Matt Oakley

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF he signs then i wouldnt get too carried away afterall weve been here before with clemence and he hasnt exactly shined (so far) :102::)

And let's be honest, if we put together a good team and win this league, we'd be thrashed in the Prem: AND, if we bought in more players and did well in the Prem, the Europeans would beat us out of sight AND ......

:081:

Remember watching Draby of the telly recently and thinking to myself, blimey I always thought that Oakley was an okay player, but he looks absolute shite now.

Right up our street then!

Clemence hasn't been great but that's due in no small part to him usually being the only actual midfielder on the pitch.
Clem and Oakley would make a great pairing - therefore it's hardly going to be in our best interests to piss him off by dropping him/ stripping him of the captaincy, is it?

Remember watching Draby of the telly recently and thinking to myself, blimey I always thought that Oakley was an okay player, but he looks absolute shite now.

Oh dear,I'd reach for your tin hat if I were you BN:icon_conf

full story

kley set for Leicester switch
_44348913_oakley_203_get.jpg
Matt Oakley signed from Southampton on a free transfer

Derby County midfielder Matt Oakley is in talks with Leicester City over a transfer to the Championship outfit.
The Foxes have tabled an offer of £500,000 for the former Southampton midfielder,which Derby have accepted. :038::038:
Thirty-year-old Oakley was a key member of Billy Davies' promotion-winning side last season.
The former Derby captain would be the second player to leave the Rams for Leicester with Ian Holloway also signing Steve Howard recently.

In the Prem, yes - completely out of his depth there

But he was outstanding last year, and five hundred grand is nowt

About as good as we are going to get in our current state IMO

Derby have blatantly announced it to alert other clubs to try and get a higher bid. I will be severly pissed off if someone like QPR come in and snatch him off us now.......

Last edited:
I guess he will be down for talks very shortly seeing as we aint far, hopefully we can get it wrapped up this afternoon before any more clubs come sniffing around.

Last edited:
Northampton accepted our offer for Johnson,he then signed for Leeds.

The mercury are reporting we've beaten off 4 other clubs, so it appears he only wants to come here. Still not happy until pen is put to paper.

Derby have blatantly announced it to alert other clubs to try and get a higher bid. I will be severly pissed off if someone like QPR come in and snatch him off us now.......

bit like sunderland over fulop :102:

Oh dear,I'd reach for your tin hat if I were you BN:icon_conf

Pah!

Just think it's a slightly peculiar approach to add players (Howard and Oakley) who are totally devoid of confidence to a squad who are totally devoid of confidence. It gives Ollie a heck of a job to do with them.

Anyway, what do I know eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670