

She suffered burns on 60% of her body from boiling water and had suffered a drugs overdose.
A coroner recorded a verdict of death by misadventure at an inquest earlier this month

Imagine a children's TV presenter. Brightly coloured clothes, monstrously over-expressing himself, etc. etc. Then imagine it turned up to 11.

Let this be a lesson to the hyperactive ****ers.

as much as i feel for his family!

i dont feel sorry for him, he did drugs with his wife while both worked with children on childrens TV, she died from them he felt guilty and so killed himself.

I don't understand your point.

Are you saying that anybody that has ever taken a drug deserves no sympathy?
That would be most people in society.

i dont feel sorry for him, he did drugs with his wife while both worked with children on childrens TV, she died from them he felt guilty and so killed himself.

I have to agree fully with this post.
If only life were that simple.

Have you any idea about his personal life, was his life a bed of roses and he was just living a lavish lifestyle, what effect did his personal activities have on his professional life?

Was he harming people, abusing people, touching up the kiddies he worked with, tapping their veins after he cooked up for himself? did he actually work with kids or just broadcast too them. If so, does it matter? Would he be OK to drink heavily and work with children?did he ever make a public nuisance of himself?, as far as I'm aware he pretty much kept himself to himself until this happened with his bird.

Never really liked the bloke TBH, but I wouldn't be so righteous as to condemn him without knowing anything about him, or living his life for him.

Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Cheesy, but applicable.

Last edited:

Have you any idea about his personal life, was his life a bed of roses and he was just living a lavish lifestyle, what effect did his personal activities have on his professional life?

Was he harming people, abusing people, touching up the kiddies he worked with, tapping their veins after he cooked up for himself? did he actually work with kids or just broadcast too them. If so, does it matter? Would he be OK to drink heavily and work with children?did he ever make a public nuisance of himself?, as far as I'm aware he pretty much kept himself to himself until this happened with his bird.

Never really liked the bloke TBH, but I wouldn't be so righteous as to condemn him without knowing anything about him, or living his life for him.

Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Cheesy, but applicable.

Was thinking similarly myself. Its easy to condemn people who take drugs, but would peope's attitude be different if she had died getting pissed on a saturday night?

I understand your post Melts, but me, drugs and sympathy dont mix.

Some people might not have sympathy for rapists, child perverts etc. Mine is drugs and drug users.

I understand your post Melts, but me, drugs and sympathy dont mix.

Some people might not have sympathy for rapists, child perverts etc. Mine is drugs and drug users.

I think that's a tragic attitude to have Biff.
That's an awful lot of people that you have no sympathy for.

Don't know the bloke, don't know the facts. It hasn't spoil my weekend, but I'm not callous enough to not feel for the people left behind.

"Today's news, tomorrow's chip paper" - Neil Warnock!

With all due respect Scarby you are talking out of your arse,you have absoloutely no idea what you are talking about and you have absolutely no idea what was happening inside this guys head when he took his own life.Its all very sad IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46