Speculation Matt Derbyshire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derbyshire doesnt excite me and scare the opposition, yakubu does

the yakubu situation seems a farce, I would have assumed his personal terms could have been dealt with whilst he was here on loan with the signing then been a formality.

Last edited:

the yakubu situation seems a farce, I would have assumed his personal terms could have been dealt with whilst he was here on loan with the signing then been a formality.

I suppose the Yak was always going to negotiate the best deal. I quite agree he would be a bigger presence than most players I could think of.

I suppose the Yak was always going to negotiate the best deal. I quite agree he would be a bigger presence than most players I could think of.

John Carew, Carew,
He's bigger than me and you,
John Carew, Carew.

It's not always so simple though. I'd like to see Yakubu here, but I don't think he's worth the amounts being bandied about regarding his wages. Some people say you shouldn't be too concerned about monetary issues but I wouldn't like to see it cause us trouble further down the line due to 'living beyond our means'. I can't see this happening though, I've been pretty impressed with the way the current owners have gone about things so far.

I said previously that I was not excited by this move, if true. My reasons are the impression that he will be another Cranny Jeffers- promise a lot early in his career but fail to deliver as it develops.

I can hereby confirm that the majors arse is indeed his best feature by some distance.

There, I've said it.

Bit harsh that. He may have had dodgy spells at Birmingham [bit part player] and Plymouth [7 years ago], but his record in Greece is decent. Also, this move could perhaps kick start his career again.

He is 25 years old now. Many players who had potential as kids only start producing the goods when they reach their mid-twenties. Just give the boy a chance.

Since he's been so good in Greece - its surprising that theyv'e told him to p-ss off with still 2 years to run on his contract. I doubt if this is anything to do with Greece's financial crisis.

You are right tho' - it isn't impossible that he might revive his career although I doubt it. Any talk of a fee would be absurd - unless Olympkios are going to pay us or subsidise his wages.

Given that endorsement, I think we need to get in there now and splash the cash before we get into a bidding war with Chelsea & Man City.

And what makes your opinion that we shouldn't go for him any more valid?

Take your head out your fookin arse!!!

People are getting very aggressive on here recently. I think off season madness has well and truly taken hold!

Its totally nuts on here at the moment, everyone is picking fault with everyone else's posts and it's making me not want to post :(

People are getting very aggressive on here recently. I think off season madness has well and truly taken hold!

Its totally nuts on here at the moment, everyone is picking fault with everyone else's posts and it's making me not want to post :(

Whatever happened to 'attack the post, NOT the poster'?

I blame the mods :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670