Matt Oakley confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all these signings MM will want an improvement and if not has been forthcoming by Easter then Milan will have Holloways arse for a hat....and it will suit him

Last edited:
With all these signings MM will want an improvement and if not has been forthcoming by Easter then Milan will have Holloways arse for a hat....and it will suit him

Why do I have a sudden craving for a hot cross bun?

Alnwick knows a few of the players from the England setup.

That's actually true isn't it? God help England...

That aside, I'm hoping that the meshing process will be relatively easy as it seems that Holloway has a plan and is bringing in specific players to fill specific roles, rather than a random assortment where they then have to try and work out a plan. The Hungarians are an unknown quantity - they will be unknown to the opposition as well and could be the aces up our sleeve. The other outfield acquisitions all have pedigree in this division. I'm cautiously optimistic :)

That's actually true isn't it? God help England...

That aside, I'm hoping that the meshing process will be relatively easy as it seems that Holloway has a plan and is bringing in specific players to fill specific roles, rather than a random assortment where they then have to try and work out a plan. The Hungarians are an unknown quantity - they will be unknown to the opposition as well and could be the aces up our sleeve. The other outfield acquisitions all have pedigree in this division. I'm cautiously optimistic :)

good post :038::038:

I believe so on tuesday! I hope its with a view to a permanent deal 'cos that kids goin places.

no chance of a permantant deal on this one he only signed a three year contract in the summer and will be a big player in the future:icon_sad:

no chance of a permantant deal on this one he only signed a three year contract in the summer and will be a big player in the future:icon_sad:

At least we'll have him for the rest of the season.

Not according to the Villa fans site I read. Rest of the season apparently. :023:

The point I was making was not about whether we need the players or not, but IH saying something was bad and then going and doing it himself. It makes him look like he doesn't know what he's doing.

I don't agree - I like the fact he doesn't feel he has to stick by something he said if he realises it's wrong, as appears to be the case here. Also, as I said above, these signings look far more targeted than the summer ones.

The point I was making was not about whether we need the players or not, but IH saying something was bad and then going and doing it himself. It makes him look like he doesn't know what he's doing.

Not at all it just means he wasn't quite sure what he had let himself in for when he made that comment!
& he was more referring to the signings all being much of a muchness in my opinion.:023:

i'm starting to feel better as the day goes on after my despondency this morning

alnwick, howard, oakley. international and promotion achieving pedigree. and not past it like Johnson and other 'name' signings.

zsolto, bori, osbourne - could go either way. if one comes off at least we'll have three quarters of a midfield.

at the very least we should see more of the ball and less headless chickening.

wouldn't be surprised if there's one or two more being sized up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669