Martyn Waghorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not wholly convinced he is a Premiership footballer at this stage in his career. Still seems a little callow at times to me.

I'm not wholly convinced he is a Premiership footballer at this stage in his career. Still seems a little callow at times to me.

Having just seen his goal from the weekend, that was a super take and finish. He just needs to do it more regularly.

Waghorn is insane and without doubt will make the premier league, Paul McShane plays in the Premier League, enough said.

Its seems to of that Waghorn is enjoying himself alot here and would probably rather stay here playing first team football than be a bench warmer at Sunderland.

We are getting into a Tom Cleverley situation here. The decision will not be up to Waghorn or Leicester City. He belongs to Sunderland and his wishes have nothing to do with it. As Bill Shankley once told a player "What do you mean your leg; that's Liverpool's leg."

Waghorn has scored 2 goals in 5 full appearances and 2 further goals in 12 substitute appearances both when he was on the pitch for more than half an hour.

So really thats not a bad return and seems to show that given time he will give a good return goals wise.

Fryatt by comparison has scored 2 goals in the last 10 games

I realise I'm being a cantankerous old bastard here. Apologies, I just think it's a bit early to crown old waggy just yet.

He's shown flashes of potential, but he does have elements of his game that will need some serious improvement before he's ready for a premiership tilt. In my opinion.

No surprise really

Frazier Campbell has turned out to be a complete dud, so he's got no back up at all for his front two

Would have thought he'd have gone and bought someone decent, considering the position they are in, but maybe he's spent his wad for the season

You'd love to know more about Steve Bruces 'wad' wouldnt you? Wouldnt you??

Sickening.

Last edited:
Let him go back and we'll have David Healy and Daryl Murphy instead.

Healy can score goals at this level. In fact, may score more goals than Waghorn. Rather have Waghorn, but Healy could certainly be a success.

Healy can score goals at this level. In fact, may score more goals than Waghorn. Rather have Waghorn, but Healy could certainly be a success.

Different type of player though. Healy is very similar to Fryatt. Waghorn is pacy, busy and has a physical presence, he has finally given us another option to Howard. We struggled last season when Howard wasn't in the team, this year we are a better side without him and the emergence of Waghorn has played a big part. Don't underestimate the impact Waghorn has had and the effect his loss could have on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669