Martyn Waghorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todgers up bottoms???
That can't be right, where's the fun in that? People don't really do things like that do they? How queer.

Apparently it is a passtime for a few but don't worry it will never catch on!

Last edited:
A lot of people need to take a reality check here especially those slagging off Fryatt.

It was obvious on Saturday that Fryatt was lacking in match fitness. As he had missed all of pre-season apart from a cameo appearance against that Spanish outfit when he came on for the last 20minutes.

It was obvious he was off the pace and struggled most of the first half indeed at half time he looked knackered when he went off.

Pearson, being the quality manager he is recognoised that and rightfully made the substitutions.

Waghorn was a great played and it was refreshing to see a young lad not be frightened or intimidated by more experienced defenders, it was refreshing to see a City forward with Pace.

However, please let's judge Fryatt at Christmastime when he has time to get match fit. He has played a number of games.

I am not a lover of Matt Fryatt however, he proved in League 1 he can score goals at that level.

Let's see if he can make the step up and score in the Championship this season, once he is match fit!

A lot of people need to take a reality check here especially those slagging off Fryatt.

It was obvious on Saturday that Fryatt was lacking in match fitness. As he had missed all of pre-season apart from a cameo appearance against that Spanish outfit when he came on for the last 20minutes.

It was obvious he was off the pace and struggled most of the first half indeed at half time he looked knackered when he went off.

Pearson, being the quality manager he is recognoised that and rightfully made the substitutions.

Waghorn was a great played and it was refreshing to see a young lad not be frightened or intimidated by more experienced defenders, it was refreshing to see a City forward with Pace.

However, please let's judge Fryatt at Christmastime when he has time to get match fit. He has played a number of games.

I am not a lover of Matt Fryatt however, he proved in League 1 he can score goals at that level.

Let's see if he can make the step up and score in the Championship this season, once he is match fit!

I he isnt match fit untill christmas time we have a problem!!

Why should Fryatt get 20 games to show he is match fit when the rest of the team had a maximum of about 4 or 5 pre-season games to get match fit.

I, like a number of others, are concerned that the last time Fryatt played in the Championship, he was too slow and too lightweight.

I would love him to prove me wrong this season.

Mike,

You answered your own post Fryatt had no pre-season at all. The other players had 4 or 5 games which is 4 or 5 more than Fryatt.

Mike,

You answered your own post Fryatt had no pre-season at all. The other players had 4 or 5 games which is 4 or 5 more than Fryatt.

But everyone else was match fit on Saturday so why does Fryatt need 20 games to get match fit when everyone else only needed 5?

But everyone else was match fit on Saturday so why does Fryatt need 20 games to get match fit when everyone else only needed 5?

Fryatt has had surgery over the summer; the healing of the wound has not gone well. He will obviously take more time to get match fit than somebody who has just had an ordinary summer.

Fryatt has had surgery over the summer; the healing of the wound has not gone well. He will obviously take more time to get match fit than somebody who has just had an ordinary summer.

So why not loan him out for a month or two to a league 1 or 2 side, where he will perform relatively well, to get match fit, rather than 'carry' him in our first team when we need fully fit strikers to perform every match?

i dont know why some are wanting to loan last seasons top scorer out???? he has had an 'injury' so he will need a few weeks to catch up

I do not mind him staying, as long as he is not playing until he is fit and strong and fast again.

you have previously said loan him out??? we dont have that many decent options up front so it was worth the 'risk' and besides his substitution along with the anonymous king worked wonders :icon_bigg

I said loan him out because he is not yet good enough to play for us. Happy for him to be on the bench as an emergency striker for injury to one or more of our fit strikers.

I said loan him out because he is not yet good enough to play for us. Happy for him to be on the bench as an emergency striker for injury to one or more of our fit strikers.

Loan out our top scorer from last season

Good thinking, there :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673