Matt Oakley confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is a quote from a Derby fan that sums it up nicely for me, the foresight to next year is certainly true.

Quote:
Shocking decision! Sell our best player this season and also the best striker we had that would perform in the Championship next season. To make matters worse we sell them to Leicester and buy their ex-donkey Savage. £500K for Oakley and we pay £1.5m for Savage. Shambles

If anyone else cares to do a bit of research, maybe register on their fans website for message board reaction? The above quote/reaction is exactly what I am hoping is the consensus of opinion of Derby fans. The majority opinion of fans is usually one to be trusted (I remember the Wolves site views about their Akinbye sale to LCFC & the great majority said he couldn't score or trap a bag of cement - pretty accurate!)

Babs - you're often on here and FoxesTalk. Let me ask you something, which site is better in your opinion? By 'better' I mean in terms of SOH and breaking news?

Breaking news probably here due to the news links at the top. They are catching up though thanks to the numbers of people they have posting, ie more people looking on the OS and other sites so they see the news quicker.

On here you have/had better insiders, not sure if the chain of info is still there since all the changes.

SOH... horses for courses really. I can laugh at both sites, some cracking posters on there like Fez and Ric two name just two. I post on here less generally, only because my opinions are very similar to most posters on here. On FT I read more things I disagree with and that wind me up... which is generally when I post!!!

As for better.... I don't know, this place is always my first port of call though. Actually until they fix the annoying crashing thing I'll say this place.

Last edited:
If anyone else cares to do a bit of research, maybe register on their fans website for message board reaction?

Good player, he will do well for you, a very good player in CCC and still able to cut it in the prem. This could well come back to haunt us? He goes with our best wishes

In listening to reports that he is on his way to fester, it makes you think that there are other players in that same posision that should go before him, eg jones, malcom, person and barnes.
Oakley has been one of the few shining lights from this season so far. as as for the money we have been offered, its crap. As a prem club we should be asking for prem prices. We ha to pay 1m for david jones last year, a player that had only played 4 times for united. he should be selling for at least 1.5m

After losing yet another of last seasons heroes I believe it is only appropriate that we reminisce about Matt Oakleys contribution at the club and how he lead the side to promotion last season. I dont believe selling Oakley is the best idea when we have plenty more players who are no where near the standard Oakley has been performing at and are no good to us. Before we sell Oakley we should be selling Moore, Johnson, Edworthy, Macken, Malcom, Camara and Teale. I thank Matt for his performances at my beloved club and for his role in last years memorable season. He should be remembered as the captain the day we won at Wembley who lead by example and drove our team to victory and earning himself the man of the match award in the biggest game our club has played in quite a few years.
Good luck in the future Matt and thanks for the memories.

He and big Steve have gone first because they are the better players and the ones in demand, if you were buying would you want an Oakley or a Malcolm?

Best of luck to them both and it hurts me to say it, best of luck to Leicester because of them.

Breaking news probably here due to the news links at the top. They are catching up though thanks to the numbers of people they have posting, ie more people looking on the OS and other sites so they see the news quicker.

On here you have/had better insiders, not sure if the chain of info is still there since all the changes.

SOH... horses for courses really. I can laugh at both sites, some cracking posters on there like Fez and Ric two name just two. I post on here less generally, only because my opinions are very similar to most posters on here. On FT I read more things I disagree with and that wind me up... which is generally when I post!!!

As for better.... I don't know, this place is always my first port of call though.

I like both sites - but this, to me, is home.....

and foxes talk is down again

As for better.... I don't know, this place is always my first port of call though. Actually until they fix the annoying crashing thing I'll say this place.

:058:

Lako,
Thanks very much for this, a good few posts there all saying Oakley is a good player - not only last season in the CCC but also this season in a struggling team eg 'Oakley has been one of the few shining lights from this season so far'
A midfield in the making now - Clemence might now at last be able to realise the form we expected of him, playing next to someone of real calibre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669