Do You want Martin Allen as the Leicester City Manager

• Yes i do

Votes: 65 67.7%
  • No i dont - State answer below

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because from what I've read on a Brentford site his tactics were always very one dimensional, he was unable to change things round during a game to make things happen. So he doesn't come across as someone who seems willing (or have the ideas) to try something new. I hope I'm wrong.

He might not have had the Players to change the style so he played to his strengths

Because from what I've read on a Brentford site his tactics were always very one dimensional, he was unable to change things round during a game to make things happen. So he doesn't come across as someone who seems willing (or have the ideas) to try something new. I hope I'm wrong.

Me too Jeff. I'm still worried if he is appointed, but I guess we will all have to wait and see if he can do a job for us.

Spot on polar

I havn't understood from the beggining why people on here seem to think he wont change his style to suite the players he has.

Agree, he seems an intelligent sort of bloke, and one would hope that his style of play was to a large extent dictated by the qualities of the players at his disposal. Whatever he does, it can't be much worse than the hoofball we've seen this season, a style of play that was not best suited to our players.

But that wasn't necessarily about having the right players it was about changing formations, personnel etc when things weren't working. He appears to have one plan, and if that doesn't work he's got no more ideas.

Maybe he has learnt more,he is a young Manager and he's not going to get everything right first time.He may well have learnt more now.Football management is no different to any other job you hopefully get better with experience

Last edited:
But how do we know he's any good at something he's not done yet?

Wouldn't it be better to get someone who has already shown they're capable of doing it?

But he might turn out better than they are

But how do we know he's any good at something he's not done yet?

Wouldn't it be better to get someone who has already shown they're capable of doing it?

How do you this' long ball' routine he always plays wont be effective for us?!

If it is effective I don't think you can put a time limit on it, Bolton have been doing it for years, so did Wimbledon in the nineties :102:

I think we'll just have to wait and see how his style unfolds,evolves whatever it may be

Last edited:
Look guys the same arguments have been done over and over now just for different names. FFS let MM decide who should get the job. Whoever we take on it will be a big gamble, any managerial appointment is. Even if we were to get jose M we could still struggle. A managers past is nothing to go by when he is appointed to a new job. Im not saying we shouldn’t have an opinion on who we think should get the job but arguing over the same tired old points is just getting monotonous now. Give it a rest please for the forums sake.

Look guys the same arguments have been done over and over now just for different names. FFS let MM decide who should get the job. Whoever we take on it will be a big gamble, any managerial appointment is. Even if we were to get jose M we could still struggle. A managers past is nothing to go by when he is appointed to a new job. Im not saying we shouldn’t have an opinion on who we think should get the job but arguing over the same tired old points is just getting monotonous now. Give it a rest please for the forums sake.

Oi, don't you come on here being sensible. :018: :icon_wink

But that's what's going on at the football club and there's nothing else to discuss at present, don't read it if it's boring you :102:

But that's what's going on at the football club and there's nothing else to discuss at present, don't read it if it's boring you :102:

If nobody reads it then the forum will die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669