Match ticket pricing - another King Power masterclass

The final nail in the coffin for “normal” people attending football matches.

Dynamic pricing needs to be investigated (not by the foxes trust hopefully) and eradicated.

There has been a lot of publicity around the Oasis tickets recently but this practice is prevalent in the entertainment, leisure and other sectors.

It continues the trend of hitting hard at the least well off in society and penalises those who can least afford it.

ATM (and since Covid) it really feels that the financial squeeze on most people bar the extremely rich is becoming unbearable.

Something needs to be done to ease this as I fear the country is heading faster and faster towards a disaster.

Dynamic pricing needs to be investigated (not by the foxes trust hopefully) and eradicated.

There has been a lot of publicity around the Oasis tickets recently but this practice is prevalent in the entertainment, leisure and other sectors.

It continues the trend of hitting hard at the least well off in society and penalises those who can least afford it.

ATM (and since Covid) it really feels that the financial squeeze on most people bar the extremely rich is becoming unbearable.

Something needs to be done to ease this as I fear the country is heading faster and faster towards a disaster.
You're not alone in thinking this Cambs.

For the club to make any serious money from dynamic pricing, they would have to reduce the number of season tickets available to make more ‘on the day’ tickets available.
I guess several hundred season tickets become available each year through death and people moving away. They could just not offer them back out.
Are their any rules about what proportion of the stadium has to be offered as season tickets.
Big cup matches would be the obvious target to do it.
Of course the doomsday scenario would be that the club would end all season ticket renewals, get 50,000 into an online queue, and then kick in the dynamic pricing for buying all 20,000+ season tickets!

What is very British is to bitch and moan about something but do **** all else about it. The ground will be full for the first game of the season and most/all of the highest tier games. (some) people will drone on about how shit it is but still keep paying to endure it.
completely agree and the recent GE voting numbers back your statement up!

for context take fuel price hikes as an example.

when I lived in Germany around 20 years ago the Germans boycotted ARAL, at the end of the month they were sat with a load of fuel on their forecourts with a monthly shipment coming.

End result ARAL slashed it's fuel prices to get rid of it's stock, the next month SHELL recieved the same treatment. That is the public saying no and voting with their feet.

out of curiosity if our fans stopped buying tickets would the club slash it's prices on match day or does the TV money mean they are not bothered?

If this has priced the average fan out of seeing our club live then the optics are not good and really it is a tragedy.

This happens at FC Cincinatti. I've bought tickets for a game a couple of months in advance then checked for other tickets later and have seen that ones in the area I've already got them for have increased in price.

I don’t mind it in theory as long as it’s transparent. It wasn’t for Oasis. People (me included) queued for hours and hours to then find the tickets were way more expensive than first communicated and sold as “in demand”. It’s clearly ****ing obvious every ticket would have been in high demand.

I got to that stage and then ****ed it off when I saw the new price.

I don’t mind it in theory as long as it’s transparent. It wasn’t for Oasis. People (me included) queued for hours and hours to then find the tickets were way more expensive than first communicated and sold as “in demand”. It’s clearly ****ing obvious every ticket would have been in high demand.

Good for you!

Unfortunately it isn’t necessarily transparent.

Airlines use it all the time, selling the first qty at xxx and then the next batch at yyy, and so on, I’m also certain that they use software to track your IP address and the more you return to a site the more the price rises?

It’s just wrong and is only put in place to increase revenue at the expense of those who can’t afford to pay for stuff months or even years in advance.

If you are very wealthy then as soon as an airline releases tickets for sale for (let’s say) next summer holidays then you would buy them at a much reduced price than someone who can’t pay that far ahead and can perhaps only afford to do so nearer the actual date.

It’s the same with the summer holiday prices, all companies need to be forced to reduce the price hike in July and August purely because the kids are off. Buy the identical holiday in late September and all of a sudden the price is half what it was previously.

Unfortunately it isn’t necessarily transparent.

Airlines use it all the time, selling the first qty at xxx and then the next batch at yyy, and so on, I’m also certain that they use software to track your IP address and the more you return to a site the more the price rises?

It’s just wrong and is only put in place to increase revenue at the expense of those who can’t afford to pay for stuff months or even years in advance.

If you are very wealthy then as soon as an airline releases tickets for sale for (let’s say) next summer holidays then you would buy them at a much reduced price than someone who can’t pay that far ahead and can perhaps only afford to do so nearer the actual date.

It’s the same with the summer holiday prices, all companies need to be forced to reduce the price hike in July and August purely because the kids are off. Buy the identical holiday in late September and all of a sudden the price is half what it was previously.

I was only saying to someone the other day that when I started going to Filbert Street in 1998, we often wouldn't sell out matches in the Premier League.

I just had a look and even in the height of MoN, we were at less than 20,000 averages on an official capacity of 22,000.
1725361643808.png

Yet here we are in 2024, tickets are far more expensive, we're playing in a league season that we're likely already relegated from and yet every game is going to be a near sell out.

I decided a while ago that this is my last season as a STH, despite being one, with my family, for over 25 years. When we had to move from the family stand we were treated like crap and made to pay for it. No more, I've had enough of giving my hard-earned money to multi-millionaires. And besides, match day just isn't what it used to be. Cheap tinies from the offy and and a free stream for me after this season, but no regrets. I saw and experienced one of our greatest decades ever and I doubt that will repeat any time in my lifetime.

I saw them play Wembley before they split. They were a bit shite. Certainly not worth remortgaging over.

Flappity **** wings, this is a bit mental.

Yeah, mental to suggest the unspecified and potentially large points deduction heading our way could well relegate us.

Yeah, mental to suggest the unspecified and potentially large points deduction heading our way could well relegate us.
Likely already relegated. That's what you said. Based on something you then described as 'unspecified' and 'potentially'.....

Wibbletastic.

Likely already relegated. That's what you said. Based on something you then described as 'unspecified' and 'potentially'.....

Wibbletastic.
What percentage chance would you give us of staying up in the following scenarios:
  • 4 point deduction - 40%
  • 6 point deduction - 30%
  • 8 point deduction - 15%
  • 10 point deduction - 5%
  • ≥10 point deduction - 2%
?

Who knows what we'll get punished for, but it could easily be more than 10 points as my understanding is we've broken the rules more significantly and then been less cooperative than any previously sanctioned team.

What percentage chance would you give us of staying up in the following scenarios:
?

Who knows what we'll get punished for, but it could easily be more than 10 points as my understanding is we've broken the rules more significantly and then been less cooperative than any previously sanctioned team.
I don't know.

That's the point.

That's why I'm not saying that we are relegated already.

Which is mental.

It's going to be a ****ing hard season and we might go down. I don't think that would be a shock. But 'already relegated'... 3.games in.... Without any clue of any points deduction.... Yeah, even I've not been as comprehensively unhopeful as that.

?

How about the chances with a nil points deduction? 🍆🍆🍆🍆

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Liverpool49
4Aston Villa49
5Brighton48
6Nottm F48
7Chelsea47
8Newcastle37
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46