Confirmed Transfer Marko Futacs to Diosgyori VTK

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox58

Hungarian side Diosgyori VTK on a season-long loan

I forgot he existed.

With loads of english players without clubs, it is about time that clubs stopped acquiring "average" players from foreign soil & concerntrated on coaching the best out of home grown players

With loads of english players without clubs, it is about time that clubs stopped acquiring "average" players from foreign soil & concerntrated on coaching the best out of home grown players

The ones without clubs aren't very good, else they'd have clubs lower down. The ones in clubs are too expensive.

The ones without clubs aren't very good, else they'd have clubs lower down.

Some players may have been offered contracts by clubs lower down, but are waiting to see if they get a better offer.
Some may have priced themselves out of getting a club, and will now be looking for something more realistic.

And then there are players we have at the club already, who may have been able to do as well as Futacs did. If clubs stopped signing overseas players there wouldn't be so much unemployment amongst English players.

Last edited:
Good move for all as he was miles from our starting line-up or even match day squads and after watching bits of the U21s last night, would much rather see Hopper or another yute given a chance as the league experience would benefit them massively.

To be fair, a lot of people also support the English national side and want to see them perform better than they have in recent years and there's more chance of doing that if clubs producing English players, so I don't think it's a case of "they took our jobs" type jingoism that happens a lot.

However if you don't care about the national team I agree it seems strange to me. It also seems strange when people say "British players" as opposed to "English players," Scottish, Welsh and N. Irish players are as foreign as Ghanian players in footballing terms as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
To be fair, a lot of people also support the English national side and want to see them perform better than they have in recent years and there's more chance of doing that if clubs producing English players, so I don't think it's a case of "they took our jobs" type jingoism that happens a lot.

However if you don't care about the national team I agree it seems strange to me. It also seems strange when people say "British players" as opposed to "English players," Scottish, Welsh and N. Irish players are as foreign as Ghanian players in footballing terms as far as I'm concerned.

They'll never increase the demand to play English players because there aren't enough at high enough quality to immediately fill the champion's league teams. I can't think of one world class English defender under 30 , let alone enough to fill 5 or 6 teams at the top of the premier league.

They'll never increase the demand to play English players because there aren't enough at high enough quality to immediately fill the champion's league teams. I can't think of one world class English defender under 30 , let alone enough to fill 5 or 6 teams at the top of the premier league.
I can't think of one genuinely world class English player full stop.

Not saying I don't agree was just saying why people want to see English players come through.

I know. I have zero interest in international football so fall into your latter bracket!

But Danny Mills said "Everyone in the country wants to see England doing well" yesterday on 5-live so you must be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669