Martyn Waghorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Bruce has loaned him out to get first team football, why would he come to a Chamionship club and be back-up when he could be back-up at a Premier League team.

Bruce knows he will have to fight for his place if he comes to City.

Positive move if he comes, i said if he comes son.

Last edited:
saw him play for charlton last season - looked a right handful - like a cultured kee.
can imagine why he's on loan behind bent, campbell and kenwyne jones, not to mention the rest.

good stuff.

Last edited:
But Bruce has loaned him out to get first team football, why would he come to a Chamionship club and be back-up when he could be back-up at a Premier League team.

So he gets Fryatt's spot or we play 4-3-3 and he sits behind Fryatt and Howard. Oakley moves out to the right. Wellens in the centre. Gradel on the left.

What do we then do with Dyer and N'Guessan?

Have we got too many players?

So he gets Fryatt's spot or we play 4-3-3 and he sits behind Fryatt and Howard. Oakley moves out to the right. Wellens in the centre. Gradel on the left.

What do we then do with Dyer and N'Guessan?

Have we got too many players?

I don't know you should ask Nigel Pearson really, all I am saying is I will be suprised if Bruce has sent him to Leicester to be a bench warmer.

Is it just me or is anybody else sick of people thinking its the law to play a target man up front??

Is it just me or is anybody else sick of people thinking its the law to play a target man up front??

It's just a strategy, like playing 4-4-2.

Can you give an example of a successful team where the two first choice strikers are both around Fryatt size, 5' 9"/11 stone?

Can you give an example of a successful team where the two first choice strikers are both around Fryatt size, 5' 9"/11 stone?

Dwight Yorke (5' 9") and Andy Cole (5' 10") in the 98/99 season at United - one of the most feared striking partnerships in Europe with 53 goals between them.

It's just a strategy, like playing 4-4-2.

Yorke and cole didnt do too bad at man u and the're not exactly giants! Anyway i know its a proven combination but it isnt the be all and end all. Post above just beat me.

Last edited:
Dwight Yorke (5' 9") and Andy Cole (5' 10") in the 98/99 season at United - one of the most feared striking partnerships in Europe with 53 goals between them.

An oustanding partnership, but one team once in ten years suggests that two amazing midget strikers in one team are hard to come by!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566