Speculation Matt Derbyshire

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what makes your opinion that we shouldn't go for him any more valid?

Take your head out your fookin arse!!!

Because his record is shockingly bad. Because in my opinion he isn't going to score goals. because i don't think there is much of a market or use for non-scoring strikers.

Does that help?

Yeah, but we can't get enough of 'em round here. Go on Big Steve!

Exactly - this isn't just about Matt Derbyshire - but about the standard and type of forwards needed to make the difference in moving us from finishing in the middle of the table to being serious promotion contenders. Ok we've chosen to sell Fryatt who people had mixed views about but nonetheless is a proven goal scorer; we've generously made a substantial donation to Sunderland AFC for Waghorn who won't score many and we've got Gallagher and Vassell who have got their strengths but that doesn't include scoring a glut of goals from open play.

Nugent and Maynard are both a risk - one has almost completely lost form and the other has a bad injury record- but look the type of striker that we need. But as for Derbyshire - one of our likely rivals had him on loan and doesn't want to know so why would we want him. I may be up my own 'a.se' as someone put it but I've seen enough football to know that its going to be difficult enough to get out of this division and that you need a strong spine to the side - good keeper (we haven't got one); 2 strong central defenders ( Hobbs is probably going and Bamba needs someone solid next to him) and two powerful strikers (we haven't got any).

Who do you realistically expect us to sign though Redditch? Its clear the big names aren't coming, and any other season many would be praising this signing.

I still think that despite what has been said by most clubs, the most impressive signings for Championship sides will be on loan.

Premiership sides are generally loathe to sell their young stars (particularly English ones) - but want them to develop.

I do admire Sven's insistence that we want to make permanent signings but a mixture of players' unwillingess to drop to our level permanently and premier league clubs' reluctance to sell their promising young players means that in my opinion, while we might spend some money and sign players from abroad and the Championship, I still think we might see some of our 'bigger' signings being loanees (until they change all the rules - and I'm sure they will at some point)

Who do you realistically expect us to sign though Redditch? Its clear the big names aren't coming, and any other season many would be praising this signing.

Exactly. If The Yak really wanted to sign for us he would have done by now but it is clear that he's just looking for a nice easy pay day so would much rather us be focusing on players who have the desire to play football.

Hopefully the keeper situation is being resolved right now - that's the most important vacancy. Good move Sven.

As I said Maynard & Nugent would fit the bill - both realistic signings as you put it - and players who can worry defences.

Central defence is a bit of aproblem - Mee is a decent player but I'm not sure ready to be one of the two regular central defenders.

We're also light in mid field both in terms of numbers and type of players. What about Bullard on a pay as you play loan deal?

I worked it out last night we need to sign 8 or 9 players ideally.

A keeper
2 right backs
a left back
2 centre backs
maybe another central midfielder
2 strikers

I worked it out last night we need to sign 8 or 9 players ideally.

A keeper
2 right backs
a left back
2 centre backs
maybe another central midfielder
2 strikers

From "My letter to Sven" by SuperScout

"The list was like this:

Goalkeepers
Right Backs
Left Backs
Centre Backs
Right Midfielders/Wingers
Left Midfielders/Wingers
Central Midfielders
Central Attacking Midfielders/Second Strikers
Strikers
"

I think BM is trying to imply I should have left a message on your profile page instead.

Bleeding netkop :icon_bigg

I know, implying that I would be one who 'didn't get it'. Is he Macky in disguise?!

I was actually referring to the time you explained a really obvious joke. Spion should have known that really.

In that case I offer my apologies, I remember it well. I can be a bit slow off the draw but in this instance I bypassed it completely, I'm sure you'll understand when I say I came in here to give my opinion about the player in question, then back in to check if there had been any further developments or not. So it wasn't a particularly nice welcome to see a post slating me for no apparent reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669