Speculation Matt Derbyshire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again we are linked to a decent player and the negativity starts to come out. May I just point out that free agent Matt Derbyshire has scored 48 goals in 171 appearences (a lot of them from the bench),and £7m Shane Long has scored 54 goals in 200 Appearences!

Im surprised some aren't moaning because of his surname :icon_bigg

Once again we are linked to a decent player and the negativity starts to come out. May I just point out that free agent Matt Derbyshire has scored 48 goals in 171 appearences (a lot of them from the bench),and £7m Shane Long has scored 54 goals in 200 Appearences!

Says it all really. He had a good spell at Olympiakos recently as well, 6 goals in 19 games isn't too bad a return. I'm not expecting him to come in and score 25 goals, but he's a better option as back up than Howard or Waghorn.

But we can't have anyone at the Foxes with THAT surname - ever!

there's only one Matt Leicestershire

Only just read todays thread ,i must admit i havent seen much about the guy for a while now, (is he worth signing)

I tell you what Steve Howard or Waghorn (neither of whom fit the bill as to the standard required) would score more goals.

All three players have comparable scoring records last year except Derbyshire was in higher division.

I am scratching my head where your assumption has come from because another check tells me Derbyshire as scored 20 goals in a top flight team, Howard one and Waghorn nil.

Looks like his medical (wherever he is) has been passed.

Could be worth a gamble (as long as not our 'big name signing') but could also turn out to be another Franny Jeffers (Let's hope not).

Shane Long is definitely not worth £7mill more than this fella and if we got him on a free it could turn out to be a cracking piece of business!

Shane Long is definitely not worth £7mill more than this fella and if we got him on a free it could turn out to be a cracking piece of business!

May well be true - but he's gone to F!"£$t.

Ah balls, been spending too much time following the riots at work this morning and been slacking on the football!!

Does this mean we now take what a certain someone on Twitter says as gospel?

All three players have comparable scoring records last year except Derbyshire was in higher division.

I am scratching my head where your assumption has come from because another check tells me Derbyshire as scored 20 goals in a top flight team, Howard one and Waghorn nil.

Scratch your head no more Hazzman.

Howard (who is not going to fill the gap in our side) has scored around 150 goals over a similar period to Derbyshire scoring around 30 goals.

The owners are showing great ambition - putting their money where their mouths are and I don't see them wasting time on Matt Derbyshire. I can see, however, why Derbyshire's agent would want this speculation to run.

Apparently with the Forest squad.

Their fans are not too happy
One goal every six games for Blackburn.
None in thirteen for Brum on loan last season.

Did ok for Olympiakos but that doesn't take into account the strength of the opposition and did well for Wrexham 5 seasons ago.

I am about to unplug my computer before I make the unwise decision to throw something heavy at my screen.

Scratch your head no more Hazzman.

Howard (who is not going to fill the gap in our side) has scored around 150 goals over a similar period to Derbyshire scoring around 30 goals.

The owners are showing great ambition - putting their money where their mouths are and I don't see them wasting time on Matt Derbyshire. I can see, however, why Derbyshire's agent would want this speculation to run.

And who were the opposition? The lower leagues I believe bar a couple of seasons goalscoring for Luton and Derby.

They've just been turned down by that Verhoek chap as well. That's a kick in the teeth as I bet he'd have been good. Apparently homesick, but more likely took one look at the place and thought '**** this for a bag of chips'....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669