Martyn Waghorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
A forward that Leicester City have signed on loan from Sunderland. I thought the thread made it clear?

More about him in the mockery

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....horn-loan/article-1227459-detail/article.html

Leicester City are set to boost their strike-force 48 hours before the big kick-off.

Sunderland's Martyn Waghorn is expected to move to the Walkers Stadium on a season-long loan.

He could feature in the squad for the Championship opener against Swansea on Saturday.

A City spokesman said it was "pure speculation", but Black Cats boss Steve Bruce confirmed he was loaning out three of his young players, including Waghorn.

Speaking about the trio, which also includes Jack Colback and Jean-Yves M'votoin, Bruce said: "The lads have been in reserve football for 18 months and need to make that step up to the senior level.
They are excellent young players who have big futures. This is the next step for them and I am sure they will do well for the clubs they are joining.

"I want to see them come back that little bit more experienced and showing the benefits."

Waghorn was also linked with a move to League One side Carlisle, whose boss Greg Abbot was unimpressed at the striker's move to City.

Abbot said: "I am massively disappointed. It was a target we have been keeping warm all summer but now he is going to a Championship club.

"He was almost apologetic when he said he had to take the opportunity to play in a higher division than ourselves."

Waghorn, 19, has been with Sunderland since the age of eight. He made his senior debut against Manchester United in December 2007.

Since then, his first-team chances have been limited. He started only one further match in 2007-08 and played just once for Sunderland last season before being loaned to Charlton.

At The Valley, he made four starts, going off the bench three times and scoring one goal, in a 2-2 draw with Derby.

City boss Nigel Pearson has been looking to strengthen his strike-force over the summer.

Matty Fryatt and Steve Howard remain his two main marksmen but Waghorn should provide competition.

Crewe have taken City midfielder Aman Verma on trial with a view to signing him on loan, according to Sky Sports.

How many fecking stories are they going to add the 'Verma' news to the bottom of?

Waghorn was amazing today....completely changed the dynamics of the game......****ING LOVE IT!!!!

Do you know who he is now!:icon_wink

I realised who he was once I saw him celebrating for Charlton in a Sky Sports Football League advert, but I'll remember the name even more after yesterday.

He was troublesome, pacey and physical - everything Fryatt was certainly not.

Quality performence by the guy. I thought he changed the game for us and every time he was on the ball he posed a threat. Good spot.

Fryatt's out of his league in this division. He was 2 yrs ago as well.

Waghorn was great yesterday reminded me of Dickov in 2002/3 He was lucky with the goal but deserved it

Dont think Fryatt is finished just yet he just wasnt fit which was his problem most of 2007/08 as well. Once he is fit he will be back in the mix. I'm just glad we now have other options than putting on Dickov.

I'm sure N'Guessan would be another option up front as well and he looked good on the right hand side as well -quite impressed with his abilities. Adams had a good cameo appearance as well and looked sharp.

King was totally over ran and Oakley was poor in the first half. I think Wellens had a good game trying different things and getting stuck in The Swansea fans sure remembered him from last season and boo's rang out as soon as his name was mentioned nevermind when he had the ball.

This man could:

cameo.jpg

Fryatt's out of his league in this division. He was 2 yrs ago as well.

I think it's a little early to make that judgement. I think you'll find 2 years ago he was playing in a team that created no chances and hence hardly any goals. In this side he will get service and he will score. If he plays regularly for the rest of the season I fully expect him to score 15+ goals.

Last edited:
What do you mean by 'cameo appearance'?
I'm not sure how anybody can make a cameo appearance on a football pitch.

Normally cameo is refered to in regard to films etc. I know but "cameo" has come to refer to any short appearances which is the sense I was using the term NOT the fact that Mickey has a big cod piece!!!!!!!!

"cameo" has come to refer to any short appearances

Oh, has it? I must've missed that update.
How confusing. Don't you just hate it when they completely change the meaning of a word without telling you.

Oh, has it? I must've missed that update.
How confusing. Don't you just hate it when they completely change the meaning of a word without telling you.

It's terrible Macky

Apparently the word 'gay' no longer simply means happy, but also now relates to those people who like to stick their todger up a man's bottom

What is the world coming to. It used to be all fields round here.......

It's terrible Macky

Apparently the word 'gay' no longer simply means happy, but also now relates to those people who like to stick their todger up a man's bottom

What is the world coming to. It used to be all fields round here.......

Todgers up bottoms???
That can't be right, where's the fun in that? People don't really do things like that do they? How queer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669